Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-08-2015, 06:44 AM   #29
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
I cant wait to see new episodes. I have Amazon prime already I use it for work and home for the free quick shipping. I never really use the Amazon video or music but may soon now that i will have to set it up on my Apple tv and ruko's to watch top gear.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:59 AM   #30
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Yeah kind of curious how it will work for the episodes if you have to pay a dollar or two per episode (depending on if you have prime or not) or if they will be free to prime members.
vararam tune, ported TB, vr wedge, rod-mod intake, speed engineering LT's, 3" exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, MGW shifter, 160* t-stat, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.72 @112.36 - improvements coming
xc_SS/RS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:14 PM   #31
Hilflos

Drives: 2015 1SS / RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
http://jalopnik.com/clarkson-hammond...gea-1735217371

should be a hell of a first episode.
Awesome, the episode they really wanted to do, and were talking about just before Clarkson's incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I don't know a single person who has ditched their satellite or cable for Internet based programming. Will we be forced to some day probably, but I work in new houses all the time, and directtv and dishnetwork still show up on every job. I would bet that most of you that are claiming that this form of viewing is dead don't live in rural USA where in many places internet is still pretty slow.

I watched these guys all the time when the were on real TV and so did my car buddies. Not one of them, including me, is going to pay an extra 90 a month to watch one show. So boys, you lost many viewers here in central Pa.
$90.00 a year, but still rather a lot, if you're already paying for cable.

Bear in mind, what follows isn't in anyway criticizing your point. My Dad's actually fairly pissed about the show being online only, at least as far as we know now, because my folks are in rural Georgia, and bandwidth availability there is pretty much the same as it sound like being for you all. So, I can relate to where you're coming from.

Here in the Dayton / Cincy area, I can point toward any number of households that have "cut the cord." Those that haven't are retaining some form of cable or satellite TV primarily for sports.

For me, Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime, between them for a year, come to just under $400.00. The streams from any service can be pushed to any TV in the house from pretty much any device, including my phone, which is invariably wherever I am.

I'm coming at this from the perspective of someone who's been neck deep in IT since '93 or so. My housemates are also similarly immersed in the industry. So adapting to programming being streamed, instead of being provided through more traditional means, had almost no barrier of entry for us. That we've got ridiculous bandwidth available made it even easier. We will often have four or so streamed programs, and two or three online gaming sessions going, and no one suffers any lag or latency.

I wouldn't be surprised if some network, Velocity / Discovery or the like, licenses the shows for more traditional airings. There's money to be made from showing them, it will happen. You may see them six months after they're available online, but they'll still be out there.

Like folks mentioned earlier though, even if you don't have Prime, you can log on Amazon and pay a buck or so to view individual episodes, maybe a twenty to fifty for an entire season of something.

When better bandwidth does come to central Pennsylvania, I really suggest checking out some of the opportunities to stream stuff. Hanging out on the couch, pushing things up to the big screen is awesome. Just YouTube stuff, like HotRod or Motortrend is a good way to kill time, and the viewing accommodations can't be beat. Heck, I'll push some things to the living room, just to mess with my pets sometimes. It really is almost scifi like, what we can do with data these days.

Last edited by Hilflos; 10-08-2015 at 12:45 PM.
Hilflos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:43 PM   #32
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I don't know a single person who has ditched their satellite or cable for Internet based programming. Will we be forced to some day probably, but I work in new houses all the time, and directtv and dishnetwork still show up on every job. I would bet that most of you that are claiming that this form of viewing is dead don't live in rural USA where in many places internet is still pretty slow.

I watched these guys all the time when the were on real TV and so did my car buddies. Not one of them, including me, is going to pay an extra 90 a month to watch one show. So boys, you lost many viewers here in central Pa.

I don't consider myself young, but I cut the cable chord also. Between Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon prime my family hasn't complained. Only thing missing is news on the spot and sports. But between cable, Internet, three HD DVRs and HBO my monthly bill was almost 200 a month. Now it's only 50 a month for Internet and I'm debating on killing it also as my 4g is so good here and having no limit Sprint I may start just hot spotting all my devises.

None of my male coworkers have cable anymore.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:49 PM   #33
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Not a Prime member, so I won't be watching.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan coil overs, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Dynamat, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote