Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-25-2015, 10:55 AM   #1
bosco200
Vet. USMC Machine Gunner

Drives: 2010 2SS Black with red stripes
!~VMAX Thottle body issue~!

So I about 2 days ago I installed the VMAX throttle body on my 2010 SS, and it was running great, great throttle response. I also have CAI intake as well, so last night im at a stop sign and figure why not get on it a little bit no bodies around, so I get get into second gear and I loose all power, "Engine Power Reduced" comes up on the screen, I pull over shut the car off, and it wont start, I pop the hood, and when Im looking I see that the rubber joint that connect my CAI to my throttle body is caved in, so I wiggled it around and it popped back out into its original form, and the car started right up, so my question is has this happen to anybody else and how should I go about fixing this, do they make metal joints that I could use, im just confused on why it happen in the first place.
bosco200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:35 AM   #2
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
doesn't sound like a VMAX issue persay.
Aftermarket cold air intakes do not have the same flexibility as the rubber 'bellows' elbow does on the factory parts. When you give the throttle a big kick in the arse, the whole engine twists relative to the frame, where your airbox is. You need to ensure the CAI elbow and rubber boot isn't at its edge of non-contact... then tighten the snot out of the stainless clamps.
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:49 PM   #3
bosco200
Vet. USMC Machine Gunner

Drives: 2010 2SS Black with red stripes
Alright I do that now, thanks for the help man
bosco200 is offline   Reply With Quote