Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-20-2015, 02:55 PM   #15
EmeryZ28

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I personally see a Lexus as very uncool and always wonder why the person made the decision to drive a toyota wearing a suit when there are similar options from Audi, BMW, Benz, Infiniti and Cadillac.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:11 PM   #16
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeryZ28 View Post
I personally see a Lexus as very uncool and always wonder why the person made the decision to drive a toyota wearing a suit when there are similar options from Audi, BMW, Benz, Infiniti and Cadillac.
Because its an owner who doesn't want to be in the shop all the time. Highest reliability company for the 3rd straight year.

Audi/BMW/Benz - the german pieces of #@%(# that can't be reliable if they tried. Cadillac....well...they are trying hard. Infiniti hasn't had anything that great in a while.

However, that being said, I'm not going to get into a pissing battle with you. So I'll stop here.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:30 PM   #17
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
My 2010 SS feels like a luxury car, in a good way.

It feels nothing like a '60s muscle car, and that's good, too.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:49 PM   #18
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
I'd hope you'd beat a V6....
V8 actually for the previous generation, an 8k rpm V8, it's no slough.

Also, BMW has never made a V6, they're all I6s. The newest BMW M3 with the turbo I6 is making some serious numbers on the dyno, I don't think a stock 5th gen Camaro SS would stand a chance.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:49 PM   #19
1FASTZ

Drives: 1969 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
My 2010 SS feels like a luxury car, in a good way.

It feels nothing like a '60s muscle car, and that's good, too.
But there's character in the way those old muscle cars drive that can't be had in a new Camaro...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
1FASTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:52 PM   #20
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Yes. The 2016 ZL1 will essentially be a re- body of this car.
I'd be surprised if there is a 2016 ZL1, also it will be based on the ATS likely, just like the SS. Although both are still based on the Alpha platform, I think the difference will be wheelbase.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:11 PM   #21
GetSmart

Drives: 2013 Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeryZ28 View Post
I may be wrong, but I thought the Infiniti is the upper end vehicles of Nissan? But I get your point.
Rotofab CAI, VMAX PTB, Borla S axle-back, Dynatech SuperMaxx 1 7/8" headers/HF cats, No weeds exhaust diverters, Apex air scoop & catch can, Rohana wheels, MPD1 Z-Force Hood, BTR Stage 3 cam, Vitesse Throttle Controller, etc...
GetSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:20 PM   #22
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSmart View Post
I may be wrong, but I thought the Infiniti is the upper end vehicles of Nissan? But I get your point.
It is...and Lexus is that to Toyota and Audi is that to Volkswagen...they are all considered Luxury cars
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:24 PM   #23
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Because its an owner who doesn't want to be in the shop all the time. Highest reliability company for the 3rd straight year.

Audi/BMW/Benz - the german pieces of #@%(# that can't be reliable if they tried. Cadillac....well...they are trying hard. Infiniti hasn't had anything that great in a while.

However, that being said, I'm not going to get into a pissing battle with you. So I'll stop here.
I'll back this up....he also is just saying "uncool" which is more of a basic opinion. Not the best opinion..but HIS opinion nonetheless. Lexus is still a luxury brand regardless how you look at it. But I will have to say that the new Q50 is a pretty decent car IMO.

At any rate. All those others are lacking the fun appeal of the simplicity and power that you can get out of a Camaro. Well...at least until you get into the top AMG/M/S-RS ranges of those other cars.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:34 PM   #24
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Quote:
Now Now...lets keep some thing in perspective.

The interior quality of the $50k car is leaps and bounds above your $30k. I would know, my wife '15 IS350 puts my camaro to shame in build quality and interior.

People don't always measure their cars buy how fast it pulls away from a light. the overall quality is important too. Thats why, on Saturday, I pulled the trigger for a new Lexus NX SUV. While I enjoy my Camaro....thats enough of Chevy for me. I"m going back to where I feel comfortable for daily driving, JDM (Camaro continues being my garage queen).
Nothing built in this country could fill the bill for you I guess?

I know I am old and set in my politically incorrect ways but I get so tired of counting all the rice burners on the road.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:46 PM   #25
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
the 16 Camaro needs to have at least a heated steering wheel to attract bimmer buyers
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:49 PM   #26
linc400

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary convert
I have always had Lincolns. But they are building such crap now that I never even gave a new one a thought. I hate 4 doors, and want a car with some style. I also did not want anything foreign. So that basically limits you to Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger.

I didn't like dropping down to a Chevy from a Lincoln, but I wasn't going to buy a Lincoln just to get the name on a crappy car.

While some people only care about performance, I care about luxury features as well. I think that they could have even more sales if they offered some options for a nicer interior and more luxury features because not everyone wants the same thing out of their Camaro. While you can go up in price for more horsepower, the interior isn't much different from the cheapest model Camaro to the most expensive ZL1 or Z/28.
linc400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:44 PM   #27
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
If you play your cards right, you can get pound for pound and then some with a "muscle" car. The american v8s can give you some luxury features, but the central ingredient that beats a lot of luxury cars is the ground thumping, exhaust thundering of the v8s. To me there is no substitute for a well running, powerful v8 with a muscular sounding exhaust.

Ask yourself this question: How many other cars can you say that you start up just to listen to the engine idle???? Those customers that demand premium luxury and a throaty v8 will be hard pressed to find other cars that could beat a CTS-V for the same price.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:52 PM   #28
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Most luxury car buyers I've run into are simply in it for the badge, and not much else.

Most modern luxury cars are based so much on performance now that very few of them have a comfortable ride, or at least what I would consider comfortable for a "luxury" car. Most of them are 4 door sports cars with stiff suspension and dressed up interiors.

That said, I love CTS-V's and AMG products
NC_SS is offline   Reply With Quote