Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-30-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Thumbs down Boss 302 brake failure or Motor Trend Failure?

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/25/f...ake-test-here/

Hope this isn't a repost. Besides the obvious hilarity of Ford's golden child having a brake failure in a 60-0 test for a major magazine, I found it more funny that they reported the failure a month after it happened and not during the article for the test of the car. I don't usually get in to whether Motor Trend is biased or not, but this is just way too obvious. Keep in mind this was an isolated incident, I just don't think they would have given the Camaro a break like they gave Ford.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
Oxtar41

Drives: 700 rwhp 2010 SS
LOL
Old 04-30-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/25/f...ake-test-here/

Hope this isn't a repost. Besides the obvious hilarity of Ford's golden child having a brake failure in a 60-0 test for a major magazine, I found it more funny that they reported the failure a month after it happened and not during the article for the test of the car. I don't usually get in to whether Motor Trend is biased or not, but this is just way too obvious. Keep in mind this was an isolated incident, I just don't think they would have given the Camaro a break like they gave Ford.
you're kidding right? they basically ignored the Camaro's shortcommings for nearly a year in 2009-2010 (when the 5.0 showed up).
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
blizzpat
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS
That's one sexy ass car.
blizzpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
wise

Drives: 1SS/1LE
I call BS. This car was touched by the hand of god and there will never be anything better. There's no way a car so perfect could have any faults. The internet said so.

Edit: Just poking fun at the magazines and their reviewers. That car looks awesome in competition orange!

Last edited by wise; 04-30-2011 at 01:33 PM.
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:50 PM   #6
ViperTomcat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wise View Post
I call BS. This car was touched by the hand of god and there will never be anything better. There's no way a car so perfect could have any faults. The internet said so.

Edit: Just poking fun at the magazines and their reviewers. That car looks awesome in competition orange!
Take a little trot over to the ZL1 board and that sounds quite accurate.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:57 PM   #7
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
you're kidding right? they basically ignored the Camaro's shortcommings for nearly a year in 2009-2010 (when the 5.0 showed up).
A wierdly shaped steering wheel and outward visibility is a far cry from a total brake failure. All I'm saying is that they should have mentioned it when it happened instead of trying to protect Ford. They also put the v-6 Camaro in fourth place in a comparison because navigation isn't available.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #8
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Take a little trot over to the ZL1 board and that sounds quite accurate.
Maybe this isn't the forum for you then?

Would that be accurate?
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:18 PM   #9
ViperTomcat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Maybe this isn't the forum for you then?

Would that be accurate?
No, because I was mentioning the hype that is surrounding the ZL1, not the whole of Camaro5's forums.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #10
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
No, because I was mentioning the hype that is surrounding the ZL1, not the whole of Camaro5's forums.
I don't mean this as a flame, I just don't get why you are here. You clearly don't have an interest in purchasing a camaro if you just bought another vehicle....I see you post often, some are very informative posts. However, some can be bias as well (not saying these guys aren't either)..I like all three "muscle" cars... camaro, challenger, and yes..mustang. I think they are great cars.

The op posted a link... that is all. Brake failure versus the "short comings" of the camaro is comparing apples to oranges. What failures occurred during the testing of the camaro?
The second guy was joking around and you throw a shot at the guys on the ZL1 board? Two shots at the Camaro, and it isn't the first time you have done it. I just don't understand why, man? 99% of us here, honestly love both of our competitors and if the Camaro wasn't around we would gladly purchase one of their vehicles...
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #11
blizzpat
Account Suspended

Just because someone doesn't have a car doesn't mean they shouldn't be here...

He's got a challenger, a car I would gladly take.

Muscle is muscle. Let's stop acting like import owners and hating on other cars that aren't identical to ours, please.

What he says is true. This is just a one-time thing, but people are going to make it sound like every boss has this problem. Yes...motor trend is biased, but who cares? The camaro had a LOT of problems: loose spoilers, loose engine belts, fuel computer problems, cheap paint, man I can go ON and ON... does that mean the camaro is a bad car? No.

Also a lot of hype around the ZL1 "GT500 KILLER, 392 KILLER, etc etc" and we haven't even seen it in action.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #12
ViperTomcat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
I don't mean this as a flame, I just don't get why you are here. You clearly don't have an interest in purchasing a camaro if you just bought another vehicle....I see you post often, some are very informative posts. However, some can be bias as well (not saying these guys aren't either)..I like all three "muscle" cars... camaro, challenger, and yes..mustang. I think they are great cars.

The op posted a link... that is all. Brake failure versus the "short comings" of the camaro is comparing apples to oranges. What failures occurred during the testing of the camaro?
The second guy was joking around and you throw a shot at the guys on the ZL1 board? Two shots at the Camaro, and it isn't the first time you have done it. I just don't understand why, man? 99% of us here, honestly love both of our competitors and if the Camaro wasn't around we would gladly purchase one of their vehicles...
I'm here because without my Challenger, I now no longer have a community to which I belong.

Also because I do like the Camaro, and its on the list of cars that I may get in the next two years because I do want to get back into a muscle car.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #13
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
This isn't his first post blizz... you have been a member here a whole 30 days. If this is the first time most of us wouldn't care.

You are going to have to re-address my post. Tell me where I said he shouldn't be here, or where I was even rude to the guy. In fact, I told him a majority of his posts are very informative and helpful. We can all be bias, however, being bias HERE to other vehicles when you have the freedom to do so else where just does not make sense to me... that is all.

Quote:
I'm here because without my Challenger, I now no longer have a community to which I belong.

Also because I do like the Camaro, and its on the list of cars that I may get in the next two years because I do want to get back into a muscle car.
?? You were here when you had the challenger? lol... man, I am not bashing you. That is not my intent. You have been helpful to members on here and assisting them with their issues. However, you have been bias enough on separate occasions for me to remember your ID, and I just didn't understand why. Again, I don't think you should be removed and I do appreciate the opinions of others... I apologize if I came off abrasive, I just have to deal with neighbors who are soo friggin far gone mustang fan boys that they refuse to carry on a casual discussion. I DO come here for a little bit of camaro bias lol

The fact is their was a failure...undisclosed... by what is supposed to be an unbias form of "journalism". A magazine where people make vehicle purchases based on what they say sometimes... that IMO is wrong for them to do. Even if they held out how heavy the camaro can be or any issues address with handling ..there was no FAILURE. Apples to oranges.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:16 PM   #14
blizzpat
Account Suspended

I haven't been a member for a long time, but I see Viper get attacked in almost every thread he posts. He comes in posts something of sense that isn't along the lines of "LOL MY STOCK CAMARO JUST SMOKED A Z06..PWNED!!!" and you guys get all aggressive.

Some of you treat camaros like if they are bugattis or ferraris.... Not driving it in the rain? Jesus it's an affordable $30k car.. not a collectors edition million dollar car.

Let's stop acting like we are better than everyone please. As long as it's American, hell yeah.