Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-25-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
veyron

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Black bowtie and de-badging ?

So finally I got my baby 2 days ago (Black/Inferno orange 2LT, 6 speed manual, RS package).

First of all I want to thank entire Camaro5 members and moderators, my buying experience would have been horrible without the information I obtained reading the forum. so big THANK YOU to all of you!

I want to upgrade to a black bow tie front and back. How is it done? Does the bow ties have to be swaped out? If so, where can I buy them? If they need to be painted, can you recomend anyone who already had it done? I live in Southern California.

And has anyone removed the "RS" badging? Does it leave any holes behind? Also the CAMARO lettering and GM badge on both sides on the fenders, do those leaves holes behind if removed?

I was also thinking of removing the GM badges but leaving the CAMARO letters but painting them black. I think to do that I need to order new lettering and have them painted then remove old lettering and apply new painted ones on the car, any ideas?
veyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
you can have the bowtie painted or there is vinal coverings from some companies here on the boards..congrats on your car
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
Timberline

Drives: 2010 SS/RS,LS3,M6,VR
I would expect that the RS, GM, "CAMARO" emblems are attached double sided tape and are simply stuck on like a sticker. The problem you will have is reattaching the "CAMARO" names on each fender is keeping them perfectly straight when you reapply them after painting.
The rear bowtie is bolted on. Use the vinyl stickers like ljustin293 said.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #4
19K3SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
The front bowtie attaches to the front grill with 4 tabs... clips in, tabs needs to be squeezed together to pull out... some say you have to take off the front fascia to get to the tabs, but the guy in the bodyshop at my dealership was able to swap out my front bowties in 30seconds w/out removing the fascia....
The rear bowtie is held on by 3M automotive tape. Yes, there are two holes left behind, and there are two "studs" on the back of the bowtie... only to ensure you don't end up w/ a crooked bowtie.
Your dealership's parts dept should be able to order you new bowties if you want, or their bodyshop should be able to paint them while still on the car... your call.

Here's my thread on mine: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32729
Old 07-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #5
veyron

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Thank you guys!!!
veyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #6
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
GM built you a great car. A little advertising for them isn't much to ask for. Be proud it's a Chevy!
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #7
SSCamaro2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss/rs
If we use the bowties on the car to turn black. What is the process in doing so.??
SSCamaro2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:17 PM   #8
World of Wheels

Drives: 2SS Spaceship
sand, primer, paint
World of Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #9
SSCamaro2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss/rs
Okay is there a way of getting the clear part of the bowtie off to be able to get the the bronze part,also I'm finding it hard to be ableto get it off, any suggestions?
SSCamaro2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #10
Defenderworx
Accessory Guru

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron View Post
So finally I got my baby 2 days ago (Black/Inferno orange 2LT, 6 speed manual, RS package).

First of all I want to thank entire Camaro5 members and moderators, my buying experience would have been horrible without the information I obtained reading the forum. so big THANK YOU to all of you!

I want to upgrade to a black bow tie front and back. How is it done? Does the bow ties have to be swaped out? If so, where can I buy them? If they need to be painted, can you recomend anyone who already had it done? I live in Southern California.

And has anyone removed the "RS" badging? Does it leave any holes behind? Also the CAMARO lettering and GM badge on both sides on the fenders, do those leaves holes behind if removed?

I was also thinking of removing the GM badges but leaving the CAMARO letters but painting them black. I think to do that I need to order new lettering and have them painted then remove old lettering and apply new painted ones on the car, any ideas?
We manufactured a front and rear replacement bowtie in black or chrome, GM Official Licensed. Please check out one of our vendors at http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Addicted-Auto-Accessories
Thanks!