Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-23-2011, 12:25 AM   #15
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
I'll be running a 150 shortly, the LS3 can handle that all day long with timing being pulled and a window switch.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #16
b20

Drives: 2013 1LE RS 1SS
What tsp switch is everybody running on these cars
Or is everybody running progressive timers
b20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:56 AM   #17
tylerSS

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange SS 6spd
hoping graham at nitrous outlet will chime in....im looking into the same.....i want to shoot about 100 shot and want a kit that will do that as safe as possible.....meaning all necessary switches or failsafes are included in the kit

Last edited by tylerSS; 05-23-2011 at 09:11 AM.
tylerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #18
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Had nitrous on my GTO for 3 years with no issues. Time consuming install but not challenging. they say you should pull 1.5-2 degrees of timing for every 50 shot. I had my car tuned by Allan Futral in Walker La. @ Futral Motorsports which is about an hour from you.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:47 AM   #19
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Give Cold Fusion a call...

http://www.coldfusionnitrous.com/
Old 05-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #20
Graham@N

Drives: Pontiac Firebird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Looking for some feed back from yall that run nitorus. What shot yall running, ease of installation, tune info. Never had a car with nitrous and Im tossing around the idea. Any feed back would be great.
Nitrous is great power adder for a street car.

Shots can vary between 50-250 on stock motors.

Ease will vary on what type of system you want to run. As a general rule, the wiring is the only thing that really gives people problems. But good service goes a long way. Just about any nitrous user will back me on that.

Tune has a lot of option's. With only a few exceptions, the only PCM tuning is timing retard. I can get a little more in depth on that if you would like.

If you just feel like you don't know enough, give me a call. I can give you an overview of a few systems and how they would look, install, and perform on your personal car. Its much easier to get once you have a little more information than what you find online, especially when I can tailor it around your car and your driving habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
200 shot seems to much for a stock engine? lol

If you do decide to put Nitrous 75 shot would the furthest I'd go in a stock engine if I was you. thats just me.

Or go with Meth Instead I heard its alot safer than Nitrous.
200hp all day long! Its not for every car and user.

That's where having someone who is not a "Parts Slinger" to talk to. If I know you daily drive your car, I will put reliability and safety at the top of the priority list. We are not going to spray the edge of what your parts are capable of. We will make sure if the gas you get at the pump is not quite up to standards that you do not hurt parts.

Nitrous tuning is a lot like the rest of the car, if you care, it makes all the difference in the world.

Water/meth is a totally different ballgame. Nitrous is a power adder. Methanol is technically not a power adder. The gains will come from cooler IAT and possibly increasing timing. Nitrous truly adds power via huge drops in IAT and added oxygen in the cylinder.

Some setups, and almost as important, drivers would benefit from nitrous. Some water/meth. Some would put down killer ET's and number's with both. Just takes a good setup, solid parts, and lots of information and tuning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUISSD View Post
A 200 shot is fine as long as you take all the precautions, use good fuel, and have the right amount of timing pulled.

Meth won't do much of anything for you in a n/a set up.
The larger the shot, the more important the tune and having the right safety features matter. I agree with 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I use 119 octane and pull 10 deg of timing...
Always better to pull too much than not enough. What does the rest of your combination look like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSCPO View Post
Sorry for the hijack. Can the factory fuel system keep up with a 200 shot?
No sir. But you have many options if you would like to spray a lot of nitrous on a somewhat stock application. PM if you would like or we can start a separate thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
but still 200 shot is alot. lol I guess as long as you don't abuse it its safe?
The 200hp shot like I said above, its not for every car and user. It can be setup safe however. Correct system, plugs, and tuneup are key.

Again, if you would like to go over your car, your habits, and your goals, let me know. A phone conversation can make all the difference in the world.

Quote:
What is the safest shot to run with the stock fuel system? I wouldnt be looking to make crazy hp numbers, just something to push me into the 11s safe and cheap.
11's are an easy goal with this platform and some nitrous. For sure the fuel crossover needs to be upgraded. Shoot me a PM with the rest of your mods and how you drive the car. We can get it lined out and safely running consistent 11.xx time slips.

