Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #1527
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I know for a fact the bc racing ones are lighter than stock. How much lighter, I don't know. Mike from Whiteside said that they were almost on par with Pfadt but I'll do more searching and see if I can dig up some actual weight measurements.

Yea, no where near as bad as a corvette. If you can drive a corvette without problem, this will be a walk in the park for you. It's really not that bad. I absolutely love what the springs did for me in both the performance and aesthetics department.
Yup my main reason is aesthetic but the performance is jut icing on the cake. But did you get your car aligned afterwards? And if so if you don't mind me asking about how much was it? According to my dad I should be speeding somewhere in 100-125 for the alignment.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #1528
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Yup my main reason is aesthetic but the performance is jut icing on the cake. But did you get your car aligned afterwards? And if so if you don't mind me asking about how much was it? According to my dad I should be speeding somewhere in 100-125 for the alignment.
It's a good idea to get an alignment any time you mess with suspension. When I got my pedders bushing inserts installed my alignment cost me right around $100. It could have been cheaper but I asked my dealer to give me the pedders recommended alignment for OEM SS, so it was out of the norm.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #1529
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
You'll definitely need an alignment. What it costs, I can't really tell you with certainty. Your dad is right though, it'll probably be 100-125. I was the test car for pedder's v6 coils so I got a good deal on everything

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #1530
SixCyl

Quote:
You'll definitely need an alignment. What it costs, I can't really tell you with certainty. Your dad is right though, it'll probably be 100-125. I was the test car for pedder's v6 coils so I got a good deal on everything
Lucky SOB. I'd happily give my car for some testing and new parts.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #1531
lscamaro

Yea, it was a deal I couldn't pass up

Old 04-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #1532
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Figured the alignment was necessary just wanted to get your input on how much it was with you guys. But lucky you lscamaro. I wouldn't mind offering up my car for something like that for cheap mods
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #1533
SixCyl

Hey just a heads up that some of you may like. This website http://www.centerwatch.com/clinical-...locations.aspx

lists all the ongoing clinical studies in one's area and how much each one pays. There is a meningitis-b vaccine undergoing human trials right now and you get something close to $600. My fiance doesn't approve of me being a guinea pig but I figure some of you may be able to do it and put that money into your car.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #1534
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardi View Post
Same here. I got around 44,000 hell I hate to say it but I even drove it this winter when there wasn't snow on the ground. To me it's a car and its meant to be driven. My bumper gets rashed? Oh well just repaint it. Or swap a ZL1 front end
Same man, my car is my battle axe. I've had it three years now and every year I've driven in snow. Despite all that it still looks new inside and out, its all about how much care you put into your car. The vans at my job all have less than 30,000 miles yet they look like they have over 100,000. Just like age can be a number to some people, mileage can be that to cars.

I know what you mean though on the front bumpers man, my third one is literally on its way right now. Fortunately I got a job 5 minutes from my house that is all back roads so the car won't be seeing rush hour highway traffic anymore. I think that is where all the chips are from.

Quote:
Figured the alignment was necessary just
wanted to get your input on how much it was with you guys. But lucky you lscamaro. I wouldn't mind offering up my car for something like that for cheap mods
Uh oh...7,000 miles since my drop, no alignment...guess I need to add that to the list?
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:53 AM   #1535
Lombardi

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Same man, my car is my battle axe. I've had it three years now and every year I've driven in snow. Despite all that it still looks new inside and out, its all about how much care you put into your car. The vans at my job all have less than 30,000 miles yet they look like they have over 100,000. Just like age can be a number to some people, mileage can be that to cars.

I know what you mean though on the front bumpers man, my third one is literally on its way right now. Fortunately I got a job 5 minutes from my house that is all back roads so the car won't be seeing rush hour highway traffic anymore. I think that is where all the chips are from.

Uh oh...7,000 miles since my drop, no alignment...guess I need to add that to the list?

I work about a half hour out so I bought a jeep for the winter or I wouldn't make it too work. But when there wasn't snow if drive my camaro cus it was WAY better on gas. But I sold the jeep and bout a really nice eagle talon I found so now I can curb the camaro a little and get work done on her finally.
Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:00 AM   #1536
lscamaro

I guess living in south texas has its advantages, it never snows down here

Old 04-13-2013, 01:20 AM   #1537
Lombardi

Quote:
I'm hoping to go south southwest sometime soon. CT is going to crap with all these gun laws I need to go to a more free state. And better camaro season is good too
Old 04-13-2013, 01:54 AM   #1538
lscamaro

It's pretty nice out here.... except for summer. Where it's 100 degrees even in the shade lol

Old 04-13-2013, 02:07 AM   #1539
Lombardi

Quote:
It's pretty nice out here.... except for summer. Where it's 100 degrees even in the shade lol
For the price of no snow I can take it. Besides I'm a painter so I'm used to being inside a dry hot booth all day lol
Old 04-13-2013, 07:09 AM   #1540
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardi View Post
I work about a half hour out so I bought a jeep for the winter or I wouldn't make it too work. But when there wasn't snow if drive my camaro cus it was WAY better on gas. But I sold the jeep and bout a really nice eagle talon I found so now I can curb the camaro a little and get work done on her finally.
Lucky, I just don't have room for another car

Quote:
Honestly these cars with snow tires are extremely fun in the snow. They aren't easy but they are very predictable. You can easily do controlled drifts. Without snow tires though...count your blessings lol
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote