Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 07-22-2015, 12:47 PM   #15
gtoimpulse

Drives: 2012 SS 45th, 2020 ZL1 1LE
I have the component coverage too. I have about 1 1/2 years left on it. When I originally requested it, the top had rub marks but no wear marks. It developed a small wear area recently so I figured better to put new fabric now and see how it plays out over the remaining time.
gtoimpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:12 PM   #16
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Dealer said they wouldn't retint the back window, which is not cool.

my dealer wouldn't re-tint my back window either for liability reasons, but they did reimburse me for the cost of me having it done. After I had it done I brought the receipt to them and they cut me a check, the $52 to them wasn't worth losing a me and my family as a customer seeing we have purchased 16 cars from them in 20 years.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:45 AM   #17
gtoimpulse

Just to give an update. It has been raining like crazy here for the past few weeks and I have not noticed any leaks. I also had the top down once or twice and no rubbing as far as I can tell.

GM also made arrangements to re-tint my window and they are out there today to complete the job.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:43 PM   #18
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
I am out of the 3/36 with about 45k on my 2012 what are my odds on getting a component coverage letter?
2012 Convert 2SS/RS SW/IO LS3 - Build #1081

07/21/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping.
08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
08/16/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
08/19/2011 - In my possession.
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 01:56 PM   #19
gtoimpulse

It can't hurt to try. If you have records of past issues it may be easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr View Post
I am out of the 3/36 with about 45k on my 2012 what are my odds on getting a component coverage letter?
Old 08-07-2015, 05:13 PM   #20
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
The dealer told me today that the rubber triangular shaped hanger/diverter piece that is fused to the water bag keeps falling off the area its supposed to hang on and thats why it keeps leaking into the drivers side rear floorboard. They're gonna put a small bolt through it so it stays on the little wall it hangs on.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:19 AM   #21
alberrt

Drives: 2012 LT1 RS Convertible
How are you getting your top replaced? My has a rub hole in it where the material hits the back when it is down. It is about 1/2 inch in diameter. Dealer told me that with 78k on the car they won't do anything! Had the recall done about 2 years ago and all they did was put some tape on the bows.

Love the car and it has no other marks on it other than the hole and some other rub marks on the top.
alberrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 12:51 AM   #22
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesch18 View Post
Looks like that little rubber piece on the weather strip in the corner in the little side back window is not right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
I *think* that looks o.k. Mine looks like that as well and my top is original.

Nesch18 is correct, the 1/4 window weather stripping is not installed correctly.

I had the same issue with my first top replacement and was told it was correct because the new cars on the lot "looked the same"

well let me tell you after 12 months that piece was torn to hell, it catches on the windows when you open and close the doors because it is to low and when you open the door the window drops to clear the weather stripping, but it doesn't clear that part and when you close the door it will crimp that piece and tear it over time and yes it creates a leak.

I just had my top replaced for the 4th time and I raised hell about that piece, and I got the same song and dance "well the new cars on the lot look like that"

I handed my keys to the service manager and told him to keep the car until they figure it out and install it correctly, because the car did not look like that when I bought it new and I had pictures to prove it.

they had the car 4 more days and ordered new pieces and reinstalled, and guess what, it doesn't sit like that, it is perfectly even with the door window strip, and doesn't catch the window when opening and closing.

that offset occurred when they reused the old pieces after putting on the new top and they now have play in them from being removed and replaced I would demand they order new strips and replace them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberrt View Post
How are you getting your top replaced? My has a rub hole in it where the material hits the back when it is down. It is about 1/2 inch in diameter. Dealer told me that with 78k on the car they won't do anything! Had the recall done about 2 years ago and all they did was put some tape on the bows.

Love the car and it has no other marks on it other than the hole and some other rub marks on the top.
most of us had them replaced under the 3/36, past that you are on your own, GM extended warranty specifically excludes the convertible top fabric and most of the related parts for the top including the frame and hydraulic system.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:27 AM   #23
smconroy843

Drives: Black with Tan convertible 2LT RS
I have a 2014 with beige top..mine as rub marks also..took to dealer already..they claim nothing was found to be causing this..after reading all these post, im very concerned. I love my beige top and dont want to lose that on my car. Im going to keep watching it for sure!
smconroy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:42 AM   #24
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by smconroy843 View Post
I have a 2014 with beige top..mine as rub marks also..took to dealer already..they claim nothing was found to be causing this..after reading all these post, im very concerned. I love my beige top and dont want to lose that on my car. Im going to keep watching it for sure!

find another dealer it is a well documented issue and there are multiple TSBs for it all the way thru the 2015 models
Old 09-01-2015, 08:22 PM   #25
Nesch18

Drives: 2013Camaro ZL1 Convertible
How long did it take for your dealer to have the top replaced? I am getting a new one at this time.
Nesch18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:05 PM   #26
gtoimpulse

It only took three days for the top replacement on mine.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:54 PM   #27
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberrt View Post

That's a result of the dealership simply not installing the top correctly. Mine had the same thing; the next dealerships I went to called the one that did it incorrectly & gave them hell, then installed a new top.

And I'm picking mine up tomorrow - one side leaked frequently & I found out there's a new designed water bag (in 2013) - there's 6 drains in the new ones vice 4 in the original one. I contacted Chevy about the issue - told them I wanted it changed before my modular component warranty expired. Chevy resisted, but the dealership convinced them to authorize the replacement.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:30 PM   #28
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Soooooo,

Got the new (updated design in 2013) water bag installed. And it is STILL leaking on the rear drivers floorboard. But it's only on the very left sidewall of the foot area & going out towards the center a little.

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE GET THIS DONE THE RIGHT WAY!!!!!!!