Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 04:40 PM   #99
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Yes

Click Picture for Build Thread
Old 12-17-2015, 04:43 PM   #100
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
nothing wrong with a v6, plenty of things to do depending on your budget

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
Old 12-17-2015, 04:47 PM   #101
MikosV6
Account Suspended

Drives: '15 Camaro 1LS/M6
It's funny reading the comments from some of the V8 people, especially 1LE owners, talking about how some V6 owners have a "complex" or that they could "care less about gas mileage" and all their other rationalizations of why they don't like V6's. I say, who cares.

If and when the need ever arises to shut them up for good and make them feel bad about their cars, I'll just get the Fabberge twin turbo kit. Until then, I'll just enjoy my powerful, high tech, state of the art V6 with DI, VVT, 4v per cylinder while getting up to 32.5 mpg on the highway and up to 20+ mpg in the city.

Anyway, I think some of these V8 1LE owners should be thinking about how they measure up to the new 6th gen SS instead of how much "better" they are over us V6er's. The regular, bone stock, run of the mill, 6th gen SS out performs their special 1LE's in all aspects. Imagine what the 6th gen 1LE is going to do.

So, instead of thinking about how they can make us feel bad about our purchases with these cleverly disguised posts like the OP started, they should be thinking about how the 6th gen is going to make them feel bad about their cars. And with some reports coming out of the 6th gen SS dipping down into the 11's bone stock, the 6th gen is going to make them feel really bad about their cars.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:58 PM   #102
The Dutchman
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikosV6 View Post
It's funny reading the comments from some of the V8 people, especially 1LE owners, talking about how some V6 owners have a "complex" or that they could "care less about gas mileage" and all their other rationalizations of why they don't like V6's. I say, who cares.

If and when the need ever arises to shut them up for good and make them feel bad about their cars, I'll just get the Fabberge twin turbo kit. Until then, I'll just enjoy my powerful, high tech, state of the art V6 with DI, VVT, 4v per cylinder while getting up to 32.5 mpg on the highway and up to 20+ mpg in the city.

Anyway, I think some of these V8 1LE owners should be thinking about how they measure up to the new 6th gen SS instead of how much "better" they are over us V6er's. The regular, bone stock, run of the mill, 6th gen SS out performs their special 1LE's in all aspects. Imagine what the 6th gen 1LE is going to do.

So, instead of thinking about how they can make us feel bad about our purchases with these cleverly disguised posts like the OP started, they should be thinking about how the 6th gen is going to make them feel bad about their cars. And with some reports coming out of the 6th gen SS dipping down into the 11's bone stock, the 6th gen is going to make them feel really bad about their cars.
Why you mad bro?
Old 12-17-2015, 05:06 PM   #103
stock block

Drives: 2015 zl1
Use what you got to get what you want , I'm talking about girls of course. Does it even matter what some dude thinks about you or your car (it does not ). As long as your happy there will be nothing to feel shame over. Unless you dent or scratch that sweet car of yours lol
Old 12-17-2015, 05:13 PM   #104
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
Always find it humorous when V6 guys come in these threads and feel the need to justify their purchase to people on the internet.. This thread didn't disappoint.

Anyways.. should you be ashamed OP? No. Your car looks very nice. I don't know why owning a practically new car would be anything to be embarrassed about. The common person won't know if it's a V6 or V8 anyways. But you're always going to have haters in the car community. Whether it's manufacturer vs. manufacturer, import vs. domestic, V6 vs. V8 (vs. 4 cyl. lol), etc. there's always going to be someone out there who doesn't like your car or thinks theirs is superior.

The car obviously means more to you based on your post and as long as YOU'RE happy with it, that's all that matters.
Old 12-17-2015, 05:16 PM   #105
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
And with some reports coming out of the 6th gen SS dipping down into the 11's bone stock, the 6th gen is going to make them feel really bad about their cars.

Here we go again with the magazine hype. Let's wait and see what real people are doing with stock 2016s before we start feeling bad, ok.
Old 12-17-2015, 05:18 PM   #106
upstater

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Conv built 5/25/15
I always drive my V6 with sunglasses and a hat pulled down low. Sounds shameful, but......

It is a vert in FL.
Old 12-17-2015, 05:22 PM   #107
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
Here we go again with the magazine hype. Let's wait and see what real people are doing with stock 2016s before we start feeling bad, ok.
The wait for times from the drag strip is over.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...16#post8786116
Old 12-17-2015, 05:26 PM   #108
Michaels2011

Drives: 2014 2lt/RS
Owned a 2011 lS & now a 2014 2LT/RS. They were/are my daily driver...70 miles round trip.... Don't regret either....Miles of smiles....

K&N cai..... WCC underhood lighting.... 1LE strut tower brace.... Custom painted Fuse box/engine covers & strut tower brace.... Pfadt 1.25 lowering springs.....Ghosted side markers.....
Old 12-17-2015, 05:26 PM   #109
rickyrocket

Drives: 2015 blk 1 SS
Having owned both a 1LS & now a 1SS,I'd say be happy with what you have, add the CAI/mrt2 combo & be happy,you can only go so fast
Old 12-17-2015, 05:34 PM   #110
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:

WUT?
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2015, 05:40 PM   #111
swagner

Drives: 2015 2LT RS
Okay I think ashamed was a strong word to use. Just wanted the opinion of some knowledgeable people. At least this site only has a few haters compared to the rest of the internet which is 80% ignorance. Yeah I hear you guys though just wanted to see if the few morons I talked to didn't speak for most camaro owners. I'm pretty new to nice cars so I'm still learning.
Old 12-17-2015, 05:43 PM   #112
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagner View Post
Okay I think ashamed was a strong word to use. Just wanted the opinion of some knowledgeable people. At least this site only has a few haters compared to the rest of the internet which is 80% ignorance. Yeah I hear you guys though just wanted to see if the few morons I talked to didn't speak for most camaro owners. I'm pretty new to nice cars so I'm still learning.
You have a Camaro, nothing to be ashamed of!

Closed Thread