Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #1
MISTA 618

Drives: Dodge magnum
Thumbs down The Camaro will NOT DO GOOD

Hey everybody I just wanted to know how big the Camaro is going to be when it comes out is it going to be wider or longer then mustang because the Mustang is the ideal size for the perfect muscle car a muscle car is supposed to be Big, Fast and Aggressive looking and the Challenger and Mustang are all of those things muscle car enthusiasts are not checking for a tiny car they need to make the camaro a tad bit larger maybe even larger than the concept im starting to think all of you guys are just in it for the performance and not the looks and the styling of the car dont get me wrong performance matters just as much as looks but you guys have to think about magazines such as "DUB" and "RIDES" the only kind of cars you see sporting the latest rims are the big cars cars and when the Challenger officially hits the streets the cars is going to be on every DAMN rim advertisement when the Camaro is in the dealerships its going to be the little brother of the Challenger and the Mustang and if you really truly think about it camaros have really never been fast its always been about the Hemi and think about the (Corvette vs Viper) the 600 horsepower Viper would leave the Z06 in the dust
dont get me wrong i love the camaro and its history but just look at what happened to the 4th gen CAMARO BETTER STEP UP

Last edited by MISTA 618; 07-06-2008 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Camaro
Old 07-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #2
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
For comparison...

I have a hard time telling from that picture, but others seem to calculate/describe it as rather smaller than I had hoped. Maybe at least if it's small it will be light.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
Old 07-06-2008, 03:22 PM   #3
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
There is also a pic of the camaro next to a Dodge Avenger too but i dont have it saved.
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #4
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
There will not be hideaway headlights... unforunately.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #5
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
I got the pic of the Camaro near the Avenger. Guess it pays to save everything.
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #6
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'm thoroughly impressed by how small it appears. This will be great for weight and maneuverability.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 07-06-2008, 07:49 PM   #7
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
If it's as small as it looks there, it has no excuse to weigh 3800 pounds. A car that size could reasonably be closer to 3200, except we know the platform is pretty heavy, really made for a larger car.

The 2008 Avenger base model is 3355 pounds. The Camaro looks like it could wear the Avenger's sheet metal as a costume (with the possible exception of width), without removing its own sheet metal, with space to spare. Therefore, if built like a cheezy Dodge, it would weigh 3000 to 3100. Figure in GM quality, extra structural rigidity for handling and the future convertible model, a little extra weight for RWD, and extra weight for a larger engine, and maybe the V6 will still be south of 3500?
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
Old 07-06-2008, 09:46 PM   #8
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Drives: nothing now
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA 618 View Post
Hey everybody I just wanted to know how big the Camaro is going to be when it comes out is it going to be wider or longer then mustang because the Mustang is the ideal size for the perfect muscle car a muscle car is supposed to be Big, Fast and Aggressive looking and the Challenger and Mustang are all of those things muscle car enthusiasts are not checking for a tiny car they need to make the camaro a tad bit larger maybe even larger than the concept im starting to think all of you guys are just in it for the performance and not the looks and the styling of the car dont get me wrong performance matters just as much as looks but you guys have to think about magazines such as "DUB" and "RIDES" the only kind of cars you see sporting the latest rims are the big cars cars and when the Challenger officially hits the streets the cars is going to be on every DAMN rim advertisement when the Camaro is in the dealerships its going to be the little brother of the Challenger and the Mustang and if you really truly think about it camaros have really never been fast its always been about the Hemi and think about the (Corvette vs Viper) the 600 horsepower Viper would leave the Z06 in the dust
dont get me wrong i love the camaro and its history but just look at what happened to the 4th gen CAMARO BETTER STEP UP
Please do not buy the new Camaro and ghettofy it. Now, please learn english and how to use punctuation. The above post is the longest sentence I have ever tried to read. Next, the Camaros have never been fast? You have been living under a rock since 1960, admit it.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:47 PM   #9
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight View Post
As referenced in a recent thread, I am creating a post that will list what we know as absolute GM confirmed fact about the Camaro. This will serve as a simple tool for new users who want a quick one-stop shop for Camaro details.

GENERAL FACTS:
  • The Pontiac Firebird will not be returning. It's all Camaro all the way from now on
  • Coupe: L x W x H = 186.2 x 79.1 x 53.47 (inches)
  • Coupe: Wheelbase = 112.47 inches
  • It will be available first as a coupe, A convertible version will follow 6-12 months later
  • Key Start (no push-button - possibly an option)
  • Production will begin October '08 in Oshawa, Ontario
  • It will be officially a 2010 model, but the Coupe will be available for purchase in 1st quarter '09
  • "Choice of either a small block V8 or V6 engine"
  • There will be a choice of 6 speed manual or automatic transmissions
  • The engine options will not include LS7 or LS2
  • "The new Camaro Coupe will have a B-pillar. BUT - it isn't noticeable from the outside"
  • Rear quarter windows will be stationary (they will not roll down).
  • The Camaro will feature Strut-type front suspension with double ball joint lower control arms
  • The Camaro will feature a Multi-Link Independent Rear suspension (4 link)
  • The Camaro will NOT be offered (standard) with the 21"/22" Wheels seen on the concept
  • The side mirrors will be slightly larger than those seen on the concept
  • The rear-view mirror will be attached to the windshield, not the roof as seen on the concept
  • There will be 4 seats
  • The Camaro will be Rear wheel drive
  • The door handles will be redesigned to be "more user-friendly"
  • The inverted Mohawk as seen on the concept will remain on the roof of the car
  • The Camaro will have its gas cap located on the side of the rear quarter panel, on the passenger's side
  • The Camaro will feature a 5.1 surround sound system (at least as an option)
  • At least one V8 option will feature a 6 liter 400+ HP engine
  • At least one V6 option will feature a 3.6 liter 300+ HP engine
  • The Camaro will feature Automatic Fuel Management (AFM)
  • An SS version of the new Camaro will be offered.
  • First sight of the production Camaro will make you either (a)wet your pants, (b)bleed from various bodily orifices, or (c)cry like a little girl.

