Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-06-2013, 12:14 AM   #239
OV3RDRIV3

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
If you can afford it upgrade to SS Brembo calipers, RB rotors, one of their street pads, and stainless brake lines. That will give you terrific stopping power on the street, improves acceleration, stopping and cornering, and they look great on the car.

They're not cheap but they cover several areas of improvement in performance which 3rd-party cast-iron rotors that are just drilled do not.
I like your assessment! I hate to spend the money but may go this route as I think RB makes a caliper which is in a league of its own (without getting into serious money). I already purchased the SS lines (Goodridge) and rear Brembo SS calipers. Looking for a pair of front Brembo calipers. Know where I might be able to obtain these for a great price? I prefer take off's or brand new, but low mileage would be fine also.
OV3RDRIV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:19 AM   #240
OV3RDRIV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Maybe you would just want to get RB's front and rear setup? Give you the rotors and calipers and pads and lines all in one package.
Yeaaaaa definetely a thought! I think I can piece together a system though for a better price that will suit the needs of my lighter V6
Old 06-06-2013, 12:56 AM   #241
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by OV3RDRIV3 View Post
I like your assessment! I hate to spend the money but may go this route as I think RB makes a caliper which is in a league of its own (without getting into serious money). I already purchased the SS lines (Goodridge) and rear Brembo SS calipers. Looking for a pair of front Brembo calipers. Know where I might be able to obtain these for a great price? I prefer take off's or brand new, but low mileage would be fine also.
There has to be some of the guys on the forum who upgraded to CTS-V brakes that have their old Brembos available.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:11 AM   #242
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
If one WAS to buy the front RB rotors, what company's rotor is close in looks for the rear? Since the CTS-V & ZL1 have a sort of 2 piece rotor, this wouldn't be a bad thing to doYes? No?
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:48 AM   #243
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
If one WAS to buy the front RB rotors, what company's rotor is close in looks for the rear? Since the CTS-V & ZL1 have a sort of 2 piece rotor, this wouldn't be a bad thing to doYes? No?
No it wouldn't be a bad thing at all. You can paint the center of the rear factory rotors black to match the black center hats of the RB rotors which would make them look closer in style. Removing unsprung rotating weight off the already heavier front is a good thing, period.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #244
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Ordered RB 2-piece open slots for my fronts, and XT910 pads to match. Dying to try them out. Thanks for all the helpful discussion on this thread.

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #245
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
No it wouldn't be a bad thing at all. You can paint the center of the rear factory rotors black to match the black center hats of the RB rotors which would make them look closer in style. Removing unsprung rotating weight off the already heavier front is a good thing, period.
I could swing the RB front rotors and a "regular" set of rotors on the rear. The question now is what rotors for the rear....Brembo Sport slotted or DBA 4000 series 6x6 wiper slot rotors? The Brembo's are about $80 cheaper, but the DBA are a tiny bit closer in looks to the RB rotors.

I guess I should be thankful if this is my biggest problem in life right now
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:06 AM   #246
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
RacingBrake will be making a matching caliper for the rear size rotor in the future...more weight loss and beautiful work with engineering to deal with heat!!!!!!!!!!

i made a long and detailed diy for the caliper rebuild kit they offer for out stock ss brembos with pics and vids just need to get it all written out.

i am trying out a new set of pads in front tomorrow at chuckwalla.....it will be 110-115 tomorrow so will be really testing the heat management of the brake set up I have purchased from RB
Old 06-08-2013, 05:32 AM   #247
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
RacingBrake will be making a matching caliper for the rear size rotor in the future...more weight loss and beautiful work with engineering to deal with heat!!!!!!!!!!
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #248
OV3RDRIV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
I could swing the RB front rotors and a "regular" set of rotors on the rear. The question now is what rotors for the rear....Brembo Sport slotted or DBA 4000 series 6x6 wiper slot rotors? The Brembo's are about $80 cheaper, but the DBA are a tiny bit closer in looks to the RB rotors.

I guess I should be thankful if this is my biggest problem in life right now
Feelin your pain on this. I haven't really found anything that matches quite as well as I would like.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #249
OV3RDRIV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post

i made a long and detailed diy for the caliper rebuild kit they offer for out stock ss brembos with pics and vids just need to get it all written out.

i am trying out a new set of pads in front tomorrow at chuckwalla.....it will be 110-115 tomorrow so will be really testing the heat management of the brake set up I have purchased from RB
Can't wait to the see the DIY. I am moving to Texas from Illinois in two weeks so this has pushed up the braking system upgrade on my Camaro List.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #250
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
lot of work sill needs to be dont on the diy... i have vids and pics and will write a detailed description.

tested racingbrake rotors and a new pad not available to public yet in 118
degree weather with asphalt in parking area reaching 140....imagine how how the track was. zero brake fade and was able to out brakr my buddies in the small group of 5. of course Ryne and his 1 le is to much car and driver for me and matt and his better is too muh car and driver for me as well...they were quick for such a crazy hot day fu of failing cars and 2 ambulances working over time to deal with heat stroke victims.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #251
Virus

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
What about 6 pot upgrade with matching 4 pot rear?
Old 06-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #252
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by OV3RDRIV3 View Post
Can't wait to the see the DIY. I am moving to Texas from Illinois in two weeks so this has pushed up the braking system upgrade on my Camaro List.
Where are you joining us?

T.

GO HAWKS!!!!!
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote