Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
"BIG GULP" by Roto-Fab!!

The Roto-fab ZL1 CAI is making great power with or without a tune. Here's something to make it even better!
Introducing the BIG GULP! This duct is a bolt-in replacement for the stock air brake duct on the left side (driver's side) giving you much needed air to your intake while maintaining a brake duct! We've increased the inlet size to utilize more of the grill opening and we're making it adjustable! You have the option of routing all of the air to your air box or routing approximately the same air to your brake duct as stock, then the remainder to the air box. If you are drag racing or just want to go fast, go "all air box". If you are road racing, choose a position routing more air to the brakes.

Here's the stock left front brake cooling duct on the ZL1. For reference, the plastic inner fender bolts to the end of the duct with two screws (Note the W/W reservoir has been removed)

Here is the BIG GULP mounting in the same position.

Here is a view showing the air flow.

A comparison of the BIG GULP and the stock brake duct.

In this view you can see we have a larger entry than stock which allows us to use more of the grill opening.

Here is a top view showing the shape of the inner baffle and it's position in both extremities. The small silver circle is the hinge pin location.

Here is the adjusting lever in the recessed front grill area.

We have designed and molded this piece as a direct replacement for the stock duct. No drilling, cutting, etc., if you can change a tire you should have no problem installing it. The W/W reservoir does need to be relocated-we have a great kit for that as well!
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
ace32x

Drives: 2013 ZL1
price on it and for the w/w relocation kit?
Old 11-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
carrs_crew
Livin the Dream

Drives: sold
for those with the ZL1 conversion swap, could this help out the v8's with or without the rotofab cai? I think you might be able to sell quite a few to those individuals
carrs_crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
You guys are awesome, lets us know when its ready to order. I am putting my Roto-Fab CAI in tomorrow so I guess I have another little weekend project soon.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
carrs_crew
Livin the Dream

Drives: sold
I would also like to purchase one old duct from those ZL1 owners who are going to add this
thanks
chad
carrs_crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
Errnie-ZL1
2013 ZL1 blk on blk

Drives: Time to order mods well she sleeps!
i would like to purchase a big gulp 2 can you get them yet? for the roto fab
Errnie-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #7
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
I gotta say, you guys are pretty amazing. This product was obvioulsy developed for a very small niche market, yet you guys have spent the time, money, and R&D to develop such a unique product. Hats off to you, I was already impressed with your CAI. Also, big thanks to Jannetty Racing for testing these products in addition to other products. Between you two, you have provided a LOT of information that we ZL1 owners would not have otherwise had. With your development, and Ted from JRE testing your products along with other "no-tune" products, we consumers are well equipped to choose from many options backed by real world testing/results. Hats off to both Roto-Fab and Jannetty Racing (JRE)

http://www.jreperformanceparts.com/

http://roto-fab.com/
Old 11-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #8
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errnie-ZL1 View Post
i would like to purchase a big gulp 2 can you get them yet? for the roto fab
We are still a few weeks out for delivery. On the exterior, you will be getting what you see. The internal moving parts are still being tested and we have not decided on the best all-around configuration among our working prototypes. To answer another question, the retail price of the Big Gulp can't be determined until we finalize the configuration.
FYI, we've received some recent feedback from C5 members and we are working harder to keep you informed and up to date on our new products. We started the "Big Gulp" thread in an effort to do just that.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #9
Roto-fab 1

Here is a view of the Big Gulp with the fenderwell in place and the tire off. (we will have molded-in inserts to secure the components where you see the two stock mounting holes in the stock inner fender)

Old 11-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #10
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 18 ZLE,14 2ssrs,96,73 RS LT,69&67
IF you guys need a zl1 for beta testing mine will be in Phoenix next saturday
Old 11-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #11
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure! Thanks for the updates!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #12
ZL1 Brian

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Do you have any Dyno numbers to say how much more HP you will get by using this?
ZL1 Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #13
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69NMYSS View Post
I gotta say, you guys are pretty amazing. This product was obvioulsy developed for a very small niche market, yet you guys have spent the time, money, and R&D to develop such a unique product. Hats off to you, I was already impressed with your CAI. Also, big thanks to Jannetty Racing for testing these products in addition to other products. Between you two, you have provided a LOT of information that we ZL1 owners would not have otherwise had. With your development, and Ted from JRE testing your products along with other "no-tune" products, we consumers are well equipped to choose from many options backed by real world testing/results. Hats off to both Roto-Fab and Jannetty Racing (JRE)

http://www.jreperformanceparts.com/

http://roto-fab.com/
Thank you very much for the kind words. We've been working very hard on the ZL1 project and we are far from done!
Old 11-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #14
tsnow

Drives: 12' ZL1, AGM 6M
This should be a great product, as you lose the brake duct altogether with currently available "race" intake scoops pulling air from the lower grille.
The adjustability and no mod install is awesome!

Where does the new washer reservior end up? Pics?
I have an intake and your intercooler reservior now. Need another option for small washer fluid mounting.
tsnow is offline   Reply With Quote