Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-27-2018, 03:13 PM   #183
DeanH

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS
When is enough...enough?

Prior to my heater core deciding to puke all over the interior of my Camaro, I had my eye on a leftover new 2017 Garnet Red 2SS. Am I being naive to believe that these same issues will not follow me to that car as well? I really do like the the styling of these cars, but the reliability rating has to be taking a seious hit. Dropping 39K on another turd is not what I really want to do.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:05 AM   #184
fly2hip8

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
Prior to my heater core deciding to puke all over the interior of my Camaro, I had my eye on a leftover new 2017 Garnet Red 2SS. Am I being naive to believe that these same issues will not follow me to that car as well? I really do like the the styling of these cars, but the reliability rating has to be taking a seious hit. Dropping 39K on another turd is not what I really want to do.
According camaro5.com "2014 Camaro Wins J.D. Power Vehicle Dependability Study"

Now, that being said parts do break. I wouldn't say all new camaros will break because your "turd" had problems. That is unfair generalization.
fly2hip8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 06:13 AM   #185
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysharker1 View Post
Yeah, they tried that with me. I had taken it in saying that I smell coolant inside, but of course they never did. When the warranty was up, it decides to start leaking coolant on the passenger side. I brought it in and they say "Yep, it's the heater core"....."No shit Sherlock!!" They told menu has to pay......HA!!! I called GM and told them I had taken the car to them 3 times while under warranty, and they found nothing.....now that the warranty is up their eyes are wide open. I don't think so......bottom line: They replaced the core FREE OF CHARGE!!!
Was this your 2016?
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote