Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-16-2019, 10:53 PM   #1
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
After Ceramic Pro - Maintenance and Car Washing

Soooo there are a lot of should I do Ceramic Coatings or how much did you pay etc. but not much on how to maintain things afterwards.

The shop (Automotive Apparel, Tomball Tx) that did mine, said no more detail sprays or anything with polishes or wax. Since they know I use a lot of Adams Products they suggested the Waterless wash which sounded great until I see their "new" formula added some shine stuff to it.

What should I be using now? I have plenty of Adams shampoo and probably going to invest in a blow dryer for the heavy washing but thinking more about those touch ups where I would normally pull out the detail spray.

Guess I could read the manual but you guys know best and maybe Adams can chime in and give me some direction.

...and I'll take some better pics and replace these once I get it out of the garage. The shine is killer and I don't want to mess it up.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 743
Size:  60.3 KB
Old 08-17-2019, 03:34 AM   #2
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Adams has a whole line now of ceramic products.
They don't reccomend using there usual 'detail spray' on ceramic coatings because it's carnuba based and would affect the ceramics hydrophobic properties.
However they have a product to use instead, called 'ceramic boost'.

they also have a ceramic version of 'waterless wash' for use on ceramics.

Look into ther 'ceramic' line of products now.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 09:33 AM   #3
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Adams has a whole line now of ceramic products.
They don't reccomend using there usual 'detail spray' on ceramic coatings because it's carnuba based and would affect the ceramics hydrophobic properties.
However they have a product to use instead, called 'ceramic boost'.

they also have a ceramic version of 'waterless wash' for use on ceramics.

Look into ther 'ceramic' line of products now.
Thanks for the heads up on the Ceramic boost and Waterless wash for ceramics.

Adams has an awesome website which is one reason I go there, but neither of these on their menu lists. Did a word search on the names you provided and they popped right up.

Not sure I need any Boost since mine was just done and this is also for their product and I have Ceramic Pro.

But I'm thinking the Waterless Wash is the way to go over the regular one.
Old 08-17-2019, 10:14 AM   #4
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the Ceramic boost and Waterless wash for ceramics.

Adams has an awesome website which is one reason I go there, but neither of these on their menu lists. Did a word search on the names you provided and they popped right up.

Not sure I need any Boost since mine was just done and this is also for their product and I have Ceramic Pro.

But I'm thinking the Waterless Wash is the way to go over the regular one.
Our Ceramic Boost used every couple months will make your Coating last longer. And our Waterless Ceramic Wash would be a great (SI02) product to maintain and to keep your paint dust free and wiped down.
Hope this helps & Thanks for using our products.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:17 AM   #5
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes View Post
Our Ceramic Boost used every couple months will make your Coating last longer. And our Waterless Ceramic Wash would be a great (SI02) product to maintain and to keep your paint dust free and wiped down.
Thanks... just wasn't sure about the SiO2 and a different product Ceramic Pro. Already made my order last night for the regular waterless wash, blower and other stuff so will circle back and get some of the Waterless Ceramic.

Old 08-17-2019, 06:34 PM   #6
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes View Post
Question. Is your new Ceramic wash & coat comparable to your shampoo or is closer to H2O guard & gloss ??
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:54 AM   #7
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I do not recommend that you use waterless washing methods. You will put swirls on your car doing that. You want to use the RINSELESS method to wash your car.

If you decide to do waterless, MAKE SURE that you are “rolling” the towel as you go with a clean side of the towel.

It is better to leave it dusty until you can wash it correctly than it is to use waterless or detail spray.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 04:15 PM   #8
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
I do not recommend that you use waterless washing methods. You will put swirls on your car doing that. You want to use the RINSELESS method to wash your car.

If you decide to do waterless, MAKE SURE that you are “rolling” the towel as you go with a clean side of the towel.

It is better to leave it dusty until you can wash it correctly than it is to use waterless or detail spray.
I'm only using waterless as a substitute for detail spray to eliminate any wax.

I purchased a nice blower from Adams and will use that for drying. Also got a foam gun for the soap down. Car is still clean so haven't tried the new stuff yet. My detail guys will do the 1st wash as part of the deal so they can double check the coating.

I still need to post some pics. This thing shines like crazy and has zero swirls now.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:16 PM   #9
Ravis22

Drives: Hyper blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I'm only using waterless as a substitute for detail spray to eliminate any wax.

I purchased a nice blower from Adams and will use that for drying. Also got a foam gun for the soap down. Car is still clean so haven't tried the new stuff yet. My detail guys will do the 1st wash as part of the deal so they can double check the coating.

I still need to post some pics. This thing shines like crazy and has zero swirls now.
Hi mlee, i actually just posted on another (old) thread that you had posted on about service in the north Houston area and came across this thread. I just moved to this area and am looking to get ceramic coating, PPF and some vinyl wrapping. Was looking up different shops and came across Automotive Apparel. Sounds like so far you are pleased with the work they did?
Ravis22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 07:46 AM   #10
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravis22 View Post
Hi mlee, i actually just posted on another (old) thread that you had posted on about service in the north Houston area and came across this thread. I just moved to this area and am looking to get ceramic coating, PPF and some vinyl wrapping. Was looking up different shops and came across Automotive Apparel. Sounds like so far you are pleased with the work they did?
Yes, they are definitely the place to go...

...right down 99 from you and they are by far the best for PPF on our cars.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:28 AM   #11
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
I use only waterless wash on my cars and have turned several others onto the practice. I haven’t washed my camaro or my wife’s camaro in 4 years and is still perfect with no swirls. The key to using a waterless wash is to do an initial wipe down with a high quality 800gsm micro fiber clothe then a nice buff and shine using the waterless wash with 360-420gsm micro fiber clothe. Our cars have been ceramic coated for 2 years now. I use only Adams and Blackfire products. I use the blackfire waterless wash concentrate and mix only 1 gallon at a time using purified water. On long trips I use a detailing spray to give a wear coat . Nothing other than polishing compounds will wear the ceramic coating.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:57 AM   #12
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Dropping mine off tonight and it's getting coated this weekend with minor paint correction to remove what damage I've done over the last 6 years. Can't wait to see it on Monday.

Now I need to get a new set of products.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 01:20 PM   #13
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
Dropping mine off tonight and it's getting coated this weekend with minor paint correction to remove what damage I've done over the last 6 years. Can't wait to see it on Monday.

Now I need to get a new set of products.
Now you need to get rid of all your old products. Not much needed after Ceramic.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:39 PM   #14
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Yeah, short term, I can use it on the other two vehicles. But I plan on having the wifes Terrain coated as well. At which point, I will have a bit of useless products.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote