Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-12-2018, 09:02 AM   #15
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
The quality of these headers are great, I have had mine on for almost 2 years. Had plenty of clearance on both sides when I did the install, I wonder if it's the headers or the way the motor is bolted down on a few of the cars. Either way you should be fine.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:56 AM   #16
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen L99 View Post
When I bought mine I didn’t expect to have to massage them and they fit perfect. On the other hand, my roommates GTO has the nice $1200 kooks headers, and they rub the rack. Regardless, OP, just dimple the header where you need to... in the end it’s bent metal tubing.
That's a shame about your roommate's GTO. The difference is that Kooks will work with you to get them right, Speed Engineering tells you tough luck if you want a new set of headers to fit correctly, from what others have posted here. Glad to hear yours worked out well. They're a very good budget based header.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:06 PM   #17
4TFIFSS

Drives: 45th LS3
2012 LS3 and no fitment issues here.
4TFIFSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:15 PM   #18
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Just my .02 cents...
I had the same exact problem. I emailed them and they gave me the run around and said my engine mounts (with under 40k miles) were bad. They sent me this big long tale about how they use jigs and it cant be their issue blah blah blah... I ended up just making a small dimple and living with it. Still would buy them again. Still the best bang for the buck. Good headers, bad customer service.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:47 PM   #19
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
I have installed numerous sets of headers in 5th gens ,and have yet to have any fitment issues. Check your motor mounts first if they are worn out you need to replace them . You paid for headers that fit . Sure you can hammer fit them ,but why the hell should you have to just because their quality control sucks. Oats that have been through the horse are always cheaper than oats that haven't .