Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-29-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs, 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 GTO
***OFFICIAL** Whiteside Customs SEMA TEASER***

For Immediate release:

Well it’s that time of year again. After a summer that seemed to last forever and unbelievably high temps the weather is finally starting to cool down. The end of the racing season is drawing closer and the auto industry is gearing up for its year end party. That’s right, the SEMA show in Las Vegas is just around the corner. As always we don’t expect the SEMA show to disappoint us with the amount of automotive eye candy on display. However, like you, I wanted to see if I could score a sneak peak at some of the upcoming builds for the show. Recently I sat down with Mike White of Whiteside Customs, INC. in McKinney, Texas to see what their plans were for the show. I wasn’t quite prepared to hear what he had to say but to say I was excited would be a severe understatement. Read below for the interview.

Q: So what are you guys planning for this years SEMA show?

MW: The easy answer is a 2011 Camaro v6 in synergy green. But this isn’t your ordinary SEMA show car. Our plan is to build something that not only looks good but performs well too.

Q: Why choose a V6?

MW: Most people don’t know this but I was the creative force behind the V6 project that was supposed to debut in 2009 to take on the Nissan GTR. At the time I was trying to work with another shop to make the project come together. At the end we just couldn’t get things to work out and we put the project off.

Q: So you’re telling me you’re building a V6 Camaro to take on the GTR? Is that what I just heard?
MW: Well, yeah.

Q: So what’s the difference now that allows you to be able to build the car that wasn’t possible in 2009?

MW: A lot of things. To sit here and tell you that this was easy to pull off would simply be a lie. But we know a lot more about the Camaro LLT motor than we did in 2009. We know where its weaknesses are so that we can address them in order to meet our goal. We have had an AMAZING amount of support from Justice Racing Engines and RX Performance to help weed through the details to make this possible.

Q: Ok, but the GTR is a pretty lofty goal. Do you really think you have a chance at beating it?

MW: If I didn’t I don’t think we’d be sitting here talking. The bottom line is we won’t know the answer until we put this monster on the track and prove what she can do. But I’m pretty confident that we have a winning combination.

Q: And what is that combination?

MW: Nice try, but I can’t give away all the secrets just yet. I can tell you we will have over 500rwhp using a twin turbo kit from RX Performance. We have a forged bottom end thanks to Justice racing Engines. We’ll be using BC Racing ER series coilovers with Whiteline Suspension bushing package and TOYO R888 rubber to help put the power down. Trust me though when I tell you that there is a TON of technology going into this thing. We have some tricks up our sleeve.

A 2011 V6 Twin Turbo Camaro to take on one of the worlds highest performing supercars, the Nissan GTR. So we’ve heard this before obviously. But let me be the first to tell you if anyone can pull this off it’s going to be Whiteside Customs. Having seen where they are with the project I am more than a little excited to see the finished product. You can check it out for yourselves when it debuts at the 2011 SEMA Show in the Dynocom Industries booth #20717. Good luck Guys!

Written by R. Jamison

You've seen the build photos and now we're here to reveal that Whiteside Customs is building a v6 TT 2011 Camaro for the 2011 SEMA show in Las Vegas!

Stay tuned. Official Press release is set for Monday Oct 3rd.
Whiteside Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6

Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:52 PM   #3
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
LOVE the wood grain

J/K
I like where this is going...
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goo View Post
LOVE the wood grain

J/K

We're bringing back the side wood paneling!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:57 PM   #5
Demon Hunter

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LT
Nice. Was kind of really hoping it was supercharged though....
Old 09-30-2011, 10:11 AM   #6
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goo View Post
LOVE the wood grain

J/K
Hopefully it's not on the outside of the car lol.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:30 AM   #7
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

LOL to put your guys minds at ease. That is my desk. not the car!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Old 09-30-2011, 10:47 AM   #9
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Old 09-30-2011, 10:49 AM   #10
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside Customs View Post
LOL to put your guys minds at ease. That is my desk. not the car!
Damn!

But really, knowing the direction you guys are going, you know the part of the build we are now all waiting for... The next tease should be the amount of boost...

Last edited by Goo; 10-01-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #11
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Old 09-30-2011, 09:44 PM   #12
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
i've been teased long enough!!! cant wait til the reveal tho..
Old 10-01-2011, 01:17 AM   #13
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
When will the kit be available? The more offerings the better. I can't wait. Turbo's in the front mid or back?
Ozzie RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:16 AM   #14
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro