Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-15-2019, 08:35 AM   #43
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
The SS owners are already hating on it hard.

Proof that it's better looking than the SS
No hate ..I think it's good there is a variety..better looking..? Depends on the eye of beholder.
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:49 AM   #44
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
The SS owners are already hating on it hard.

Proof that it's better looking than the SS
No hate, I think the LT1 looks good. I hope it improves sales for 2020. We all need to hope the changes are better for the Camaro, I want to see a GEN7

Old 07-15-2019, 09:48 AM   #45
orange devil
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
No hate, I think the LT1 looks good. I hope it improves sales for 2020. We all need to hope the changes are better for the Camaro, I want to see a GEN7

I agree ..any Camaro sales are a good thing ..I hope Thes beautiful cars continue
Old 07-15-2019, 12:10 PM   #46
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
The LT1 is a good thing. I like what it offers for the price. But I think those hoping it will result in a noticeable uptick in sales are dreaming.

The V8 Camaro in any form is not the largest chunk of sales for the car. We need more people wanting to buy other trims of Camaro.

Hindsight is 20/20, but the LT1 should have been an option right from the first year of the 6th gen. Sticker shock for the V8 would have been much easier to stomach, and it would have resulted in more sales over the years. Enough to make a difference? Nobody knows.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:12 PM   #47
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Here's the problem to the enthusiast we can tell all of them apart in an instant. The general public has no idea which is what. To them they are all the same. So none of that will move the sales needle.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:11 PM   #48
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
No hate ..I think it's good there is a variety..better looking..? Depends on the eye of beholder.
This^^^^^ and I prefer the '19 frontend personally but I don't hate any of the 6thgen Camaro front ends. Hate is a strong word, I may not care as much for certain details design wise but I will never hate on any Camaro.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:34 PM   #49
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Looks nice
Attached Images

Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:59 PM   #50
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

GM needs to address the lack of any type of targeted advertisement but more importantly we need a street fighter model in the high horsepower arena to say we have a pony in this fight who's badder than yours but doesn't necessarily have to be called a ZL1 or Z/28.

A COPO model for the street would be a bad ass limited model run of cars with of course the LT5 engine installed plus some additional performance tweaks to be single mindedly focused at the Demon/Red Eye crowd one 1/4 mile at a time. Heck call it a Yenko if you need a different name.

The Challenger sells more due to ads plus they target the historically obvious performance street crowd plus their various play on models offered for the guy who's leaning towards drag racing on test and tune/open track nights at the local drag strip is the one area we need to cover more effectively. You rule the streets and you will rule the hearts and minds plus wallets of the collective.

WE NEED THE DRAG PACK as an option from GM/Chevy from the factory especially on the LT1 model just as we have the 1LE's as an option for the autocross/road course guys on every model of Camaro offered except the convertible.

We have at least 3 or 4 years left on this Alpha chassis before we migrate to the newer chassis in the grand river plant so lest's make it happen sooner rather than later.

Sorry for the rant.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:12 PM   #51
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
GM needs to address the lack of any type of targeted advertisement but more importantly we need a street fighter model in the high horsepower arena to say we have a pony in this fight who's badder than yours but doesn't necessarily have to be called a ZL1 or Z/28.

A COPO model for the street would be a bad ass limited model run of cars with of course the LT5 engine installed plus some additional performance tweaks to be single mindedly focused at the Demon/Red Eye crowd one 1/4 mile at a time. Heck call it a Yenko if you need a different name.
They have a "Yenko" version coming out. Only 50 1000 hp cars thru SVE. They're supposed to be MSRP of $69K. You know they are going to get marked up though....

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/11/...-chevy-camaro/

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
WE NEED THE DRAG PACK as an option from GM/Chevy from the factory especially on the LT1 model
THIS IS TRUTH.

66#'s lighter than the 1SS ain't gonna cut it. I doubt chevy is going to bump up the ponies n the LT1-1LT model.

Ideally, it needs to be lighter and, preferably more HP (500), at about the same price.
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:30 PM   #52
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Hindsight is 20/20, but the LT1 should have been an option right from the first year of the 6th gen. Sticker shock for the V8 would have been much easier to stomach, and it would have resulted in more sales over the years. Enough to make a difference? Nobody knows.

Maybe, but giving all v8's + 1le's the on track endurance really built a great reputation for the 6th gen. People complain of lack of advertising, but all the reviews where they beat on this car without overheating really spoke loud.

I further wonder, if from the get go, the SS was more limited in number vs a LT1, the SS would then be too expensive.

Last edited by Hops; 07-15-2019 at 07:49 PM. Reason: adding more
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:41 PM   #53
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
They have a "Yenko" version coming out. Only 50 1000 hp cars thru SVE. They're supposed to be MSRP of $69K. You know they are going to get marked up though....

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/11/...-chevy-camaro/

We can buy the rights to Yenko name if need be just as we did with the ZL1 name before it was re-introduced by GM/Chevy.

Ideally, it needs to be lighter and, preferably more HP (500), at about the same price.

I agree^^^ especially on the entry drag pack model would target the 1320 models from the Dodge boys but the limited run 800 plus hp model would take on the Demon/Red Eye would use a version of the LT5 engine but in higher tune version. We can still offer the 755 hp version of the LT5 as an option in the ZL1 or just make it standard as the ZL1R.

Yes
Old 07-15-2019, 07:53 PM   #54
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
Maybe, but giving all v8's + 1le's the on track endurance really built a great reputation for the 6th gen. People complain that of lack of advertising, but all the reviews where they beat on this car without overheating really spoke loud.

I further wonder, if from the get go, the SS was more limited in number vs a LT1, the SS would then be too expensive.
This is very true...but if you only want to drag race that added endurance comes with additional weight and if you have limited finance to begin with the higher price point keeps more people from buying into the V8 Camaro in general.

I don't want GM/Chevy offering ridiculous rebates to drive sales like Dodge does but we need something to help spur sales minus driving resale residuals down.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:02 PM   #55
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
The 2020 is miles ahead of the 2019 but in all honesty. I wouldn't buy any of them other than the ZL1. Still can't handle the botched face lift.
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:15 PM   #56
orange devil
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
The 2020 is miles ahead of the 2019 but in all honesty. I wouldn't buy any of them other than the ZL1. Still can't handle the botched face lift.
Yeah ...and the 19 is Miles ahead of the 16 17 18..see where this is going ?? Stop the negativity it not helping anything .