Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

View Poll Results: Should I do it?
Yes, do it! 33 50.00%
No, don't to it! 30 45.45%
Not sure... 3 4.55%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2018, 10:01 PM   #15
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
I say go for it. I don't have the MRT lovers and mine cost a fraction of what they do, but I love my the look and have gotten tons of great comments since installing them.
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2018, 10:07 PM   #16
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Best mod you’ll ever do.... dunno what you’re waiting for.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:24 PM   #17
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Best mod you’ll ever do.... dunno what you’re waiting for.

Haha, love your attitude! I thought the same when I got the hood, the wheels, the headers, the catback etc. I can always take them off I guess lol.

Its what that bug does to us man....

Cheers guys! Thanks for the quick feedback kudos on the ride. It all just kinda came together. Photoshopping parts on does help make a decision... just never had a rough time deciding after doing some renders.

Yes, they are 3dCarbon and you can buy the pieces separately at Phastek I believe still. I got the rear slats before I got the side rockers... never did buy their front end.

I'm leaning one way but want to soak on it a bit more before pulling the trigger...

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:29 PM   #18
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
I say go for it. I don't have the MRT lovers and mine cost a fraction of what they do, but I love my the look and have gotten tons of great comments since installing them.

Welker2, thanks for the feedback. Those look good on your ride. The louvers seem to look good with darker toned cars quite a bit more imo. On silver tho... hmmm. You guys are right, if they look like the renders - they might work.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:47 AM   #19
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
If you get them, paint the louvers the color of the car. I think that would look really good.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:20 AM   #20
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
I think on YOUR car yes. On any stock camaro no. It flows well with the visual mods you have done
Old 08-01-2018, 12:15 AM   #21
ZRX1040

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I put a set of MRT's on about a month ago. The price is up there but I prefer the 5 blade slightly rounded look over the angular 7 layer look on most of the others. Now on a gen6 that might be a different story. I only did it for the look so the hinged aluminum old school style was worth the difference in cost. No flutter, no rattles, easily clean the rear window. Gotten quite a few compliments. I say go for it.

BTW - Just throw the instructions away. Not even close. Test fit everything before sticking anything down. I had to flip the upper pads from what was called for to let the trunk lid clear. If you pull the trigger, PM me and I'll be glad to help.

I'll see if I have a pic...
Old 08-01-2018, 07:40 AM   #22
LETHAL2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
never been a fan of louvers
2010 Camaro 2SS-Mods: Nightfury cam, CNC ported LS3 heads, CNC ported TB, Ported Intake, RX Catch Can, MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mantic 9000 Clutch, TSP 1 7/8 headers, catless NPP, BMR trailing arms, MMR Z/28 Reps 20" gloss black. SOLD

2011 Red Jewel Tintcoat 2SS-Mods: Edlebrock E Force S/C w/ 3" pulley swap,Texas Speed roller Boost Cam 227/235, 641"/649", 114 LSA, PRC Ported Heads, Ported TB,ARH 1 7/8 headers, McLeod RST twin disk 1000 hp clutch, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 620whp
LETHAL2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:37 PM   #23
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Voted yes but I changed my mind.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:52 PM   #24
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
Voted yes but I changed my mind.

JLSuperfly, What made you change your mind? See, this is what I'm worried about... dropping half a g for something I'm on the fence on....... some days I'm like, man I'm going to do it... other days I'm like, no... save that money and do something else.

ZRX1040 - I'd really appreciate a set of fresh pictures if you can accommodate. Some close ups, some far back. Thank you.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:59 PM   #25
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
JLSuperfly, What made you change your mind? See, this is what I'm worried about... dropping half a g for something I'm on the fence on....... some days I'm like, man I'm going to do it... other days I'm like, no... save that money and do something else.

ZRX1040 - I'd really appreciate a set of fresh pictures if you can accommodate. Some close ups, some far back. Thank you.

Dude, you need to yield to the lowest denominator. If at any time I wasn’t sure I liked a mod or questioned my choices, I’d skip right over it. I genuinely love everything I’ve done to my car and every single mod, aesthetic and performance without anyone else’s input. Ok, maybe my wife...but she’s a car person and has awesome taste in cars.

No BS. you’re about to be on page three of this and undecided? Time to move on to something you’re sure about and will absolutely love! No questions asked.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:12 PM   #26
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Use the half a grand to fund your IRA. Skip the blinds brother
Old 08-01-2018, 09:30 PM   #27
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Dude, you need to yield to the lowest denominator. If at any time I wasn’t sure I liked a mod or questioned my choices, I’d skip right over it. I genuinely love everything I’ve done to my car and every single mod, aesthetic and performance without anyone else’s input. Ok, maybe my wife...but she’s a car person and has awesome taste in cars.

No BS. you’re about to be on page three of this and undecided? Time to move on to something you’re sure about and will absolutely love! No questions asked.

Yeah, see, me too. I've made this car my own and love it regardless of how anyone else feels. I never start these kinds of threads because I typically make my own decisions on how to mod my car... but these seem to be a mixed bag, on my ride - most importantly for me. The percentages are telling in how people here are voting...

I've stared down the renders over and over again and often feel like - YES!! and often feel like NO!! Its crazy man... so here I am...

I do want to upgrade the look of my car... a nice new splitter (already have one but haven't installed it yet), a nice rear diffuser (already have one but haven't installed it yet).... now some nice, expensive looking louvers that I will probably buy, then lag on installing too because - not sure lol.

I mean, I don't mod my car because I want others to think it looks good. I mod my car because its what I want do to, and what I think looks good. That others think so too is really cool and humbling tbh... and you folks do have great taste. And of course, all of us can be undecided about something only to be 'assisted' by others - then when it goes on you're so very glad it went in. It happens to all of us at some point in our lives I'm sure...

So, because I think you guys have great taste, I'd like your feedback on something I'm undecided about. Its as simple as that... Its like you guys are my Wife... lol not in that way...

From where I am now, what I feel would be next if I passed on this would be to upgrade the internals and either add a supercharger or a turbo system. As you can see, the price jump from half a g to half 10k is quite drastic... so even if I pass on this now, it will be a while before I buckle down and spend 5k+ at once... and even before I do that, I may just wait until this engine is completely worn out - and thusly get an LS7 for it and upgrade that with a Supercharger or Turbo.

Not much else to upgrade on my car that would really make a difference in how It feels and how it looks unless I begin spending big money (for me) on it.

So, do I do this and try it out? Can always sell it if I don't like it, or hold and wait a few months/years before I upgrade more on my car?

I've got that mod bug, my man......... wait long months or years for it to be satisfied and settled? I've got to do something lol.......

Fk it... If I'm still feeling like this by the end of the week, I'm going to pull the trigger........
Old 08-02-2018, 01:42 AM   #28
ZRX1040

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Only one I have for now.