Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
47AJV8

Drives: A White Car
Looking for a Custom Supercharger Manifold

So I have a PD head unit in mind, and I have an engine in mind, but there are not kits on the market for it, and this is my go to place for information, who here could build me a custom supercharger manifold and accoutrements (I already have a tuner in mind so don't worry about that, I'm just looking for the right hardware)? Thanks in advance!

Just so there's no confusion, one of these:

Description: Supercharger Manifolds are commonly found in Roots or Twin-Screw type superchargers. The supercharger compressor mounts on top of this custom manifold and the manifold then in return mounts where your stock manifold was.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
Crawler

Drives: 12 2SS L99
There are a number of fab shops that can do it. The trick is that they will need either your heads, a block, and your blower; or already have them.

Most likely it will end up being done with CNC flanges for the heads and the blower base,etc... Then they'll construct the rest from sheetmetal. But billet could be done for big $$$.

I have a couple shops in the TX area. But I don't know who to suggest in Alberta. If you're willing to ship the necessary core components then they might be able to help you out down here.
09 Hayabusa-Spiney thing in the exhaust 468RWHP
95 Dodge Cummins- 9.5 1/4 mile
Gone-12 2SS/RS SMD Built
Gone-C6 Procharged 416
Gone-07 CTS-V Procharged 427
Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
MaxKamai
Mad Ninja Skills

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6
Need a little more info. If you're looking to run something like a 6-71 or 8-71 blower on an ls motor there are companies that make them for both cathedral and rectangle port heads. They are just harder to come by. Hard to tell what you're looking for. Engine and charger models/specs would greatly help.
Custom stainless 2" primary headers / Custom stainless 3" header back exhaust / Hurst short shifter / ZEX nitrous kit / Vararam intake / Spohn chrome moly trailing arms / Sin City Performance Tune / SCP custom ground cam / SCP ported & polished heads

New Car 2007 Corvette Z06 - Headers / Vararam / Magnaflow Catback / SCP Tune / Nitrous / BTR Stg IV Cam and Springs
MaxKamai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #4
47AJV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler View Post
There are a number of fab shops that can do it. The trick is that they will need either your heads, a block, and your blower; or already have them.

Most likely it will end up being done with CNC flanges for the heads and the blower base,etc... Then they'll construct the rest from sheetmetal. But billet could be done for big $$$.

I have a couple shops in the TX area. But I don't know who to suggest in Alberta. If you're willing to ship the necessary core components then they might be able to help you out down here.
I actually do a fair bit of business in TX and would be willing to ship there or anywhere on the west coast really. I don't really need billet, not looking to run a ton of boost or make a show car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxKamai View Post
Need a little more info. If you're looking to run something like a 6-71 or 8-71 blower on an ls motor there are companies that make them for both cathedral and rectangle port heads. They are just harder to come by. Hard to tell what you're looking for. Engine and charger models/specs would greatly help.
I was being quite general because I didn't know how people would react to a non-LS engine question, but I figure because I'm on the forums quite often and the people on here are so good they shouldn't care too much. I was looking at doing a custom whipple set up on either this engine:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._FSI_257-309kW

Or the one from the new gen 5 viper, maybe both. I just want something that hasn't been done before, and the kits out there for the Audi 4.2 only offer roots blowers which just don't do it for me. So if any vendors or fabricators would like to chime in?
Old 11-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #5
Crawler

Drives: 12 2SS L99
Shoot me a PM. I don't want to break any forum rules by posting shops up.
09 Hayabusa-Spiney thing in the exhaust 468RWHP
95 Dodge Cummins- 9.5 1/4 mile
Gone-12 2SS/RS SMD Built
Gone-C6 Procharged 416
Gone-07 CTS-V Procharged 427
Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #6
47AJV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler View Post
Shoot me a PM. I don't want to break any forum rules by posting shops up.
Will do thanks!

Tags
custom, manifold, supercharger