Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-26-2020, 11:26 AM   #15
1LeSS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS VR 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I have one of the 32mm Pedders Bars out back. That might be part of why I have zero issues.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk
Im also running the Pedders 32ml swaybar.
BC Racing coil-overs, 32ml rear sway bar, Solid cradle bushing kit, Steel jacket radius rod bushes, JPSS caster bolt, Bo White TB, Granitelli HP coils, Apex Catchcan, Vortech V7 Ysi Supercharger, LSX B-15 engine, custom spec cam, and other stuff.
1LeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 11:29 AM   #16
1LeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_SS10 View Post
I'm reaching here. But how wide are your tires and how low are you? I had a problem with the inside of my tires (315's) hitting the wheel well and causing me to go left and right. As if the rear was steering. I had all the suspension mods that are in my sig below. I didn't realize how close the tire was to the wheel well liner. I couldn't figure it out until I pulled the wheel off. There were signs of the tires rubbing the plastic liner. I cut out part of the liner and rasied the car slightly. That fixed my problem.
I'm as low as I can go with the coil-overs and currently running 305's on the rear. There is no rubbage but I am definitely appreciating all the input here.!
BC Racing coil-overs, 32ml rear sway bar, Solid cradle bushing kit, Steel jacket radius rod bushes, JPSS caster bolt, Bo White TB, Granitelli HP coils, Apex Catchcan, Vortech V7 Ysi Supercharger, LSX B-15 engine, custom spec cam, and other stuff.
Old 05-26-2020, 11:48 AM   #17
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I'm just thinking out loud here but if you read the description of this it might be something to consider here.

http://m.bmrsuspension.com/?page=pro...productid=1171

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2020, 11:50 AM   #18
Firefighter

I think because you're at the upper end of the power spectrum (you're literally double where my car is at) you're seeing parts do weird shit most of us never will.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:41 PM   #19
1LeSS

Quote:
I'm just thinking out loud here but if you read the description of this it might be something to consider here.

http://m.bmrsuspension.com/?page=pro...productid=1171

Appreciate your input Firefighter. I live in northern BC, so my options for techy, knowledgable mechanics is pretty slim. I have found that in most cases, I do the research and then go to the mechanic of my choice and have him put the parts in. So far, this method has not worked in my favor.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:48 PM   #20
Firefighter

The way I'm thinking is if you're putting down almost 900HP you might need to go to solid everything. Wherever you can go delving, spherical, aluminum bushes etc. You're taxing the ever living shit out of all your bushings. They're going to flex. I'm surprised you're not snapping axles like crazy.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:49 AM   #21
1LeSS

Quote:
The way I'm thinking is if you're putting down almost 900HP you might need to go to solid everything. Wherever you can go delving, spherical, aluminum bushes etc. You're taxing the ever living shit out of all your bushings. They're going to flex. I'm surprised you're not snapping axles like crazy.

The drivetrain was upgraded to ZL! diff, and I put in 1000hp axles. That was after destroying the stock diff, and trans. Gotta pay if you wanna play!!

I never snapped an axle (touch wood). My buddies in SS Camaros did and they upgraded to the 1LE axles.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:45 AM   #22
Rons1le

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LeSS View Post
The drivetrain was upgraded to ZL! diff, and I put in 1000hp axles. That was after destroying the stock diff, and trans. Gotta pay if you wanna play!!

I never snapped an axle (touch wood). My buddies in SS Camaros did and they upgraded to the 1LE axles.
Were you running drag radials when you broke rear end and trans?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
2015 2SS RS 1LE NPP/w Kooks headers, Procharged, ID1050X injectors, Katech belt tensioner, Mighty Mouse Catch Can, BMR subframe connectors, Matco driveshaft loop, AEM Wideband/Boost/Fuel gauges , Z/28 Splitter and Spoiler/w Wicker bill, Power Stop rotors and brake pads, MRR Z/28 Rep Wheels 20" w/p zeros 285 fronts and 305 rears, ZL1 addons Rock guards and Tow hook, Rear window louvers, Flags on the quarter windows and the moonroof, Billet aluminum door handles.
Rons1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:47 AM   #23
Firefighter

Then really all you have left is all the bushings and stuff. You need to go solid everything.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:55 AM   #24
1LeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rons1le View Post
Were you running drag radials when you broke rear end and trans?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
No, but I was at the track and had 700rwhp back then. I launched and the rear end just disintegrated. the trans had started shifting poorly and I pulled it and had it rebuilt. It was in bad shape inside.

I don't drag race anymore. Strictly Hwy running and the odd road course day. I just love this car, guaranteed to bring me lots of smiles. I'm afraid that I am going to have to go the route that Firefighter is suggesting and go solid on everything in the rear cradle.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:57 PM   #25
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
What are your Alignment Numbers?
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:27 AM   #26
1LeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
What are your Alignment Numbers?
Hopefully, I have attached the alignment specs file properly.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Alignment specs.pdf (407.8 KB, 79 views)
Old 05-29-2020, 07:45 PM   #27
1LeSS

SOLVED

Solved.

Thanks to BMRSales for going over alignment numbers with me.
So a good alignment has Caster, camber, and toe (and other stuff but these ones really matter). I had a track carving alignment that I have always run and it has worked well but as BMR showed me. My toe was going the wrong way for what I needed to be done. This prompted a visit today to my alignment guy. When the car was put on the rack and the numbers came up...well there was a surprise.
The car issue was it wanted to go hard left when I put the pedal to the metal and I guess all that power can really move things around underneath because my left toe was not in line with the rest of the wheels...it was a mile out!! The torque had moved the centric ring throwing the left rear right out.
So seeing as I was there and making a change anyway, I plugged in BMRSales numbers that he gave me and viola, the car goes straight. If we ever get back to racing Ill have my racing alignment done, but for now, it is nice to just go straight when I put the hammer down.

Thanks to everyone that responded.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:51 PM   #28
Firefighter

Nice that was the cheapest fix you had on the table. I'm also pleased the solution came from some fellow FL boys.