Quote:
I'd never try it. I have a separate dedicated fuel system. It rocks.

Safe is a relative term. You're always taking a chance when you modify your car. You can run a 200 shot relatively safely as long as you do it right. Some cars may last forever like that and some won't. Anything can happen. Just be prepared for the worst if you do it.

If you just want to spray safely into the 11's on the stock fuel system I'd stick with a 100 shot.
Good Post

Quote:
ColdCamaro, do you put in a different tune when you will be spraying than when you are just driving around normally?
You certianly can. The only reason to not do that is the loss of NA hp from retarded timing. It is usually not as much as most think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSCPO View Post
Anyone running 200 shot on factory fuel system or without a dedicated fuel cell? And if so, how are you maintaining fuel pressure? BAP?
Fuel pressure should only be effected if the pump can not handle the volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b20 View Post
What tsp switch is everybody running on these cars
Or is everybody running progressive timers
Our window switch has a TPS switch built into. This is the best option out there if you do not want to run the progressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSS View Post
hoping graham at nitrous outlet will chime in....im looking into the same.....i want to shoot about 100 shot and want a kit that will do that as safe as possible.....meaning all necessary switches or failsafes are included in the kit
I got you covered.

100hp is very easy to do safely on the ls3/l99.

Choose your system and I would add the following:

Window Switch/Progressive Controller
Fuel Pressure safety switch
Nitrous Filter
Proper timing retard and spark plugs
Graham@N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #21
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham@Nitrousoutlet View Post
Always better to pull too much than not enough. What does the rest of your combination look like?
Naturally asperated L99 w/ LS3 conversion... Scoggin Dickey L92 heads, Comp Cam 231/247 617/624 113LSA. Running a 200 shot w/ progressive controller and dedicated fuel cell.

Can't remember the exact plugs (6 or 8's maybe) but they are a bit hotter. Pulling 10 deg timing...

Tks for all the replies and info...
Old 05-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #22
Graham@N

Drives: Pontiac Firebird
Quote:
Naturally asperated L99 w/ LS3 conversion... Scoggin Dickey L92 heads, Comp Cam 231/247 617/624 113LSA. Running a 200 shot w/ progressive controller and dedicated fuel cell.

Can't remember the exact plugs (6 or 8's maybe) but they are a bit hotter. Pulling 10 deg timing...

Sure thing. Definitely need to be on a non-projected in the 7 or 8 heat range.

Do you tune the nitrous side of it?
Graham@N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:45 PM   #23
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:

You mean they are a bit colder. A bit hotter would be bad lol.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:54 PM   #24
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham@Nitrousoutlet View Post
Sure thing. Definitely need to be on a non-projected in the 7 or 8 heat range.

Do you tune the nitrous side of it?
If you mean on the Dyno... yes. I have 2 tunes but sometimes run on the Nitrous tune if I know I'll be going back to the track soon.

Quote:
You mean they are a bit colder. A bit hotter would be bad lol.
Yeah... that too...

I knew it was somewhere between 6 and 8...
Old 05-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #25
Stic It
SIP

Drives: 2011 1SS, L99, A6 , Silver Ice
I am running the NX plate system on mine with a 175 shot,6'd's pulled with NGKTR6's gapped at .35 . No problems here until the bottle goes empty
Havent had any fuel issues.
The L99's love it
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #26
Brian@LGMAC

Drives: a slow 2010
Hey stic it what jets # are you using for the 175 hp
Brian@LGMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:09 AM   #27
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stic It View Post
I am running the NX plate system on mine with a 175 shot,6'd's pulled with NGKTR6's gapped at .35 . No problems here until the bottle goes empty
Havent had any fuel issues.
The L99's love it
great spot for the purge...

Here's my setup...
Attached Images

Old 05-24-2011, 07:23 AM   #28
Stic It
SIP

Drives: 2011 1SS, L99, A6 , Silver Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian@LGMAC View Post
Hey stic it what jets # are you using for the 175 hp