Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-23-2017, 09:49 AM   #1
Blackwolf666

Drives: 2013 camaro ss
Pre painted front bumper 2013

I got a puncture hole on my front bumper and it already had some scratches from driving on freeway alot
Had anyone ever purchased a pre painted bumper like this one... need to know if it will match the car mines is black thx...https://www.paintedautobodyparts.com...-product-view1
Blackwolf666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:58 PM   #2
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
interested in answers... I need a fender.. also black

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:10 PM   #3
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
I'd reach out to them to see what kind of warranty or guarantee of satisfaction and/or paint match quality guarantee they have before purchasing.

Black is pretty easy to match as long as they use the right paint code.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:14 PM   #4
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Paint varies
Paint fades

Which is why body shops use spray out cards to dial in the color. Once it matches the best it's going to match, then blend into adjacent panels.

Without doing that... chances of an off the shelf new part matching an old car... slim to none.

I was at a dealer once looking at 10+ new red trucks. All the same red paint code. Built at 3 different plants. I swear I was looking at 10+ different shades of red. A vehicle painted Tuesday can look a hair different than a vehicle painted Thursday. Just the nature of paint variation... atmospheric conditions, paint depth, guns got adjusted, tanks got stirred better one day, this one got painted right after a stir/ this one an hour later, this one got painted right after a tank fill... Not to even get into repair paint is totally different from manufacturing paint.

Cliff notes:

No, it won't match.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:42 PM   #5
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Paint varies
Paint fades

Which is why body shops use spray out cards to dial in the color. Once it matches the best it's going to match, then blend into adjacent panels.

Without doing that... chances of an off the shelf new part matching an old car... slim to none.

I was at a dealer once looking at 10+ new red trucks. All the same red paint code. Built at 3 different plants. I swear I was looking at 10+ different shades of red. A vehicle painted Tuesday can look a hair different than a vehicle painted Thursday. Just the nature of paint variation... atmospheric conditions, paint depth, guns got adjusted, tanks got stirred better one day, this one got painted right after a stir/ this one an hour later, this one got painted right after a tank fill... Not to even get into repair paint is totally different from manufacturing paint.

Cliff notes:

No, it won't match.

With that logic, paint will never match. So what, never replace anything because paint will never match?

In some aspects the above individual is correct, but I doubt it'll look bad and intolerable.

I purchased my front ZL1 bumper pre-painted and couldn't be happier... they used the right paint code.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:53 PM   #6
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Just had my car touch up painted roof and trunk ..matches fine, have heard people get parts from Garys customz or Doreen at Rodgers Chevrolet with no problems.....mine is a three stage paint.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:58 PM   #7
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
My bumper color doesn't match the fenders, from the factory.

I would be more concerned about the structure and shape of this 3rd party bumper.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:12 PM   #8
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Paint varies
Paint fades

Cliff notes:

No, it won't match.
Everything he said is right. Body shops have to fine tune your color to an old car, paint codes are just starting points for them.

Your car is almost 5 years old, do you really think the paint matches the exact paint code that was applied at the factory after 5 years of fading? How much has yours faded, that depends on did you keep it in a garage, how much sunlight did it get, how often did you wash/wax it etc etc? See what we mean there is no way to guarantee your paint can match based on a paint code alone.

Bottom line, it will most likely be off. The real question is how far off, and at what point of it being off will it bother you?

Last edited by Talladega; 10-23-2017 at 08:07 PM.
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:55 PM   #9
SuperChuck

Drives: 2013 1SS BlueRay Metallic
Did you ever pull the trigger here? I am actually looking at the same thing through the same company here. Wonder.....the same question.
SuperChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 07:40 AM   #10
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
I'd risk seeing if the prepainted bumper matches. I think "blends" are for lazy body shops that can't dial in the color by doing multiple spray outs.

Also, you don't want to go into virgin untouched OEM panels with factory paint just for a bumper. If they can match Spec's color for a bumper, they can do any color except for maybe a specialized tri-coat.

Silver is pretty tricky to match, from what I've read, and Spec's bumper matches perfectly from the pics I've seen on here. Don't get brainwashed into doing a blend because some shop says you need to.

Just my $.03.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 07:55 AM   #11
Jtmurillo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChuck View Post
Did you ever pull the trigger here? I am actually looking at the same thing through the same company here. Wonder.....the same question.
I’ve got a black 2010 SS bumper for sale if you need. It’s posted on FB marketplace titled “5th Gen Camaro SS Front Bumper” in Overland Park KS. May be able to find it that way or I could just post pictures on here. Let me know if interested.
Jtmurillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:17 PM   #12
Bluebagger06

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
Black matches great, I got front bumper and fender
Old 09-21-2020, 09:11 PM   #13
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
I ordered an Ebay pre painted Z28 style spoiler a couple months ago. It was spot on with my Cyber Gray Metallic.

Also, I ordered a pre painted fender for my mother's 2013 Cruze last night. We shall see how that turns out for only $190 lol. That one will be in Atlantis Blue Metallic 106V.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:56 PM   #14
LFX Camaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1ls
I ordered a pre painted fender off ebay to replace a dented OEM fender. The color was very close (AGM) and unless in direct light and you were looking closely at the clip you couldn't tell it was replaced. The quality of metal was much lower though. It only lasted about 18 months before I decided to put the dented OEM one back on.
LFX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote