Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #99
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
I am told by some peeps that tires for the rs are cheaper than 19s. is that true? i am sure halos more expensive than halogen on non rs
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #100
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
I am told by some peeps that tires for the rs are cheaper than 19s. is that true? i am sure halos more expensive than halogen on non rs
Go to any online tire store yourself and price them. I think you'll find 20" tires are more $$$.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #101
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
Go to any online tire store yourself and price them. I think you'll find 20" tires are more $$$.

Bigger is almost always more expensive unless compared to something very rare, but 19 inch Camaro wheels aren't exactly rare.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #102
kevinw

Omg. supposed to test drive tonite. now 2nd time car not there. its now in a parade for tomorrow. they trying to sub it iut. american royal parade here. this car is a demo i think
Old 09-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #103
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
Omg. supposed to test drive tonite. now 2nd time car not there. its now in a parade for tomorrow. they trying to sub it iut. american royal parade here. this car is a demo i think
I hate to make this decision even more complicated for you, but I would shy away from a parade car. My convertible had 200 miles on it when I bought it new and I was told it was from test drives, and mainly moving back and forth between dealers to they could have a convertible on the lot. Later I found out it was also used in parades. After I got it home (I bought it at night) I discovered glitter all over the back seat. I assume it's from some pageant girl in the parade (and not a stripper riding in the back on a test drive ). Unfortunately I have learned that glitter is impossible to remove from perforated leather seats. It's there forever. The bigger issue is that they usually sit up on top of the rear seat on a convertible in a parade. The tops aren't built for that and as you probably know the Camaros are already prone to top issues without people sitting on them. Luckily I haven't had any issues with my top yet, but had I known what it was used for at the time I wouldn't have bought it.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #104
kevinw

Jr 1 good point about them sitting on the boot. aparantele the owner has car and they pulled from parade and they to have it tomorrow. i am fed up with the whole process. but since its a rsbi will check it out and look at miles. dealer insists it not a demo but it sure sounds like it
Old 09-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #105
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Hey Kevin I've been into cars for many years and most of time they don't hold good resale so get what you like I ordered just this week 14 1 as without rs because of option I don't want to pay for and not use no plans to alter this car because I also have two others to play with 67 as chavelle and my 1 st car 70 as nova. I'm sure I'll catch grief over getting plain as but doesn't matter I'm paying note
wayne watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #106
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
Hey Kevin I've been into cars for many years and most of time they don't hold good resale so get what you like I ordered just this week 14 1 as without rs because of option I don't want to pay for and not use no plans to alter this car because I also have two others to play with 67 as chavelle and my 1 st car 70 as nova. I'm sure I'll catch grief over getting plain as but doesn't matter I'm paying note
Wow! sweet car collection. lucky you
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #107
kevinw

Bluebeast i dont want a nissan versa. i think these sre valid questions
Old 09-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #108
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
Good god. If your worried about the cost of a 20 inch tire vs. a 19 inch tire you might wanna think long and hard about a Nissan Versa. They come with 15s. Don't offer halos, and gets 35MPG.
Of course, you're right. No one should worry about the cost of ownership.

Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #109
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
Special ordered my 2011 2LT May 2010. Neither purchase price or resale value, nor the 2-1/2 month wait to get my Camaro my way was an issue. Where I drive (city low speed) and where I live (highrise w/underground parking) mostly determined the trim level of my Camaro. I live in Canada, my Camaro is my low mileage daily driver (less than 2000 miles a year & already have one summer only car garage queen), no place to store winter tires. That is why I did not want a 2SS (mostly city street stop n go), did not want summer tires that came with the RS option, did not want 20" wheels. When ordering, dealer offered 50% reduction off RS option but I did not want summer tires, did not want spoiler, did not want 20" wheels (did option for the 19" polished rims). RS headlights and painted roof moldings would have been nice for cosmetics but not worth the 1/2 price RS reduction to deal with buying/storing additional tires/wheels 5 months a year. Oh, yes, said I did not want a spoiler. Did not order the sunroof as I like the style of the roof without sunroof. Like sunroofs (had other cars with sunroofs and a number of convertibles) just personal I like the Camaro roof design without sunroof.

After decades of ordering new autos, suggest take the time and try to to find exactly what you want. Autos are expensive so why buy less than you want or more than you need. I think Camaro's are a good bang for the buck and after 3 years with my 2011 2LT (non RS) I have zero regrets.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #110
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
By now the OP should know which one he is buying.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #111
erik13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedrop View Post
i live in PA and ill be driving my SS on my stock pirellis come snow-time
you're not going to make it very far...
erik13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #112
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik13 View Post
you're not going to make it very far...
This. I was turning left to go under an overpass last night and the darn thing just broke loose as if I was wanting to drift. Of course bystanders were smiling thinking I did it on purpose, but they should have seen how tight my cheek had clinched when it happened.

I want stickier tires but I'm going to wait after Texas' harsher than hell winter!
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote