Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 11-13-2014, 08:37 PM   #743
10RsCamaro
Slow v6

Drives: Automatic Automobile
Send a message via Skype™ to 10RsCamaro
Super jelous of that driveshaft! I went the cheap route of the ss one.
10RsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #744
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Got everything installed except the driveshaft, I was on the front bolts that connect the shaft to the transmission plate and I stripped one out. The label says 57 ft-lbs, but I went back to when I installed my Mustang DSS and it was 45 ft-lbs. Have to see if I can find out what size the bolt is and heli-coil it.

This install has been a nightmare, will be sore for the next week.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:00 PM   #745
MagnumForceGB

Everything installed and took it for a quick drive to warm up the diff and let it cool down over night. I hope it breaks in better because on the coast side of the gears at 45-55 MPH is LOUD, very LOUD. I knew with the bushings it would be heard, but see if it calms down. Drive shaft will put the power down when you get on it.

Too cold to get traction in 2nd gear right now, might not even get it when it warms up, will have to see. But it will be nice to have both tires spinning at the water box, right now my right side has rubber built up at the rear, the left is clean.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #746
MagnumForceGB

Transmission tune needs updating, I managed to get on it during a 2nd gear pull and it hangs up around 7000 RPM waiting for the MPH to catch up.

This car has some serious top end power though, it accelerates quickly to 90 mph, should be interesting at the track.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:58 AM   #747
MagnumForceGB

Weather has warmed back up so I've been able to drive with the 3.91 gears more. Car pulls hard to red line in 2nd and 3rd gear, but hangs up because the shift points are screwed up. I get a little rumbling noise during hard acceleration, was told that is the LSD active, before I was just spinning one tire. The car is a beast with these gears, track times will be interesting.

Unfortunately both ECU and TCU tunes are bad, the ECU runs too rich and I get misfiring. I've been asking for updated tunes for the past 2 weeks, was told by Arno he would have them last weekend and nothing. I'm going to keep bugging them about this until they give me new tunes or they give me the software to update my own tune.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:36 PM   #748
MagnumForceGB

Still haven't gotten my updated tunes and I can't drive my car anymore. I was getting 6 codes all from the hard cold starts that happened with that crap tune. If your car was used to make the V60C1D tune that had longtubes, your headers are worse than stock.

I'm now looking at using HP Tuners to modify my tunes or retune my car completely. I can get all the small details worked out myself at the drag strip. When I called IPF about updating my tunes, Andy said just to drive around with the C10 tune which is the correct fuel trims but my speedometer would be off by a lot. 3.27 to 3.91 is a huge jump.

I also looked at my old trifecta datalogs from when I was NA, my car had 12 degrees of knock retard, no wonder my car was terrible. Vince never said my knock retard was high.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:29 PM   #749
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Still haven't gotten my updated tunes and I can't drive my car anymore. I was getting 6 codes all from the hard cold starts that happened with that crap tune. If your car was used to make the V60C1D tune that had longtubes, your headers are worse than stock.

I'm now looking at using HP Tuners to modify my tunes or retune my car completely. I can get all the small details worked out myself at the drag strip. When I called IPF about updating my tunes, Andy said just to drive around with the C10 tune which is the correct fuel trims but my speedometer would be off by a lot. 3.27 to 3.91 is a huge jump.

I also looked at my old trifecta datalogs from when I was NA, my car had 12 degrees of knock retard, no wonder my car was terrible. Vince never said my knock retard was high.
So are you saying the C1D tune is the only one where the speedometer is adjusted to your gears? The C10 is best for fuel trims, but not the speedometer is not adjusted?

Shame they can't just get you a C10 for 3.91 gears if that's the case.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:43 AM   #750
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
So are you saying the C1D tune is the only one where the speedometer is adjusted to your gears? The C10 is best for fuel trims, but not the speedometer is not adjusted?

Shame they can't just get you a C10 for 3.91 gears if that's the case.
Yeah, it has the pulse per rev corrected for 3.91 gears, but the C10 is for 3.27 gears.

The only thing I need for the ECU is the C10 corrected for 3.91 gears, then the TCU have the shift points updated which I provided them the numbers. THAT IS ALL!!! No fuel trims, no idle, nothing. This is the last thing I will ever need from them. The part that really pisses me off is I spent $450 for the ECU tune and $100 for the TCU tune, not the hardware. It cost me $70 for both the ECU and TCU tune on my 5.0 and I get way more support. For the amount IPF charges they should be giving us software so we can make minor changes ourselves. Hell, MPT allows me to change the shift firmness, idle RPM, and drive RPM on my $70 tune.

This is just frustrating me, I have had these gears for almost a month and have only gotten 100 miles on them. I need to put 500 miles before I do the first diff oil change, then another 1500 after that for another change. I am trying to help IPF out by showing what the potential of their kit is but I am getting zero help from them.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #751
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Man that sucks, hopefully you can get squared away with hptuner somehow. Who would you look at to do the tuning? Dought there's many options for a local dyno tune. Especially on the llt.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:17 PM   #752
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
This is the only drawback to the IPF kit imo... People that what to expand on what the kit is capable of are limited by tuning, more so if they are LLT owners. The LFX guys seem to have it pretty good if they have a local tuner w/ HPT or the like available.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:43 PM   #753
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
When I got my Supercharger and ran into problems with the tune, I got very little help from them, that's why J&M Motorsports went with HP tuners, Car is running great now.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:48 PM   #754
MagnumForceGB

Will have to tune it myself probably. The problem is that torque management, I see 450 grams/second at the top of my gears, the computer freaks out from all that power.

IPF need to change their support for tuning, it is ridiculous. If the release a kit for the CTS they are going to get hammered without getting more tuners.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:56 PM   #755
MagnumForceGB

I contacted BNR to see if Trifecta could send me a tune with updated stuff for the gears. I can load the IPF tune on top of it since the VSS parameters will stay the same.

Might see if someone local can download my IPF tune with HP Tuners, if I can modify their tune I will be in great shape.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #756
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
[QUOTE=MagnumForceGB;8092512]Will have to tune it myself probably. The problem is that torque management, I see 450 grams/second at the top of my gears, the computer freaks out from all that power.

That's where J&M ran into problems, torque management, but was able to cut it down
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote