Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 02-17-2015, 07:58 PM   #29
VEESIKS
formerly 2011Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM M6
Rakito have you taken a car with mods to Radley? Only reason I went to Lindsay was I heard to avoid Radley if you have mods-- turned out being a bad decision.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:47 AM   #30
SS4Fun
and that it is!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/ SLP ZL575 #70
You know, it's a tough call......... if you're happy with your dealer that's great!! The only reason I went to Lindsay was because of SLP but, SLP ended up fixing "Miss Thing". Previously, for warranty work I always went to Criswell in MD.

Have a local shop now (no longer under warranty because of years) in Leesburg that's GREAT!!!
Old 03-19-2015, 02:43 PM   #31
Pr0j3kt1

Drives: 2010 2SS
Just to put in my $.02.

Roberts Custom Exhaust did all my exhaust work, with the exception of long tube install (did that myself) and was very satisfied.
I bought my truck from Lindsay Chevrolet. That was the most painful car-buying experience ever. Their service department is just as annoying.
My truck has been in for 3 warranty visits.
First visit was to have the front passenger interior door panel replaced. Part took forever to be delivered (not their fault).
Second visit was recall & to have the driver seatback replaced as it wouldn't stay locked into place. When I told them about the seatback replacement, they said "Sure, we'll replace it upon recall visit". They didn't replace it.
After a few weeks, I noticed the chrome was peeling off one of my rims. I took pictures of both the seatback and the rim, contacted service and requested the parts be ordered prior to me driving 40 minutes to their shop. They required eyes on before ordering parts. Final visit they finally replaced the seatback and the rim.
Final annoyance was them calling me at 9PM at night for satisfaction surveys. Both times I declined and requested not to be called regarding surveys.

If I needed to go to a dealer, I'll be avoiding Lindsay.

Side note on the truck details - The rims were a "dealer" option. American Luxury Coach did some work to the truck, before I bought it, so the chrome on the wheels wasn't at fault of Chevy, GM or the dealer. Cheap rims from ALC. Will most likely replace them when I burn through the tires.
6" Fabtech, 35 Baja ATZ, FloPro Catback
Pr0j3kt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:24 PM   #32
Lazydog

Drives: 2012 ZL1 SOLD , 2013 SS and 1967 SS
Well it's mid March. My issues with Lindsay continue. Still making car payments. They did drop it off in my drive way last Friday. No notice, no invoice , car unlocked and dirty. Lindsay acts as if there three year olds having a tantrum. Oh yeah they forgot to leave a key. I'm waiting for a response from GM and Linsdsay addressing my lemon law and warranty issues. To be continued
Lazydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:43 AM   #33
Rakito
Thunderfury

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS M6 1/205
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEESIKS View Post
Rakito have you taken a car with mods to Radley? Only reason I went to Lindsay was I heard to avoid Radley if you have mods-- turned out being a bad decision.
Know this is old post but figured I would still reply.

I've taken my 2SS w/ GM's Exhaust (got installed there) and my CAI's Air Intake. They haven't given me any issues about it yet and actually said it made the car sound a lot better than stock. But I haven't fully modded out yet (headers, cats, etc). So I don't know how they will go from there, but mostly just plan to do maintenance there w/ my CPO free maintenance.
"Thunderfury"

Old Car:
"Blu Bee"
2011 Camaro LS Imperial Blue
HURST Short-Throw M6
--You will be missed good buddy--
Rakito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:50 AM   #34
VEESIKS
formerly 2011Camaro

Just a quick update I never posted a while back. After a painful back and forth with GM and Lindsay, finally got my engine replaced under warranty as it should have been. They knew I was leaving town and would not be available for about a week to pick it up so they shouldn't have been in any sort of rush. When I got the car back I found a laundry list of things that were not reinstalled properly that grew every time I looked at the car. Under the hood they left the lid to an oil bottle (not a big deal but shows attention to detail was not there), my PCV lines were routed incorrectly, I had to remove the intake manifold just to route all the vacuum lines the proper way, they had pinched a wire harness between my radiator and upper support on one end and the same harness was just hanging out between the radiator and engine on the other end (it is supposed to run behind the radiator supports along the edge of the front fascia, under the car the heat shield around the transmission tunnel was completely mangled up, half of my exhaust clamps weren't even tightened down and I slid my x-pipe right out without having to loosen anything, and multiple of my driveshaft bolts were only finger tight. Long story short I will never, for any reason, go back or recommend them to anyone. Upon their receipt of my survey saying I was dissatisfied, I got an email from the service writer telling me they worked so hard to get my engine covered blah blah when they had personally told me it was their opinion that it should not be covered from the start and they had made that known to the manager.....

Cliff notes: got car back all jacked up
stay far far away
Old 06-09-2015, 05:01 PM   #35
Jester06

Drives: 2013 White L99 SS
man reading these posts makes me wonder about my dealership lol. Has anyone had any problems with Ted Britt in Sterling? If so, I would like to hear

Current mods: Pfadt Tri-y Headers with Hi-Flow Cats, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle body, CAI intake by Cold Air Inductions, Apex Air Scoop/Washer relocation set, RX Catch Can, Stainless Works 3" retro Chambered cat back exhaust, Flex Fuel sensor, 3.91 gear ratio, BMR rear trailing arms, BMR Rear Toe rods

Future Mods: GPI's SS3 VVT cam, 3600 stall triple disc torque converter, Fast LSX 102mm throttle body
Jester06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:53 PM   #36
iPhoneNerd

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEESIKS View Post
Got my car home today and put it under a fine toothed comb-- found multiple lines routed incorrectly, wires pinched between radiator and radiator mount, a cap to an oil bottle, and for the big finish my car now gives me "Oil pressure low shut off engine" about a minute and a half after start up.
wow. good thing i did not end up going there
iPhoneNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:22 AM   #37
LWM

Drives: #54 ZL 550 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS,GIF
JESTER06

Have had no problems with Ted Britt Chevy Sterling…since Dec 2009…..but Glen (only) works on my car. Good luck!
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:04 PM   #38
VEESIKS
formerly 2011Camaro

To no surprise, I never received a follow up call or email post satisfaction survey even though I clicked "yes" on they can share my answers and info with GM and the dealership. Picked up a CTS-V and I have heard that Lindsay Cadillac has their act together but they're too far away for me to attempt it after all the issues at Lindsay Chevy.