Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-23-2017, 04:58 PM   #1
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
ZL1 Fog lamp upgrade

I currently have the ZL1 appearance package on my 2LT and currently have the factory fog lamps in which one just went out on the passenger side this evening. I am looking to upgrade to the LEDs. Which would be the better way to go?? Would the 80 watt be overkill or would the 50 watt be just the right amount of bright white? Does anyone have experience with these?

http://www.gen5diy.com/Camaro/Lighting/Light_Bulbs/ZL1_bulbs/h11-50-watt-5000k/

or

http://www.gen5diy.com/Camaro/Lighti...80-watt-5000k/

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:28 AM   #2
IH8OPEC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Drives: 2010 VR/W 2SS/RS L99
Those lights have zero output and are only for looks!

Try The retrofit Source for lights that actually have looks and light output!

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/le...led-bulbs.html
Old 06-27-2017, 04:11 PM   #3
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
I have the ZL1 front end with a Carbon Fiber grille. I have LED's in the Driving lights, but in the fog pods I put HID lights. Don't remember if the watts are 35 or 50, don't remember the color, but they are whiter than the factory fogs. They actually throw off some light and they have the low profile fog light pattern so they are actually useful. No apparent excess heat. I'll try to find more specs on the lights and repost.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:27 PM   #4
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by My 5th View Post
I have the ZL1 front end with a Carbon Fiber grille. I have LED's in the Driving lights, but in the fog pods I put HID lights. Don't remember if the watts are 35 or 50, don't remember the color, but they are whiter than the factory fogs. They actually throw off some light and they have the low profile fog light pattern so they are actually useful. No apparent excess heat. I'll try to find more specs on the lights and repost.
And how many times have you driven in the fog?

The factory fogs are not white because they will blind you in the fog.

Or are you referring to DRLs?
Old 06-27-2017, 05:50 PM   #5
blewbyyou

Drives: Dusk SE
Check diode dynamics web site. I have one of theiir products in my 13SS along with the harnes that keeps my DRL's on all the time. As said though output is not much more than stock bulbs more of a cosmetic thing.
blewbyyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:04 PM   #6
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
6000k for that bright white. 5000k will still have a yellowish hue. Just throwing it out there.

Interested in seeing that Carbon Fiber grille...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote