Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-01-2017, 07:08 AM   #253
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
Unless they are labeled install book 1 and 2, it's silly to have two separate books. Only adds to the confusion and risk factor. I suppose it's a classic example of you get what you pay for though.
Lol, it's silly to spend thousands of $ and not read all the instructions. If they put it all in one book the next complaint is the book is too long.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:03 AM   #254
G701LE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IBM silver stipes
I find it funny people chiming in that pay for all their work! And arguing how simple it is, and what a fool I am for making mistakes.

NO!!! IT IS MORE CONFUSING HAVING TO GO BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN DIFFERENT INSTRUCTIONS WHEN INSTALLING. That's a no brainer. Who says, wow! I wish this was split up into 3 different books. It's too long. LMAO Kraftwerks FANBOY!!!

Mods = Not enough....
G701LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:50 AM   #255
Hixson

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS L99
no skin in the game, but been following the thread so I want to chime in. What is the difference to you between a new blower through warranty or a new blower through goodwill of the companies? I worked in warranty for a construction equipment company and TBH warranty and goodwill get the customer the exact same thing, it just dictates who is paying on the back end. You wouldn't have warranty for a DIY install anyways so the warranty vs goodwill shit shouldn't matter?

Unless you're asking them to give all your money back instead of being made whole for the product you purchased. I suppose that's a totally different argument but could always receive the new blower and sell for close to 100% what you go in it now. That way your situation still sucks, but it only sucks for a small chunk of change and time.
Hixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:08 PM   #256
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hixson View Post
no skin in the game, but been following the thread so I want to chime in. What is the difference to you between a new blower through warranty or a new blower through goodwill of the companies? I worked in warranty for a construction equipment company and TBH warranty and goodwill get the customer the exact same thing, it just dictates who is paying on the back end. You wouldn't have warranty for a DIY install anyways so the warranty vs goodwill shit shouldn't matter?

Unless you're asking them to give all your money back instead of being made whole for the product you purchased. I suppose that's a totally different argument but could always receive the new blower and sell for close to 100% what you go in it now. That way your situation still sucks, but it only sucks for a small chunk of change and time.
He has had buyers remorse since he bought it. Not saying he did or didnt do the install wrong and dont think it was wrong for him to do a CC claim. I told him WHEN THE KIT WAS STILL NEW to sell it and get what he really wants.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...36#post9780836

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...74#post9793074

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...30#post9799230

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...76#post9843376
Old 11-01-2017, 12:11 PM   #257
Hixson

^^well then that's a different story I suppose. From a warranty point of view, I think the service here has been nice. They obvi don't want to lose a sale, but atleast theyre willing to make him whole again.

To the OP - I totally get it. I'm young and stretching my fun budget to play with my car too. I DIY my projects and would be pissed if I felt like I was out $$. However, without like lawyers and shit, I cant imagine this gets better than taking what they give you on this one bud. GL
Old 11-01-2017, 01:11 PM   #258
G701LE

The point of the warranty is, if it fails again, I am SOL! I don't know what is so hard to understand. But, as stated before, the supercharger WAS GETTING OIL. THEN IT WASN'T. But that's my fault??? I really would love just a replacement. Then, no harm,no foul. And everybody wins.
But degrading me and talking shit just makes me want my money back more.

The whole "broken banjo bolt" kept getting thrown in. I knew and stated that I didn't believe there was any metal in the head. But it was just assumed by the fan boys. Rotrex came back with their conclusion. And there was NO MENTION OF METAL!!! So what happens? Just so happens it is my fault anyway. The head unit was checked per instructions, getting oil. Then not getting oil.... MY FAULT????

Mods = Not enough....
Old 11-01-2017, 01:12 PM   #259
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Quote:
^^well then that's a different story I suppose. From a warranty point of view, I think the service here has been nice. They obvi don't want to lose a sale, but atleast theyre willing to make him whole again.

To the OP - I totally get it. I'm young and stretching my fun budget to play with my car too. I DIY my projects and would be pissed if I felt like I was out $$. However, without like lawyers and shit, I cant imagine this gets better than taking what they give you on this one bud. GL
Yep. I would take that free blower and run right to the classifieds. Small price to pay instead of a legal battle with a vendor.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:13 PM   #260
G701LE

On a side note.....
IF I would have known it would take around 3 months for warranty. I wouldn't have been in this situation. Just sayin'

Mods = Not enough....
Old 11-01-2017, 02:16 PM   #261
Hixson

Quote:
Originally Posted by G701LE View Post
The point of the warranty is, if it fails again, I am SOL! I don't know what is so hard to understand. But, as stated before, the supercharger WAS GETTING OIL. THEN IT WASN'T. But that's my fault??? I really would love just a replacement. Then, no harm,no foul. And everybody wins.
But degrading me and talking shit just makes me want my money back more.

The whole "broken banjo bolt" kept getting thrown in. I knew and stated that I didn't believe there was any metal in the head. But it was just assumed by the fan boys. Rotrex came back with their conclusion. And there was NO MENTION OF METAL!!! So what happens? Just so happens it is my fault anyway. The head unit was checked per instructions, getting oil. Then not getting oil.... MY FAULT????
Didn't it say somewhere that a DIY install voided warranty anyways? Again I did warranty for a very large const manufacturer, but we don't warranty anything that was not installed by us or another dealer. The shady area is parts warranty if found to be defective from factory, but that was ruled out for this failure. I would assume the new blower they would send you would include some sort of a defective parts protection?

Ive not done a build thread before, but my big takeaway here is if youre going to do a DIY install, post the build thread after you know it works lol. Soooo much easier to get things taken care of by the seller if there isn't 17 pages of notes and records of your every move during install
Old 11-01-2017, 02:53 PM   #262
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Didn't it say somewhere that a DIY install voided warranty anyways? Again I did warranty for a very large const manufacturer, but we don't warranty anything that was not installed by us or another dealer. The shady area is parts warranty if found to be defective from factory, but that was ruled out for this failure. I would assume the new blower they would send you would include some sort of a defective parts protection?

Ive not done a build thread before, but my big takeaway here is if youre going to do a DIY install, post the build thread after you know it works lol. Soooo much easier to get things taken care of by the seller if there isn't 17 pages of notes and records of your every move during install
...it’s definitely an “aw $hit” thread.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:43 PM   #263
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
Lol, it's silly to spend thousands of $ and not read all the instructions. If they put it all in one book the next complaint is the book is too long.
At least they can't say the information was split up and use the fact you didn't say which book to read first before install against you. I've never received anything that I put together that had multiple instruction books from multiple companies. Doesn't make sense to me.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:09 AM   #264
Moddiction

Drives: None
Hopefully this should all be resolved soon. He PM'd me accepting the new blower and said he cancelled the chargeback. Once funds are back we will be able to get a new blower over to OP and hopefully he'll be up and running in no time.
Moddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:13 AM   #265
Taylortoons

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Good deal. Glad to hear there is a potential resolution!
Old 11-10-2017, 09:26 AM   #266
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Good to hear! I still would update the install instructions at the point where the Supercharger needs to be primed and note the procedure is in the ‘factory’ guide — include All warning ;o)

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote