Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #15
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
I did bmr cradle and differential. Must say, it's a pretty big job to do. I also bought alot of other stuff from bmr to... Like subframe conntectors, drive shaft safety loop, tunnel brace, springs, toe rods, swing arms, Hendricks axles...Been working on it for a week now. Just about done. Waiting on axles to arrive. :-)
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #16
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Can you not use a regulare 2" whole saw? You have to have an extra long one?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:44 AM   #17
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I saw a build thread where the tool fabbed and used was... It has to be longer than a standard hole saw. I'll see if I can find it real quick...

And I cant wait to feel my car with the new suspension components... I went with the aluminum sub-frame bushings based on a recommendation from Chase at Apex. This was based on my soon to be power though... We are also doing traiing arms, Adjustable toe rods, and the differential bushings...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #18
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Try this, It's the information where a tool was built to remove the diff bushings...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...le#post2705479

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 01-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #19
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I saw a build thread where the tool fabbed and used was... It has to be longer than a standard hole saw. I'll see if I can find it real quick...

And I cant wait to feel my car with the new suspension components... I went with the aluminum sub-frame bushings based on a recommendation from Chase at Apex. This was based on my soon to be power though... We are also doing traiing arms, Adjustable toe rods, and the differential bushings...
I can't wait to see this build come together.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #20
caverman

I'm assuming no need to align the car with just the bushing change?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 01-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #21
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I'm assuming no need to "align the car" with just the bushing change?
Well that depends on the road conditions and how hard you hammer the gas...

Sorry, couldn't pass it up... but,

As far as the "wheel alignment" after installing them, I wouldn't think so just with the bushing change...

I'ld probably ask someone with more knowledge than me...

Good Luck with it and let us know how it goes...

Old 01-17-2011, 01:33 PM   #22
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
I'm assuming no need to align the car with just the bushing change?
If you are going to do the BMR cradle and differential bushings you wont have to get an alignment. The only time you would need to get an alignment was if you loosened the inner rear lower control arm bolt or the inner toe rod bolt, other wise you are good to go because the rear cradle uses alignment dowels on the chassis of the car to line everything up.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:28 PM   #23
caverman

So....can you not use a 2" hole saw on the front and go 1/2 through and then come to the back side and do the same?

I just seems a PITA to have to make a part like that for a one time use.

Apex.....is your hole saw a double stacked one that is welded togther? I didn't mention that in the instructions but looking at the pic it looks like it could be a long one.
Build Journal

Last edited by caverman; 01-17-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #24
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Actually I built the the extra long hole saw to do the the differental bushings. Two of three bushings are only accessable from one side. I had those bushings out in a few minutes with the tool I built. Hate to struggle. Don't care what anybody says, removing the stock bushings suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Worse part of the job. I just made it easier for myself.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #25
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
So....can you not use a 2" hole saw on the front and go 1/2 through and then come to the back side and do the same?

I just seems a PITA to have to make a part like that for a one time use.

Apex.....is your hole saw a double stacked one that is welded togther? I didn't mention that in the instructions but looking at the pic it looks like it could be a long one.
Yes it's a hole sawI made buy cutting two apart them tig welded them together to make one.

Last edited by Merc; 01-17-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:51 PM   #26
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
Two of three bushings are only accessable from one side.

Yes it's a hole I made buy cutting two apart them tig welded them together to make one.
Three??? I thought there were only two bushings for the differential?

I knew you cut two of them to make one but I was wondering if that's what Apex did to take his out as well. His instructions say to us a 2" hole saw but doesn't say anything about getting an extra long one or making one from two.
Build Journal
Old 01-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #27
Merc
In The Circle

That's what BMR directions say. The bottom line is that a normal hole is not deep enough. So you would have to go as deep as you can with the hole saw. Then hack hack out the center and go again. Not for me. The craddle bushings would be no different if you just drop the craddle. Only accessable from one side unless you remove the whole craddle from underneath the car. Hve a look at my build journal and you will see I speak from experience.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:09 PM   #28
caverman

Copied in the direct link on your build in case anyone else was intrested.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...113517&page=10

Do you still need that tool? Feel like selling it?
Build Journal