Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-16-2018, 11:08 PM   #15
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
I upgraded to a Z28 diff and I sold the factory 3.45 LSD off my car a month ago to some kid that was gonna put it in his G8. You can definitely find them in this forum in the classifieds

You have to remember: these cars are heavy and the more gear you can get in them, the better the car will respond

The additional mods required to get it into your V6 will definitely be worth the effot. Just take your time and buy everything littler by little. The install is not hard at all either

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:59 AM   #16
Moreair1

Drives: 2011 ss convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9fordkiller View Post
I upgraded to a Z28 diff and I sold the factory 3.45 LSD off my car a month ago to some kid that was gonna put it in his G8. You can definitely find them in this forum in the classifieds

You have to remember: these cars are heavy and the more gear you can get in them, the better the car will respond

The additional mods required to get it into your V6 will definitely be worth the effot. Just take your time and buy everything littler by little. The install is not hard at all either
How much did you get by chance? Im Going upgrade soon to a zl1 rear so i plan on selling the rear diff, halfshafts and driveshaft
Old 05-17-2018, 08:19 AM   #17
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
i sold it for $400 because the guy was local so i didnt have to package and ship or do paypal. worked out for both of us better that way

you can get around 5 to 6 +shipping if you wanna get top dollar for it. The pontiac G8 guys love the 3.45 diffs.

The stock 1LE axles and SS driveshaft i kept. The Z28 diff is a true direct bolt in for an LS3 car

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:17 PM   #18
Moreair1

Drives: 2011 ss convertible
Cool thank you for the info
Old 08-05-2020, 08:48 PM   #19
darcycook

Drives: 2013 v6 auto 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012SIMRS View Post
I did a 1le swap into my A6 not too long ago. I needed new hubs, axles, differential, the back half of an ss driveshaft, axle washers, and new axle nuts. I had to take the back half of a SS driveshaft and put it onto the front of my v6 driveshaft as the rear coupling from a V6 is too small/narrow to line up to the input of the differential. The driveshafts separate easily and just slide back together. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.
Hi I also own a 2013 A6. I have all the parts I actually took the VA a.k.a. pumpkin and put 371 years in Edit done professionally anyway I’m getting ready to do the swap how did you get your speedometer calculated correctly
darcycook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 01:01 AM   #20
Pearlj10

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
If you have HP Tuners, it’s a quick, free change. If not, you need a tuner or the dealer to calibrate the gear ratio so that the speedo reads correctly. $100 or so seems like a fair deal if you have to pay for it. If you don’t have a non-OEM tune yet, the money is definitely worth it and you’ll get the gear ration changed at the same time. Good luck.
Pearlj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 10:31 PM   #21
darcycook

Speedometer adjustment dealership?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlj10 View Post
If you have HP Tuners, it’s a quick, free change. If not, you need a tuner or the dealer to calibrate the gear ratio so that the speedo reads correctly. $100 or so seems like a fair deal if you have to pay for it. If you don’t have a non-OEM tune yet, the money is definitely worth it and you’ll get the gear ration changed at the same time. Good luck.
Let
A dealership can do this ?
Old 08-07-2020, 10:42 PM   #22
darcycook

Are there any post about the procedure to change the rear ends in the GEN5 Camaro v6 automatic changing out the AKA pumpkin parts and all axles brakes etc. I can’t find any post
Old 08-07-2020, 11:56 PM   #23
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcycook View Post
Are there any post about the procedure to change the rear ends in the GEN5 Camaro v6 automatic changing out the AKA pumpkin parts and all axles brakes etc. I can’t find any post
Here you go
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...=1#post8633998
Old 08-08-2020, 01:02 AM   #24
darcycook

V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajefe Couple View Post
Thanks assume
Old 08-08-2020, 01:55 AM   #25
'10CamaroDude
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
SS and V6 Manuals have larger diameter axles. So, if you wanted to swap you need
the wheel bearings from the Standard, which has more splines than the Automatic.
The same bearings fit in the knuckle, regardless of which model. The axles slide into
the bearing hub, which are all larger V6 standard, and SS auto or standard. Then
you also need the SS or V6 rear portion of the driveshaft, the part after the
carrier bearing.

I am actually using SS wheel bearings in front. For some reason, the standard
trans model/SS version wheel bearings were cheaper than the Automatic ones.

So, I have FAG/SKF V6 auto bearings rear, NAPA Proformer SS bearings up front.
I can see the difference in the size of the hole the axles slide into.
'10CamaroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 12:22 PM   #26
SuperSportCamaro
Banned

Drives: chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwi2112 View Post
Has anyone put a rear end out of a wrecked SS under their V6 car. Everyone says the V6 doesn't need a posi/limited slip rear end, not enough power to worry about it. My 71 Camaro that I grew up with had a limited slip and way less h.p. than my 2010 1LT. Why would they think it wouldn't benefit from a limited slip rear end.
If your V6 has a manual trans the you too are the proud owner of a Posi-Trac rear. If you have an Auto trans then...you are sh!t out of luck.
SuperSportCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 12:24 PM   #27
SuperSportCamaro
Banned

Drives: chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
If you have a manual then you already have the LS differential same as the SS. If not you can add it, however, I do believe its more than just the rear end swap, not positive though.
I think the gearing is different though from the SS and V6. Might even be a whole different unit.
SuperSportCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote