Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 03-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
How to RESET your Camaro Door Glass Window MEMORY

I found that in the other thread on how to reposition your door glass, there were a few people who had issues with glass going up and then coming down, or doing a couple other odd things.

You guys had asked if there were ways to fix this.

Well?

Here you go! Ask and ye shall receive.

As always, I remind you that you could take your car in to your dealer. However, this method will save you time...and it's a quick fix right at home!

Follow these steps starting with step 1. If step 1 does not work for you, move on to step two. Step 1 should remedy the issue. If step 1 and 2 do not work, it's quite possible that the shop will need to perform step 3...which I won't post due to the fact they need to use a scanner on the car. ...ie: can't do it at home!

First, you may need to relearn or re-normalize IF....

1. The battery has been disconnected or replaced (winter storage may be a problem for some)

2. The door or motor harness has been disconnected.

3. Glass is out of alignment

4. When the door or door window glass has been replaced

5. When a regulator has been replaced

METHOD 1:
(Use this plan!!!)
1-A. Open the car door which needs to have the window adjusted. Turn the ignition to the run mode. Do one door at a time !!!

1-B. In the door jam, release the harness from the door (with a medium screwdriver, pull up the release tab, pull off w/ the palm of your hand, and pull the harness off the door for a minimum of 60 seconds (this is very important as the memory will be lost).

1-C. Reconnect the door harness and lock the tab back down. Close your car door.

1-D. The DIC will ask you to lower your door glass.

1-E KEEP YOUR FINGER ON THE BUTTON FOR 4 TO 5 SECONDS ONCE THE GLASS IS DOWN. ROTATE YOUR FINGER TO THE UP POSITION AND HOLD FOR 4 SECONDS ONCE WINDOW IS AT THE TOP.

OTHER FUNCTIONS MAY APPEAR IN YOUR DIC BEFORE YOU ARE ASKED TO PROGRAM THE WINDOWS. This is normal

Window is now reprogrammed, Repeat to the other door glass.

However, sometimes the door glass regulator does not always relearn on the first attempt. If when you open the door and the door glass does not drop down to the open door position, your window regulator did not relearn or re-normalize...in which case, you are going to need to drop the glass back down, unplug the harness and try again. Yes, it can be picky sometimes and not want to work on the first time.

If Step 1 did not work, you may attempt this method. Also, if you made glass positioning adjustments, this might also be a fix.

METHOD 2:

2-A. Access the under hood fuse box and remove fuse # 26. Wait one minute and reinstall fuse. Close your hood.

2-B. Get inside car. Close both doors. Start the engine and follow the instructions on the DIC (DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER).

2-C. The DIC should instruct you to run the window down and up on both sides.

2-D. Verify that both windows have express up functions and no DIC message exists. If the DIC does not instruct you to operate the window to re-normalize, do the following.

2-E. With a 2nd person helping, pull the fuse while the window is in the downward motion.

2-F. The window will stop. Release the window switch.

2-G. Reinstall the fuse and go back to step 2-B.

I hope this helps you guys who are having issues! Good luck!

If neither of these steps work, take the car in and let them have a go at it. This will save you time of having to go in and would even possibly save GM some time resulting in fewer warranty claims. Again, the steps here are offered as an alternative. Making corrections, etc on your own is your choice and can be done if YOU wish!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:17 AM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Updated with more info.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #3
Suskam

Drives: '11 Camaro/ '02 Grand Prix
Thanks. Every once in a while, I will get a message on the DIC that says:
"lower driver side window, then close". They must get out of alignment or something, but when I do what is says it fixes it.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:43 AM   #4
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suskam View Post
Thanks. Every once in a while, I will get a message on the DIC that says:
"lower driver side window, then close". They must get out of alignment or something, but when I do what is says it fixes it.

No kidding, I had my battery disconnected for three days for an indoors car show. The DIC said lower both windows, I did and it was fixed.
But, appreciate all the work and research from TAG just in case of a "fail."
Old 03-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
RSHugger

Drives: 1969 RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

METHOD 1:
(Use this plan!!!)
1-A. Open the car door which needs to have the window adjusted. Turn the ignition to the run mode. Do one door at a time !!!

1-B. In the door jam, release the harness from the door (with a medium screwdriver, pull up the release tab, pull off w/ the palm of your hand, and pull the harness off the door for a minimum of 60 seconds (this is very important as the memory will be lost).

1-C. Reconnect the door harness and lock the tab back down. Close your car door.

1-D. Turn the ignition to the run position. The DIC will ask you to lower your door glass.

1-E KEEP YOUR FINGER ON THE BUTTON FOR 4 TO 5 SECONDS ONCE THE GLASS IS DOWN. ROTATE YOUR FINGER TO THE UP POSITION AND HOLD FOR 4 SECONDS ONCE WINDOW IS AT THE TOP.

OTHER FUNCTIONS MAY APPEAR IN YOUR DIC BEFORE YOU ARE ASKED TO PROGRAM THE WINDOWS. This is normal

Window is now reprogrammed, Repeat to the other door glass.
Good Info... check out 1A... turn ignition to RUN and then 1D turn ignition to RUN... does it need to be turned off somewhere in between?? Step missing? Thanks for taking the time to inform folks of this.
RSHugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
You just made my day!

I'm getting ready to do the fuse pull/battery disconnect on my LS3 and this is one of the procedures I wanted to look up before I did it. Your timing is spectacular!
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #7
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Just FYI there is a TSB on the windows that just came out last week. I have the problem of my drivers door forgetting the indexing and leaving the window cracked open sometimes, or I will get in the car and it will say "open/close drivers side window". My dealer has the car and has had to order parts related to it, but supposedly it should cure the issue. However.... theres such a back order on parts it will probably be a while.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:52 AM   #8
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
What timing! I got my car out from winter storage this past weekend and when I tried to raise the passenger window after lowering, it raised and lowered about halfway. I had to try about 5 times before it stopped in the up position. I have express up enabled and have never disconnected the battery. (Connected to battery sentinel trickle charger all winter). Didn't get any messages in the DIC. Maybe it was mad after 5 months of neglect in a cold dark garage. Thanks for the writeup. I'll try this if it still has the problem.
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #9
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
thanks for the info.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:41 PM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSHugger View Post
Good Info... check out 1A... turn ignition to RUN and then 1D turn ignition to RUN... does it need to be turned off somewhere in between?? Step missing? Thanks for taking the time to inform folks of this.
WOOPS! Got it fixed. Took out the 1D part. Thanks for the heads up. Sometimes you read things 5 times and still don't catch it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post
You just made my day!

I'm getting ready to do the fuse pull/battery disconnect on my LS3 and this is one of the procedures I wanted to look up before I did it. Your timing is spectacular!
lol...thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
thanks for the info.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:53 AM   #11
2SS BUMBLBE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/L99
Thank you!!!! Method 1 worked like a champ after all others I found on the forum did not.
2SS BUMBLBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #12
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGBrix3 View Post
Thank you!!!! Method 1 worked like a champ after all others I found on the forum did not.

Awesome!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #13
Pumpkin1LT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Mine wasn't so easy...turns out i need an entirely new motor for the pass side. it doesn't index anymore. Still waiting on the dealership to call me with the part.

A happy wife is one in the garage getting dirty under her 2010 Camaro!
Pumpkin1LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:00 AM   #14
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
good info will be doing this in the next month or two....
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote