Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 07-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Talking Unbelievable!!!!

Well guys/gals, as of aproxiamtely 7:45 p.m. on July 8th, 2009 I am the completely overjoyed owner of a 2010 Chevy Camaro! She is an incredibly sharp looking IOM 2SS with the RS package and sunroof. However, she is still naked. Her stripes and GFX are on back order (7-10 days for stripes, 3-4 weeks for GFX). :(

I got "The Call" at 9:42 a.m. "Hey Rick, it's Lenny. I called customer care on Monday to make sure that your car wasn't effected by the tranny problem and I was told that your car was being returned to the factory to get the swap done. Then I checked the shipping info and it said it was still in route to the dealership. When I got here this morning I saw a IOM Camaro parked next to the building. I wasn't sure if it was yours or another lady that had ordered from us so I grabbed the VIN and sure enough its yours! I'm glad I didn't call with the bad info I got from customer care and stuck with the shipping info. Anyway, when are we going for that drive?"

Needless to say, I couldn't get off work fast enough. It has never taken so long to drive 5 miles in my life. I swear they moved the dealership farther from my shop and put it back after I got there. I had a cute little old couple debating on purchasing a Cyber Grey HHR in front of me so I would have to wait a few minutes to start my process.

Just as soon as Becky (awesome fleet salesperson at Paradise Chevrolet in Temecula) could get a free second she ran over and got the key for my baby so I could check her out while Lenny (equally awesome fleet salesperson at Paradise Chevrolet in Temecula) was assisting the older couple.

I ran over and opened her up, sat down, adjusted my seat and mirrors, let the hot air escape the cabin and tried to take everything in. Seeing this car in the bright sun was breathtaking. I had a feeling that it would look good, but never imagined it would look this good.

I spent about 15 minutes walking around her, opening the hood/trunk, etc before Lenny popped out and said "So, what do you think? Like I have to ask with that grin on your face. You ready for that ride?" I ran for my seat and fired her up for the first time. For those of you that have already done so, you can appreciate this, but I just sat there listening to her pur like a sleeping tiger. I slid her into reverse, backed away from the building and then drove out of the parking lot.

After not driving a true sports car for a while now, leaving the parking lot I looked like a rookie driver. My poor car was bucking like a mule that had a moron on her back. As soon as I hit 2nd she was fine. I felt like a tool, but she is a forgiving lady and understood. After putting 6 miles on her initial test drive, I parked her back in her delivered vechicles spot with a total of 14 miles on the OD.

I waited until my car came in so I would get the joy of having my baby be the first one I had the pleasure of driving. All I can say is WWWWWOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! GM/Build Team THANK YOU! This thing is a rocket that looks and feels amazing!!!!! GMAC, you guys are awesome too!

All I can say is this car is more amazing than I ever could have imagined.

When my wife stole her this morning she had 75 miles on her. Since my wife works 45 miles away, she will have put more miles on her than I have by the time she gets home this evening. :( I can live with that. If it wasn't for her I never would have been able to get the car in the first place. She gave up her car and a lot more so I could be able to tell you all that I love this car!

Thanks Baby!

Before I get the or you guys send a or a after me, I have spent a long time trying to find the digital camera (we have 2 so you wouldn't think it would be that hard right?) Just as soon as I can I will gadly post pic's of my new baby!
Old 07-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
rockyz1980
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: SS/RS RallyYellow/BlackStripes
Congrats dude!
rockyz1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:28 PM   #3
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Congratulations! My wife sacrificed a lot too. It took me 20 minutes just to get my nerves down and pull out of the parking lot.

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
I think I am weeping!!!! Great story. I really love the part:My poor car was bucking like a mule that had a moron on her back. As soon as I hit 2nd she was fine. Funnt $hit!! Enjoy that machine.
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyz1980 View Post
Congrats dude!
Thanks! This car is AWESOME!
Old 07-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #6
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribone View Post
Congratulations! My wife sacrificed a lot too. It took me 20 minutes just to get my nerves down and pull out of the parking lot.
Luckily I had a few minutes to get mine calmed down waiting on my salesman. Otherwise, it would have been ugly
Old 07-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
I think I am weeping!!!! Great story. I really love the part:My poor car was bucking like a mule that had a moron on her back. As soon as I hit 2nd she was fine. Funnt $hit!! Enjoy that machine.
I'm just gald no one was there to witness the disaster that was me trying to accelerate off the lot but my salesman. I'm sure it looked like I was .

She is truely a great car, one that I will never part with.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
tribone
Searchin' ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
I'm just gald no one was there to witness the disaster that was me trying to accelerate off the lot but my salesman. I'm sure it looked like I was .

She is truely a great car, one that I will never part with.
Enjoy her. I know I'm enjoying mine. Have you "baptized" her with a name yet?

-Guillermo
My Pictures
Old 07-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #9
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Same feeling here, Car is simply AWESOME
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #10
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Enjoy her. I know I'm enjoying mine. Have you "baptized" her with a name yet?
She hasn't told me what she wants to be called yet. I tried "Camy" last night but my brother-in-law informed me that was a character off of Street Fighter 2, so I'll keep looking. It's going to have to be something powerfull to go with her personality.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:54 PM   #11
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekel View Post
Same feeling here, Car is simply AWESOME
I was honestly torn when I saw RJT last week. I love that color! Nice choice!
Old 07-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #12
tribone
Searchin' ....

How about Carrie? Or Phoenix?

-Guillermo
My Pictures
Old 07-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #13
2010SSRSM6

Well, the wife just called and told me that I'm lucky I ordered the 6 speed other wise I wouldn't have a car. She loves it and is canseling her GT 500 order and ordering a Convertable! Whoooo hooooo!
Old 07-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #14
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
How about Carrie? Or Phoenix?
Pheonix sounds nice. What did you go with?