Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-11-2010, 07:37 AM   #3571
paul2010

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1278
Speed looks like a blast! That is the only thing that I haven't done yet with my camaro. I don't know about any of you but my rear tires are already shot! Monday my camaro is scheduled to get open heart surgery. We are going to soup her up some.
2012 ZL1 #1278

2010 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
2011 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
paul2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:53 AM   #3572
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2010 View Post
Speed looks like a blast! That is the only thing that I haven't done yet with my camaro. I don't know about any of you but my rear tires are already shot! Monday my camaro is scheduled to get open heart surgery. We are going to soup her up some.
I can't wait to see what you are going to get out of that beast - simply awesome!!!

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:20 AM   #3573
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2010 View Post
What does the Lingenfelter ER modding team have up their sleeve?

"We are going to soup her up some" Poor Paul - the low HP guy with no mods

..... better have them diagnose why the tires aren't lasting!
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:38 AM   #3574
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
If anyone of you are near the Great White North, I've got a group of guys going to Mosport Race Track on June 22nd. It's near Oshawa Ontario, birthplace of the Camaro!!!
stratman2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #3575
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
What does the Lingenfelter ER modding team have up their sleeve?

"We are going to soup her up some" Poor Paul - the low HP guy with no mods

..... better have them diagnose why the tires aren't lasting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman2SSRS View Post
If anyone of you are near the Great White North, I've got a group of guys going to Mosport Race Track on June 22nd. It's near Oshawa Ontario, birthplace of the Camaro!!!
Make sure you post some pics from the event and I am sure you will have some fun

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #3576
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Speed74SS are you using a catch can?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #3577
itsorange

Drives: 2010 CamaroSS2
probably a dumb question but I am still learning about SCs... how much boost does LPE usually put in their builds? Or does it differ from package to package? Or is it different each build they do?

I am particularly interested in the LPE650 kit.

thanks,
Joey
itsorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #3578
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsorange View Post
probably a dumb question but I am still learning about SCs... how much boost does LPE usually put in their builds? Or does it differ from package to package? Or is it different each build they do?

thanks,
Joey
Usually 6.5 - 8 lbs. LPE likes to make their builds conservative so they stay together. They will work with you if you want to go outside the box and have more boost.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #3579
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
I know on my fronts with the Pedders they could not use the rubber bushing on top of the spring, but with the pre load I dont think it will be an issue. The Pfadt camber plates are a cool accessory, adjustability and look 100 times better than stock, also allow for staight movement along the arc of travel via bearing.
Hey Mike,
can you post a picture of what the camber plates look like installed?

I need to get more negative camber... I need around 3 deg. negative camber.

Elongating holes is a no-no for the club that does timed track events in my area. I can probably get away with the caster eccentrics from pedders - not sure if I could get away with modifying the shock holes the same way.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:42 PM   #3580
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Hey Mike,

Elongating holes is a no-no for the club that does timed track events in my area. I can probably get away with the caster eccentrics from pedders - not sure if I could get away with modifying the shock holes the same way.
I'm on it buddy, I just want to wash it up as it has install grime all over it. I will try to get some nice shots tomorrow. They do look a lot better than the upside down pucks I call the stock mounts. Nice thing is you only need to jack up the corner loosen a few allen head bolts and tilt away.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:34 AM   #3581
Blue70SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Hey Mike,

Mike, post your pics too, with full car shots - Never too many pics! I'll post up with lowered stance maybe next week
.... I have been working on this today. Fronts done, rear cradle in pieces to have more bushings pressed out while installing rear coilovers. Alignment scheduled for Monday afternoon. Swaybar endlinks disconnected until ride hieght finalized. Scratched the camber kit already with wrench
(really need a 22mm dogbone wrench or deep box end wrench)
Attached Images

LPE Brotherhood
Old 06-12-2010, 01:54 AM   #3582
Blue70SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Speed74SS are you using a catch can?
Definitely doing one here! Leaning towards Elite Engineering in silver - but would really like a polished one. Looks like I'll have to mount differently with a couple of options. The stud they used is taken by my 10/14 rib pully system plate. Found oil in my CAI tube, and had an Albuquerque club member blow oil all over when his PCV tube fell off due to a broken clip. He was still NA, but at a no pass road course getting instruction.

Did you install one? If so, which brand?

LPE Brotherhood
Old 06-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #3583
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsorange View Post

thanks,
Joey
We have the 650 package and our boost is set at 9-9.8, but we are at higher altitude also. 6000ft. This is about the max for our pulley. On the 650 package this level is safe because of the forged internals.

Wow Speed, I love those track pictures, especially the one with the corvette and mustang

Blue and MWS, those coilovers sure do look cool. Need more pics MWS.

Stratman I bet you have a blast! Wish we were closer.

C'mon Paul, here we go again with the secret modding. We need details!
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:59 AM   #3584
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
Definitely doing one here! Leaning towards Elite Engineering in silver - but would really like a polished one. Looks like I'll have to mount differently with a couple of options. The stud they used is taken by my 10/14 rib pully system plate. Found oil in my CAI tube, and had an Albuquerque club member blow oil all over when his PCV tube fell off due to a broken clip. He was still NA, but at a no pass road course getting instruction.

Did you install one? If so, which brand?
We used a Greddy import can because it was huge. The LS3 builds oil from G loads in hard turns. The better the driver, consider a driver who doesn't hit the highest peak G loads but holds a sustained high G load for a longer time, fills the tank in 5 or 6 laps. We did testing at Gingerman on Wednesday with our new Supercar Coilovers and after one six lap session had crankcase oil blowing out the vent on the catch can. Dry sumping helps, but does not eliminate the problem.

We also were testing a Saleen S281 -- yeah I know WRONG FORUM Everyone told us that the Ford's didn't need a catch can. We installed one any way. It is a smaller billet style and we filled it in 3 laps.

We are looking at plumbing a secondary catch can on both vehicles. We also highly recommend that anyone pulling road course time use a premium synthetic oil. The LS series builds oil on top and starve for oil on the bottom in road course use. Add a 2 1/2 quart oil cooler with -12 lines to increase capacity and lower oil temps too.

The better you become at hustling your Camaro around the road course the worse the oiling problems become. Too put this in perspective, our driver on Wednesday raced a CTS-V for several years. It was a fully caged, lightened, balanced and blue printed engine, Penske racing coilovers and full slicks. A CTS-V production car holds the record at the Nurburing as the FASEST PRODUCTION CAR to run the Ring. We have the Camaro running more than 1 second faster than his race car. Same track. Same Driver. Same oil problem...

We are placing ridiculous loads on the Camaro. My guess is a street driven LPE does not need a catch can. A road course driven LPE may need two. I'll let you know if we make any changes to our system. Right now it is just a big catch can with a valve and drain hose at the bottom.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote