Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-16-2017, 05:06 PM   #1
neekoorgc

Drives: 2014 1LT Ashen grey
Unhappy catless...

EDIT: i don't have any intention to make my car sound like a v8 so please stop with the "you should have get a v8". thank you

Hi everyone.. i have a 2014 Lt camaro.. before deciding to get a blackheart hooker downpipes this is what my car sounds.

SETUP is: KN CAI,SLP LOUDMOUTH1, XPIPE(REGULAR NOT THE RESONATED) and a trifecta tune.

After adding the downpipes my car sounds shit now (not just rasp and drone,i know it would happen) and it won't go above 2.5k RPM like it used to, i mean i can slam the accelerator and it would go 3krpm but it would take such time.

http://imgur.com/ob4X62j
http://imgur.com/H5VkBF0
http://imgur.com/vU1HAYV

i dont know if this is a gap or what. here is the picture for reference

<<< 00:12 that's how my car sounds now.

i really need your expert advice. please help me.

thank you very much! -- neekoorgc - noob car guy
neekoorgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:24 PM   #2
Irace16

Drives: 2010 1SS RS M6
Those clearly are the wrong parts, you shouldn't even be running it with the gap on the head flange like that, you could burn a valve. Send the parts back. If that side fits that bad I imagine all the exhaust ports on the head are misaligned so that is probably why it won't wind up. I've never worked on a v6 but maybe they are for the earlier version of the engine. I've read that one of the versions you can't put headers on it... Not sure which one tho
Old 04-16-2017, 07:55 PM   #3
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
I have a 2015 LT with factory downpipes, and I have that gap on both sides of that flange as well. That's probably not it.

What is the deal with your O2 sensors? Did you replace them or put your old ones back in? Are you sure you put the upstreams in and not the downstreams?
Jazzzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:00 PM   #4
neekoorgc

LFX is what you are talking about that cant get headers and mine is an LFX.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:03 PM   #5
neekoorgc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzzed View Post
I have a 2015 LT with factory downpipes, and I have that gap on both sides of that flange as well. That's probably not it.

What is the deal with your O2 sensors? Did you replace them or put your old ones back in? Are you sure you put the upstreams in and not the downstreams?
@jazzzed: good question with the o2 sensors, im not a car guy really so i dont exactly know how those things work or can affect the new setup. but i think its the old one since the package i receive only had DOWNPIPES and SCREWS/BOLTS. and with the upstream or downstream, the muffler shop near me did the job, they also did my xpipe and muffler delete before this downpipe job.

ive just read o2sensors on google.

my friends(2 more knowledgable) told me im running rich, and my car sounds like a diesel truck now. pls help.

Last edited by neekoorgc; 04-16-2017 at 09:06 PM. Reason: added more words
Old 04-16-2017, 09:35 PM   #6
Jazzzed

The O2 sensors tell the computer if the engine is running rich or lean. The upstream ones are different than the downstream ones, so you can't mix them up. A muffler shop knows that though, so that's probably not the case, but it is a possibility if the dude wasn't paying attention. Is your car tuned or running the factory tune?
Old 04-16-2017, 09:43 PM   #7
neekoorgc

Quote:
The O2 sensors tell the computer if the engine is running rich or lean. The upstream ones are different than the downstream ones, so you can't mix them up. A muffler shop knows that though, so that's probably not the case, but it is a possibility if the dude wasn't paying attention. Is your car tuned or running the factory tune?
Its tuned by TRIFECTA. ill go back anyway to the muffler shop tomorrow to let them see about the gap im talking about, i already emailed and messaged(FB) holley performance but they never replied yet.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:50 PM   #8
Jazzzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by neekoorgc View Post
Its tuned by TRIFECTA. ill go back anyway to the muffler shop tomorrow to let them see about the gap im talking about, i already emailed and messaged(FB) holley performance but they never replied yet.
Well as I mentioned, I also have the gap with the factory cats. I don't think that is going to be your problem. Do you feel exhaust blowing out when you put your hand there?

If you're going to the muffler shop tomorrow, just have them confirm that the O2 sensors were re-installed correctly. Beyond that, I think your solution is going to be a retune with Trifecta.

Incidentally, does the car run any better when it is completely cold?
Old 04-16-2017, 10:22 PM   #9
neekoorgc

sh*t, i deleted the last comment, i was about to delete my comment and quote you in it. but here was my reply to you..

you are actually right, my car sounds like shit when i try to accelerate from 41mph above. as i mentioned above the link, it sounds like civic. also, my car is having a very hard time going up 3k RPM.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:23 PM   #10
neekoorgc

Quote:
Well as I mentioned, I also have the gap with the factory cats. I don't think that is going to be your problem. Do you feel exhaust blowing out when you put your hand there?

If you're going to the muffler shop tomorrow, just have them confirm that the O2 sensors were re-installed correctly. Beyond that, I think your solution is going to be a retune with Trifecta.

Incidentally, does the car run any better when it is completely cold?
nope, the car runs like it has less than 100hp in it. 0-40 feels like my rolla, and 40-60 sounds like civic. so everytime i drive to work, i have to stay in one lane because overtaking another car takes 5seconds instead of my usual 1.5 second..
Old 04-16-2017, 10:24 PM   #11
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace16 View Post
Those clearly are the wrong parts, you shouldn't even be running it with the gap on the head flange like that, you could burn a valve. Send the parts back. If that side fits that bad I imagine all the exhaust ports on the head are misaligned so that is probably why it won't wind up. I've never worked on a v6 but maybe they are for the earlier version of the engine. I've read that one of the versions you can't put headers on it... Not sure which one tho
Agreed. How the hell did the exhaust shop not stop dead in their tracks when they saw this?

There is no way that is sealing the head to the flange.

Stevie Wonder's Muffler Shop?
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:51 PM   #12
neekoorgc

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Agreed. How the hell did the exhaust shop not stop dead in their tracks when they saw this?

There is no way that is sealing the head to the flange.

Stevie Wonder's Muffler Shop?
MUFFLER MAN of DELTONA FLORIDA. lol
Old 04-17-2017, 09:23 AM   #13
neekoorgc

holley performance just replied to my email. and they said that the downpipes should be pair to their full exhaust setup. i think its BS because i know some people who runs catless downpipes but different exhaust setup. ive just emailed them that i will return the product. goodluck to me.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:55 AM   #14
Jazzzed

Again, your problem has nothing to do with the pipes. Its going to be an issue with the O2 sensors or the tune. Most likely the tune because now that you are catless, Trifecta needs to turn off the rear sensor.

Tags
catless downpipes, muffler, sixbanger, slp exhaust, tune