Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2020, 07:40 AM   #1
ssyellow1
 
Drives: Mustang
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 59
New Member to the ZL1 Family

Hello all,

Been lurking on the forum for quite some time but finally made the jump into a ZL1. Coming from a 2015 S550 GT which got driven up to 89K miles and was a fantastic car.

Located in the Metro Detroit area, so I'm sure I'll see some of you around.

- Is there perhaps a device that can override the NPP exhaust to stay open all the time, but also has the functionality to switch back to stock programming when asked?
Attached Images
  
ssyellow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 08:22 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
 
Drives: '19 Corvette Stingray
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast of Houston, Texas
Posts: 20,017
CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.



oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
__________________
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 08:34 AM   #3
FasNuf
 
FasNuf's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Salem Oregon
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyellow1 View Post
Hello all,
- Is there perhaps a device that can override the NPP exhaust to stay open all the time, but also has the functionality to switch back to stock programming when asked?
Some just pull the fuse, others use a Mild to Wild. If you're really handy, you can find the ground wire for the NPP control and put a switch in yourself and have a 3 way system. (auto, off, on)
Welcome to the Camaro forums!
__________________
607whp/579wtq @ 11.6 psi, now no idea.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 02:39 PM   #4
BAD DAB


 
BAD DAB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,881
Welcome!
__________________


STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 04:49 PM   #5
witenite


 
witenite's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,569
Nice! Congrats!
__________________
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 08:36 PM   #6
ssyellow1
 
Drives: Mustang
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 59
Thanks to all for the welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
Some just pull the fuse, others use a Mild to Wild. If you're really handy, you can find the ground wire for the NPP control and put a switch in yourself and have a 3 way system. (auto, off, on)
Welcome to the Camaro forums!
If you pull the fuse, is that essentially max volume for the NPP system 24/7? I pulled mine, but it isn't quite as loud as I would have thought.

When you get on it, the car sounds great. Just feels like there's still a valve closing up some of the noise until you put the right foot down.
ssyellow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:54 AM   #7
Sorange
 
Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 10
Welcome, from another Michigander! (Grand Rapids) I am currently working on a deal on a ZL1 1LE so I soon will have my first Camaro as well!
Sorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:16 PM   #8
ssyellow1
 
Drives: Mustang
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorange View Post
Welcome, from another Michigander! (Grand Rapids) I am currently working on a deal on a ZL1 1LE so I soon will have my first Camaro as well!
Nice! Might see me venturing out that way every now and then.

You will enjoy it, especially if you're coming from something at a similar power level like my Mustang.
ssyellow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:34 PM   #9
Sorange
 
Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyellow1 View Post
Nice! Might see me venturing out that way every now and then.

You will enjoy it, especially if you're coming from something at a similar power level like my Mustang.
I'm enjoying it so far! only had it a week. I've always had Corvette's so its quite a change. Seating position takes some getting used to with how high the hood is on these cars! i'm coming from a 640whp C5 Z06. With the 100 less HP and added weight it feels slow. But the handling feels light years better, which is why I bought it! This will be much faster around the track!
Sorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 07:01 AM   #10
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!
 
Nothing like an SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 212
Welcome! Nice ride!
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 09:33 PM   #11
Pupilbone
 
Pupilbone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Grimsby, Ontario
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyellow1 View Post
Hello all,

Been lurking on the forum for quite some time but finally made the jump into a ZL1. Coming from a 2015 S550 GT which got driven up to 89K miles and was a fantastic car.

Located in the Metro Detroit area, so I'm sure I'll see some of you around.

- Is there perhaps a device that can override the NPP exhaust to stay open all the time, but also has the functionality to switch back to stock programming when asked?

Congrats on the ZL1 purchase, and welcome!
__________________


ZL1, Crush, TR6060 6M, Sunroof, Navigation, CF Hood Insert, PDR, 30% Tint, Racing Stripes, Cargo Mat

Garage Queen #2 - 1953 Mercury Meteor Customline
Pupilbone is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.