Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-21-2019, 01:45 PM   #1
BadBowtie94

Drives: 2014 Red Camaro
Best 2014 V6 exhaust

What is the best sounding exhaust for a 2014 V6 Camaro? The loudest exhaust without a droning/rice burner sound? I’ve done a lot of research and read a lot of good reviews on the Flowmaster. Any opinions would be appreciated!
BadBowtie94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:53 PM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Very much a loaded question. Opinions will vary.

Personally, cat deletes, Magnaflow 11386 X muffler in place of stock H, and muffler delete. Loud. Sounds good. Flowmasters to me always sound awful.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:21 PM   #3
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
I always liked the solo high-flow into their cat-back sound. When I had my LFX, I was going to do that set up.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 07:15 AM   #4
gcp

Drives: 2014 Black LS
I have ARH Catless Downpipes, Magnaflow resonated x pipe, along with magnaflow mufflers installed in the back. That in combination with the Cold Air Inductions Cai I have installed, it sounds really good. I will say it’s a little quieter than I had originally hoped for from the start but I recommend the setup. However I was wondering if anyone has this set up minus the resonated x pipe. I’m thinking of removing it but don’t want to make a mistake. I want crackles and pops and right now it’s almost nonexistent. I might decide after I upgrade to the overkill throttle body and tune. Hope this helps and hope someone sees this and can help as well.
gcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:41 PM   #5
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcp View Post
I have ARH Catless Downpipes, Magnaflow resonated x pipe, along with magnaflow mufflers installed in the back. That in combination with the Cold Air Inductions Cai I have installed, it sounds really good. I will say it’s a little quieter than I had originally hoped for from the start but I recommend the setup. However I was wondering if anyone has this set up minus the resonated x pipe. I’m thinking of removing it but don’t want to make a mistake. I want crackles and pops and right now it’s almost nonexistent. I might decide after I upgrade to the overkill throttle body and tune. Hope this helps and hope someone sees this and can help as well.
The more free-flowing your exhaust is the better you're going to hear the cracks and pops. Your setup basically consists of 3 mufflers so getting rid of the "resonated x-pipe" like you mentioned will definitely help. I'm guessing your rear mufflers are bigger oval ones which are quieter than the smaller cylindrical ones, so even with the two oval mufflers the cracks and pops may not be as load as desired. You could also keep the resonated x-pipe and remove/replace/partially bypass the rear mufflers for more volume/flow.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 06:19 PM   #6
gcp

Drives: 2014 Black LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
The more free-flowing your exhaust is the better you're going to hear the cracks and pops. Your setup basically consists of 3 mufflers so getting rid of the "resonated x-pipe" like you mentioned will definitely help. I'm guessing your rear mufflers are bigger oval ones which are quieter than the smaller cylindrical ones, so even with the two oval mufflers the cracks and pops may not be as load as desired. You could also keep the resonated x-pipe and remove/replace/partially bypass the rear mufflers for more volume/flow.
Yea I have the 14226 magnaflows. I want to remove the resonator to get that crackle/pop sound but I’m scared it’ll be too raspy/ricer sounding. So I’m stuck between 3 options. Remove the res to see if I like it, getting new mufflers but not sure which ones, maybe mrt v2 or v1 and then adding the resonator. I notice a small buzzing inside my dash area when I accelerate hard too not sure if there’s a fix for that but I’m almost 100% sure it’s the resonator. The car sounds super deep and low toned at certain rpms which I like but not quite exactly how I want it. You have magnaflows? How does it sound and are you happy with it?
gcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:40 PM   #7
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Magnaflow resonated x with muffler delete is a killer option.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 05:55 AM   #8
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcp View Post
Yea I have the 14226 magnaflows. I want to remove the resonator to get that crackle/pop sound but I’m scared it’ll be too raspy/ricer sounding. So I’m stuck between 3 options. Remove the res to see if I like it, getting new mufflers but not sure which ones, maybe mrt v2 or v1 and then adding the resonator. I notice a small buzzing inside my dash area when I accelerate hard too not sure if there’s a fix for that but I’m almost 100% sure it’s the resonator. The car sounds super deep and low toned at certain rpms which I like but not quite exactly how I want it. You have magnaflows? How does it sound and are you happy with it?
I did the ol' Magnaflow resonated x-pipe and then removed everything after that, so right now I have the stock cats/downpipes to the Magnaflow x-pipe, then straight 2.5" pipe after that to 3.5" "quad tips". There is a decent amount of drone so I ended up putting on Solo's j-pipes too, but as far as the sound goes I think it sounds pretty good and am happy with it. In the not-too-distant future I plan to get the Solo downpipes as well which have built-in resonators; not sure how it'll sound but I suspect it'll be a bit louder and a bit deeper.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:16 PM   #9
Jabranpirzada

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 1LT
2011 Camaro V6 intake and exhaust

I just got a 2011 V6 Camaro and I'm looking for the best cold air intake for it. I researched a lot but i don't know which one to pick. You guys have any recommendations? I also want an exhaust which sounds mean and aggressive with cracks and pops.
Jabranpirzada is offline   Reply With Quote