Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-28-2009, 04:13 AM   #57
NightHawkSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Are they even legal??
NightHawkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:32 AM   #58
Rickscamero

Drives: Infiniti G35 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
TRAITOR!!! i gave that site outta confidence now how can i make money off it..LOL..ROFLMAO..anyway i really am gonna try this out..i got the stuff in the mail now. so if it works im not gonna make a buisness out of it or anything like Justin has but more of a heres these if you want to try them they worked in mine just pay for shipping and the parts..you know..BUT that is if i even get it to look like.ima do some enhanceing of that idea anyway..but these would be very cheap that people can get from me so they dont spend 100s of dollars for halos and find that they dont even like them. then try to send them back to people like Justin and give him a hard time about returning them.all that just cause they dont like what they bought..if that makes any sense.
Sorry dude, I didn't mean to kill your business.

But in all fairness 90% of the people that look at this video cannot do it and if I wasn't experienced - I sure as hell wouldn't take a shot doing it with my new Camaro .
Rickscamero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:04 PM   #59
Rtoups

Drives: RJT 2LT
You can switch the colors! I'm convinced. You get my money.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #60
NightHawkSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro
thanks Justin
ya im interested in getting them with a switch
Old 07-28-2009, 02:05 PM   #61
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
At your GM dealer for about $680 US. ($1485 CDN)
At a .92 cent dollar? What a hose job!
Old 07-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #62
H3LLJumper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS VIN#11184
Do you have a website?
H3LLJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:03 PM   #63
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
Mohrg,

Look at this link and see if this is what I think it is? I just started looking for these lights so I'm not sure if this is the standard or the Halo even though they claim its for the RS package.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...mber=pkehidkit

from what i seen at that site those are HIDS..hids are not halos from what ive seen they are a different headlamp. the bulbs in the headlight that are crazy bright..but if you need specifics about HIDS im sure Justin can answer your questions.sorry bud.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:09 PM   #64
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickscamero View Post
Sorry dude, I didn't mean to kill your business.

But in all fairness 90% of the people that look at this video cannot do it and if I wasn't experienced - I sure as hell wouldn't take a shot doing it with my new Camaro .
Nah man i was just joking..LOL..like i said though ima try it out and see how it looks..but ima have AAC do mine hopefully and get it looking good..what im thinking of doing with that DIY is making them for people who have older cars and dont wanna spend a ton of money for lights. or sell em to people on the forums for the cost of utensils so they can see what a certain color looks like or just see what halos look like altogether before they go and spend a bunch of money at a company like AAC and then realize that what they got isnt what they were looking for and try to send them back to AAC and give those guys hell for something they had nothing to do with..LOL..but i may not even mess with it..i put a rod in the oven today for two minutes DIDNT EVEN PREHEAT and when i went to get it out nothing was in the oven..i thought someone had taken it out..looked very closely and the rod is now a plate at the bottom of the oven..LOL..but well see. would you guys buy halos if they werent a conventional style..like not circle or circular shaped??? like hearts or diamonds,chevy symbols would be nice too..but i was talking to justin about getting the star part of a pentagram around the light..i like heavey metal and i thought that or the chevy symbol would be incredible and get him even more buisness, cause ive been everywhere and havent found any halos that arent circular shaped..
Old 07-29-2009, 04:25 AM   #65
Jericho
Come see me.

Drives: Chevrolet Line-up
Send a message via Yahoo to Jericho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickscamero View Post
Look at the pic below. This is what I did with my G35 Coupe.

I had bought white halos but never installed them on my car, because I came up with a better idea... so I sold them to a friend.

I bought high projection beams and then went on e-bay and bought the strip LED lights. I placed them in a circle and used a strong adhesive to bond it to the housing of the light. The red strip LED (for 6 strips) costed me apx. 50 bucks.

I am considering of doing the same with my camaro (once i get it in a month - hopefully), although this time, I may go red with its own killswitch.
Now that's what I'm talking about right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtoups View Post
I think you could if you had 2 different LEDs in the halo, one white and one red. If each was hooked up to their own switch, you could turn both of them off, on, or choose between the two.
You could also do two ring sizes with a switch for back and forth or a kill switch on both period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
justin is it possible to do like green halos or a pentagram..im not into the whole pentagram thing but on my car it would look awesome with pentagram halos..LOL. I was referred to your site by a fellow forum member. but when i went there i couldnt find anything for the camaros. so i didnt bother to contact you. but i may have missed it or your just starting to make camaro halos and havent put them up yet..but ive been dieing for like a month for green BRIGHT green brilliant green halos..LOL..and if you can make them ill buy them now and will pay extra for faster delivery and ill pay extra for faster fabrication or whatever..i would just love to get them on my car asap. im not sure about halos in this state being illegal or not but why would chevy put them on cars stock if they are illegal..from what ive heard if the car comes stock "from the manufacturer" with something then it cant be illegal, well light wise i mean..but ive seen cars with factory tint get pulled over ticketed and the cops here made the person take a razor and cut the tint off themselves ruining the cars windows..im sure thats bull s%#t though. but PM me a cost or whatever you can do. ima PM you now with some contact info for me so we can hook up about this.

Do it, dooooo iiit, doooooo iiiiiiiiitt.
Vin#30271
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:29 AM   #66
Double O Nick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Send a message via AIM to Double O Nick
Hey I need eyeryones opinion I have a Cyber Grey 2LT with inferno orange. What color Halo lights would match the interior? The ambient lights are more red but the seats and panels are obviously orange what do you guys think?
Old 07-29-2009, 03:40 PM   #67
CustomCarWorx

Drives: 2013 THR ZL1 Black Vert
Halo's wanted for both Headlights and Fog lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
With CCFL we can design any shape really, for something as complicated as a pentagram we would outsource the work to a factory with computer controlled multi-cell glass bending equipment. It can be done, I am not sure how the overall effect would be...
AAC

I will take you up on the offer to develop Halo's for my 1LT non-rs head lamps and fog lights. What do you need me to do?
CustomCarWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #68
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

piss off im alreday doing it..LOL
Old 07-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #69
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomAutoWorx View Post
AAC

I will take you up on the offer to develop Halo's for my 1LT non-rs head lamps and fog lights. What do you need me to do?
hey man just kidding about the piss off thing.probably better to just email justing i mean PM him from this site. im sending him my headlights and foglights but he may do yours too for a different color car..i have this black/green with green halos and fogs so he may do yours too if its a different color..dont know for sure but never hurts to ask..thats what i did to get this forum started now we have halo companies doing stuff for us..before this thread i couldnt find halos for 2010 camaros anywhere yet..all other cars but ours..now im shipping my lights off to get halos tomorrow.lol.camaro5.com is awesome.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:04 AM   #70
Italianwhiplash

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger r/t
Good to see you guys on here :-) of course ill be going back to you guys for my camaro when it arrives
2009 Hemi Orange Dodge Challenger SRT-8 - 6 speed, Headers, exhaust, Super Charged,SMS Supercharger, 4.10 gears, stage 5 transmission, duel clutch, and the beast under the hood A 440 CI 7.2 LITER HEMI
On order victory Red 2ss RS Camaro, Parts already received ARH Headers, SLP loud Mouth I exhaust, waiting for Vortech SuperCharger.
Italianwhiplash is offline   Reply With Quote