Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-23-2019, 09:56 PM   #1
Blakester

Drives: 2010 1ss
Has anyone taken the screen out of a vararam otr?

After over a month my vararam "tune" intake finally showed up. After i got it out to look at i noticed the screen is messed up on the edge where its set into the plastic and i am worried in time itll send small metal chunks into the motor. Ive even been able to move small little pieces around gently with a pick.

So, i am wondering if i can just remove the screen and since its already going to get a tune, just have my tuner tune for it. Ill call the tuner and vararam tomorrow. Just figured id also ask here.
Blakester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:45 AM   #2
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Post some pics if you can, I'm curious what it looks like.

But I wouldn't remove the screen. It helps to smooth out the airflow so the MAF can read it easier. Turbulent air is hard to read and can/will throw off fueling so it's best to leave it.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 05:04 PM   #3
Blakester

Ill post pics when I can. Never heard back from vararam. I did find very similar if not identical replacment screen. I may just remove the original one and get a replacement. If the tuner fights the tune ill put the new one in. And just have it setup and ready so its a quick change.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:42 PM   #4
Blakester

Ill post pics when I can. Never heard back from vararam. I did find very similar if not identical replacment screen. I may just remove the original one and get a replacement. If the tuner fights the tune ill put the new one in. And just have it setup and ready so its a quick change.