Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-20-2014, 02:53 PM   #15
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
That article and the head to head of the 1LE and GT PP do a few things for me...

1) Makes me feel great about my 1LE
2) Makes me feel really good about the 6th Gen that is coming.
3) Let's me know that my modded '13 1LE is more than the next Mustang will be able to handle, even more so when I do the next round of mods.

I'll be more than content to keep my old girl until I upgrade to a Mid Engine C8.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Firefighter; 10-20-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:57 PM   #16
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Ford made a lot of mistakes with this car. It almost seems like they rushed the last 5% of it and screwed up every bit of that 5%. Not enough tire, odd suspension balance, exterior seems unfinished to me, etc. It reminds me of the 1999/2001 SVT Cobra. Let's hope they rectify this mistake the way they did for the Cobra with the 2003-2004.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:58 PM   #17
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
So cool that my old 1LE is still the best Pony/Muscle car you can buy.

So I wonder, how will Chevy top the 1LE? The handling and fun to drive will be hard to top. So give us the same car that you can see out of and a nicer interior, but can hang with an old 1LE at the track.

I know some of you will say the C6 Camaro will be lighter. I think it will be no lighter than the Mustang. The New Camaro is based on the CTS version of the Alpha platform. It will have some heavier hardware than the CTS/V Sport, but not all the luxo goodies. It is not too hard to guess the weight.

Still if Chevy can put out a HiPo version of the C6 as good as the 1LE the they can remain on top. Whatever it is named will not matter.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:59 PM   #18
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
I'm so glad that I stumbled on the 1LE when I was building my car online. I selected the black rims and then saw the 1LE for the first time. That car looked awesome and after a little research, it was more than cosmetics, so I had to have it. My car is my DD with 6280 miles on the clock in 5 months, I'm happier that a pig in mud.

Awesome to see how this car performs against it's competition. Thank You GM....
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:03 PM   #19
Z/Camaro

Drives: C8 and 280z/280zx/300zx
I've driven a lot of sports or sporty cars from old to new, modified and stock. I can say for certain the roughest ride I've been in is my previous 2010 370z NISMO. My current 1LE and Vette GS are so much smoother compared to my old NISMO. Hell, even my 77 280z fells better than the Z. Strictly talking about ride harshness. That being said the Z was amazing on the track.

Honestly the Camaro 1LE is one of the cars that stands out the most from cars I've owned or driven. It's just such a nice package and a big improvement over the regular 2010 SS we had before.
Z/Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:13 PM   #20
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post

So I wonder, how will Chevy top the 1LE? The handling and fun to drive will be hard to top. So give us the same car that you can see out of and a nicer interior, but can hang with an old 1LE at the track.

I know some of you will say the C6 Camaro will be lighter. I think it will be no lighter than the Mustang. The New Camaro is based on the CTS version of the Alpha platform. It will have some heavier hardware than the CTS/V Sport, but not all the luxo goodies. It is not too hard to guess the weight.

Still if Chevy can put out a HiPo version of the C6 as good as the 1LE the they can remain on top. Whatever it is named will not matter.
Actually, the 6th gen, C6 refers to 6th gen Corvette imo, seems to be around the ATS wheelbase and not the CTS wheelbase. I believe it will be lighter by around 150 to 200 lbs, have a better interior and perform significantly better. With the weight loss, better performing engine in the LT1 and better chassis, I don't see why the 6th gen 1LE couldn't outperform the current 1LE.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #21
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
The 1LE is totally bad ass and looking at the track diagram with the g's, man it just out handles the others. I know how rock solid my SS feels, can't imagine what the 1LE feels like. What a great option.

Re-thinking that I did not get it
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:41 PM   #22
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Actually, the 6th gen, C6 refers to 6th gen Corvette imo, seems to be around the ATS wheelbase and not the CTS wheelbase. I believe it will be lighter by around 150 to 200 lbs, have a better interior and perform significantly better. With the weight loss, better performing engine in the LT1 and better chassis, I don't see why the 6th gen 1LE couldn't outperform the current 1LE.
In context of the Camaro, C6 works I think. It's Camaro5. So maybe we can save alot of typing and call the next Camaro just 6. Only kidding.

I hope you are right, but I do not think so. We shall see.

Last edited by Fraxum; 10-21-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #23
big hammer

Drives: 2002 ws6
if dodge ever starts building lighter cars... look out.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:16 PM   #24
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
hahaha...
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:31 AM   #25
Spoolin

Drives: 2014 SW 1LE
Woop Woop!
Spoolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 01:00 AM   #26
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post

The next Gen, IMO, will be a slight evolution of the Camaro from it current state and will not blow the current model away but slightly improve. When you look at your 1LE and think if it was slightly smaller, and 150-300lbs lighter, added another 75hp and updated the interior and few other tweaks and Voila, 6th Gen Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/Camaro View Post
I've driven a lot of sports or sporty cars from old to new, modified and stock. I can say for certain the roughest ride I've been in is my previous 2010 370z NISMO. My current 1LE and Vette GS are so much smoother compared to my old NISMO. Hell, even my 77 280z fells better than the Z. Strictly talking about ride harshness. That being said the Z was amazing on the track.

Honestly the Camaro 1LE is one of the cars that stands out the most from cars I've owned or driven. It's just such a nice package and a big improvement over the regular 2010 SS we had before.
Also really liked my Nismo Z but I have to say I fit much better in a Camaro but it was a fun car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
ding, ding, ding. Winner! I could not agree more

Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
if dodge ever starts building lighter cars... look out.
The next gen Challenger will be lighter but only just, and it's getting down to our cars current weight. Dodge just needs to commit to making their car a competitor but not like they did with the HellCat and just throw a bunch of HP at it. I test drove an SRT8 before I got my ZL and it is a nice cruiser but just not up to the task of being a multi facet weapon.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:54 AM   #27
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
It's not good for the Mustang that they release a brand new vehicle and 2 automotive journalists say in a comparison that they are thinking of buying a 1LE.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:09 PM   #28
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
The 1LE is king!

When did they start putting the same Goodyear F1 tires on the Challenger as the 1LE?

Why they only put 245's all around on a car that heavy/powerful I'll never understand.