Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-06-2018, 03:54 PM   #43
Starfall
1bad6

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry16 View Post
Im 16 man, i cant afford the v8 yet. No point in bieng mean. Just seems rude.

Unfortunately, you will get a lot of hate from v8 owners on this forum, there is no “camaro brotherhood” here, if you don’t own a v8 you’re nothing.

The problem with that guy is that he doesn’t know that sound is subjective, or that different people like different things.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:10 PM   #44
Chris49066SS

Drives: 2010 SS L99
When I was 16 I had a '94 Buick Regal... but I always dreamed of having a car with a V-8, and wanted to do anything I could do to increase performance. Honestly, I would say just do everything you possibly can that works with your budget to increase performance, which includes suspension as well as upgrades to the engine/drivetrain/forced induction, etc. Also, during this time, learn about what others have done to include your V-6 AND the V-8 applications so that eventually, when you are financially able to make the decision, you're making an informed one.
Chris49066SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:27 PM   #45
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
to the OP, the sound of your exhaust is subjective. my advice to you is to go to a local/reasonably local camaro meet and hear the cars in person and speak to the owners there that have the sound that you like

just about anything you do that alters the cats in anyway will almost surely trigger the CEL. That is the best advice ive seen from a few members that posted in your thread

good luck with your car

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:48 PM   #46
Buschman

Drives: 2018 ZL1 2015 1SS 1LE
OP just so you're aware, you are taking mod advice from a guy that started a thread titled "Engine Blown for Second Time"... Just saying.

Buschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:54 PM   #47
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Hey OP I gave you sound advice as a owner of 2 5thgens, a 2014 1LE and a 2014 convertible rs 3.6 full show car and as a technician about your cats and you wanna not take advice so cut them up then. Cut them up if you want but why keep asking after you were given both sides of the fence. The advice given to you that you won’t loose HP is crap. Does not matter if your natural aspirated or have forced induction. As I said above you need all supporting mods to go with such as cat delete and a TUNE more so on the 3.6 than any other platform.

My 1LE exhaust consists of long tubes, cat deletes and NPP mufflers (soon to change mufflers for preference). I can run without the mufflers and it wakes the dead. Only I drive the car so I just run what I want etc.

My rs Lfx exhaust consists of solo HFC w/ resonators to MRTv2 mufflers. I can run it without the mufflers and sounds great (good as it gets) but wife doesn’t like it that loud when she drives it. I find the lfx to really need the HFC and probably about all it needs . The solo HFC’s for the 3.6 has it down and for good reasons. Yeah it will set you back 800 for them but there’s reason and quality for them.

Not trying to give you a hard time but when I see bad advice given I cringe. If you can not tune the car then leave the cats alone honestly but it’s your car and good luck.