Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-23-2016, 04:10 PM   #1
G6SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Farewell my friends. My crashed car experience/details

Farewell guys. I had been in an accident in my 5 month old camaro 1SS. I love it more than any car I have ever owned. I was not at fault in the accident and the other insurance took care of the damages to the car. 15k was the final repair bill after a front end hit with frame damage and the works. After getting the car back it drove HORRIBLY sounded like my door was open while driving and just didn't feel the same. I was really hoping it would be totaled.

I decided at this point I needed to sell it before it was worth nothing and took it to carmax and received an offer for 23000 and they told me it couldn't even be sold on their lot due to the type of damages reported on carfax, it would need to be sold at auction. After freaking out I called the insurance company and demanded diminished value and in a few hours got a call back with an offer of 6,175$. I didn't even hesitate to negotiate as this was more than fair considering the market value and they said they gave me nada high side value for it. I also received a check for 1,500$ for loss of use of my car. At this point I knew getting into another camaro would mean a higher payment so I told myself I just want a regular car and went to Audi and leased an A3. Audi gave me 26,000$ for the car and I ended up almost even and insurance still has to pay my pain and suffering. Overall not what I would have wanted but I love this forum and love the camaro!

Last edited by G6SS; 12-23-2016 at 04:21 PM.
G6SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 04:34 PM   #2
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
I'm not bashing your decision. But, why didn't you try to find a lightly used Camaro. Resale values aren't looking too good.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:39 PM   #3
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
sounds..... complicated... finance wise sounds like you were a bit over your head with the 1SS ... yet you leased a luxury brand after... someone run a red light on you to get non fault front end damage?
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 04:44 PM   #4
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by G6SS View Post
Farewell guys. I had been in an accident in my 5 month old camaro 1SS. I love it more than any car I have ever owned. I was not at fault in the accident and the other insurance took care of the damages to the car. 15k was the final repair bill after a front end hit with frame damage and the works. After getting the car back it drove HORRIBLY sounded like my door was open while driving and just didn't feel the same. I was really hoping it would be totaled.

I decided at this point I needed to sell it before it was worth nothing and took it to carmax and received an offer for 23000 and they told me it couldn't even be sold on their lot due to the type of damages reported on carfax, it would need to be sold at auction. After freaking out I called the insurance company and demanded diminished value and in a few hours got a call back with an offer of 6,175$. I didn't even hesitate to negotiate as this was more than fair considering the market value and they said they gave me nada high side value for it. I also received a check for 1,500$ for loss of use of my car. At this point I knew getting into another camaro would mean a higher payment so I told myself I just want a regular car and went to Audi and leased an A3. Audi gave me 26,000$ for the car and I ended up almost even and insurance still has to pay my pain and suffering. Overall not what I would have wanted but I love this forum and love the camaro!
Why not demand that the car be fixed perfectly or have totaled? Its up to the insur. company may sure its in perfect working order before the case is closed. Did you sign it off as closed?
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 07:41 PM   #5
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Glad it worked out ok in the end for you. Hopefully you took a check for your car and didn't put any money down on the lease. If your lease gets totaled next week, all that down payment money just disappear unlike a purchase.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 09:31 PM   #6
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Glad it worked out ok in the end for you. Hopefully you took a check for your car and didn't put any money down on the lease. If your lease gets totaled next week, all that down payment money just disappear unlike a purchase.
Exactly, the same reason i only pay the tags, license, fees ect. and put no money down on all my leases including my Camaro. I rather have a higher lease payment then lay all the out of pocket and then get into accident to loose out that money.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 11:11 PM   #7
G6SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
I never ever put any money on a lease. Roll all the fees and taxes into it.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:15 PM   #8
G6SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa406079 View Post
sounds..... complicated... finance wise sounds like you were a bit over your head with the 1SS ... yet you leased a luxury brand after... someone run a red light on you to get non fault front end damage?
I mean I was paying 580$ a month for the 1SS. I was also living at home and had minimal expenses while paying for it. I moved out since then and although I'm not broke after getting paid its a relief to be saving 220+ a month on a car loan, 100+ a month in gas, and 75 less for insurance.

The guy was leaving a parking lot and tried to run through 4 lanes of traffic to get on other side of the road. I hit his driver side door
Old 12-23-2016, 11:18 PM   #9
G6SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
Why not demand that the car be fixed perfectly or have totaled? Its up to the insur. company may sure its in perfect working order before the case is closed. Did you sign it off as closed?
Honestly I have been through these headaches with crashes vehicles and my point is they will never drive the same no matter how well repaired. The car had frame damage, air bags went off, immense frontal damage and a scary carfax. Next year it would have been worth 15-18k and me upside. It made sense to get out of it while I could without losing a penny.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:38 PM   #10
JR91

Drives: Camaro 1SS
Sorry to hear that. There is a big difference in power between the Camaro SS and the Audi A3. Are you missing the power and sound of the V8 engine or does the Audi A3 beat the Camaro in other areas that caused you to choose that vehicle to replace it?
JR91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 11:46 PM   #11
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Sorry about what happened to you brother.. who knows, in the future we might see you in another Camaro, etc.

A3 is a completely different car but it might be a good move for you as of now since you save a lot of money from the Camaro. After that lease is over, I'll see you here in 3 years.

I know for myself I would go nuts not having that torque and power of the SS
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 06:56 AM   #12
G6SS

The A3 does not compare to the camaro in anyway. The only thing I would say it beats the camaro is it has 4 doors. I did not want to finance another brand new car and Chevy dealers were low balling my trade in. I miss the power a lot and after this lease is up I will be back! I was between the a3, a4, Lexus is200, and Infiniti Q50. These cars just lease relatively cheaply for the price they are.
Old 12-24-2016, 07:42 AM   #13
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Man I'm really sorry to hear that. Good luck with your audi
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 12:25 PM   #14
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Holy crap!!!! 15k in damage and they decided to fix it?!?! I would have thought it would be totaled. That sucks.
Good luck with your new car.