CONFIRMED COLORS:
  • Victory Red

Please feel free to reply with your own additions/corrections and I will add them to this list. Check back often as this post will be updated every time we get a new piece of confirmed information.
It's the bolded red.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:58 PM   #10
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Dodge fanboys. gotta love em.

Quote:
It's all about the hemi
I'd be suprised if you could tell me why the hemi is supposedely better than a engine of the same trim from Ford of Chevy. Please tell me Mista 618.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:07 PM   #11
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
but you guys have to think about magazines such as "DUB" and "RIDES" the only kind of cars you see sporting the latest rims are the big cars cars and
its a shame you only read those magazines. if all you want to do is throw 30" rims on there, be my guest. i think larger rims can be done tastefully, but theres a limit to how large you can go before it looks stupid. especially when you see every broke down pos on the road with rims that cost more than the damn car. "but hey, man... im rollin on dubs"

Quote:
when the Challenger officially hits the streets the cars is going to be on every DAMN rim advertisement
when the challenger hits the streets? its already on the streets.

Quote:
if you really truly think about it camaros have really never been fast
come take a ride in mine. any of them. granted if you drive a v-6 or throw huge ass rims on it and **** up the unsprung weight of the car, yeah, it will have a hard time being fast.

Quote:
its always been about the Hemi and think about the (Corvette vs Viper) the 600 horsepower Viper would leave the Z06 in the dust
the hemi is an overrated motor. hey, i bet you didnt know that ford made a hemi....it was a 4-banger. and on that, everyone who hears "hemi" and gets a hard-on is a ****ing r-tard. I'd take a 440 six-pack over a 426 hemi any day of the week. the 600 hp viper is an overweight, overpriced junkbox. the only viper that has put down a z06 was the hennesy viper, pushing 1100hp and the only reason it got over the z06 was cus they had a loss of oil pressure on the blower and didnt complete the second 2 runs
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:23 PM   #12
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
its a shame you only read those magazines. if all you want to do is throw 30" rims on there, be my guest. i think larger rims can be done tastefully, but theres a limit to how large you can go before it looks stupid. especially when you see every broke down pos on the road with rims that cost more than the damn car. "but hey, man... im rollin on dubs"

when the challenger hits the streets? its already on the streets.

come take a ride in mine. any of them. granted if you drive a v-6 or throw huge ass rims on it and **** up the unsprung weight of the car, yeah, it will have a hard time being fast.

the hemi is an overrated motor. hey, i bet you didnt know that ford made a hemi....it was a 4-banger. and on that, everyone who hears "hemi" and gets a hard-on is a ****ing r-tard. I'd take a 440 six-pack over a 426 hemi any day of the week. the 600 hp viper is an overweight, overpriced junkbox. the only viper that has put down a z06 was the hennesy viper, pushing 1100hp and the only reason it got over the z06 was cus they had a loss of oil pressure on the blower and didnt complete the second 2 runs
Old 07-06-2008, 10:24 PM   #13
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
:troll: I believe mista is a troll.....
Old 07-06-2008, 10:46 PM   #14
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA 618 View Post
Hey everybody I just wanted to know how big the Camaro is going to be when it comes out is it going to be wider or longer then 1. mustang because the Mustang is the ideal size for the perfect muscle car a muscle car is supposed to be Big, 2. Fast and Aggressive looking and the Challenger and Mustang are all of those things muscle car enthusiasts are not checking for a tiny car they need to make the camaro a tad bit larger maybe even larger than the concept im starting to think all of 3. you guysare just in it for the performance and not the looks and the styling of the car dont get me wrong performance matters just as much as looks but you guys have to think about magazines such as "DUB" and "RIDES" the only kind of cars you see sporting the latest rims are the big cars cars and when the Challenger officially hits the streets the cars is going to be on every DAMN rim advertisement 4. when the Camaro is in the dealerships its going to be the little brother of the Challenger and the Mustang and if you really truly think about it camaros have really never been fast its always been about the Hemi and 5.think about the (Corvette vs Viper) the 600 horsepower Viper would leave the Z06 in the dust
Mk i'm gonna nit pick at ya for a sec...

1.there's problem one "mustang" every chick at my highschool wants one awesome i guess if you wanted a car lat looks like a sad sap rather then something that looks badass pissed off that can get beat by a 2.4l cobalt (2000 v6) and if you say "well the v8 one will eat you up" remember i'm stock and spent under 20k hell... under 17k so stfu

2. fast and agressive... what 500 hp supercharged (speculated) FROM THE COMPANY THAT MAKES THE CAR is not fast enough for you??? then qft cause i'm sure you don't have something over 450...

3. i'm just wondering how you know who any of us are exactly? you walk in and act like you know who we are and diss on our car... thats disrespectful

4.little brother huh... hmm... all i can say to that is line em up cause the camaro will sell like hot cakes EVERYONE ONE will want one and some or most will get them only because of having trouble to find them because they sell so fast and "little brother isn't always bad just cause he isn't some lard ass or a emo looking pos

5. that is off topic btw and just because you brought it up i'm gonna fight it the z06 is FAST the only reason they upped the hp on the viper was because of it so... i have EXTREMELY BAD news for ya its called the ZR1 yup... 620 hp baby and isn't some HUGE lard a$$ pos
Closed Thread