Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-16-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
nolimits76

Drives: '07 Titan CC
New!...and Lookin' for a Deal!!!

I posted this is the regional forum, but thought I would repost here since I haven't got a response.
--------------------------------

Hey all, new to the forum.

I am from the Tulsa area, and doing some price research. Curious if anyone can point me in the right direction for the best deals. I am looking for an SS for sure. But options are up for grabs. I’d like to keep the price as low to the $30k mark as possible, so probably an SS1, RS package, stripes & hurst throw shifter. Although I question the “value” of the RS package. And I am still tossing around the option of the auto-tranny. I know, almost blasphemy.

In years past I have driven to KC for a better deal. And I’m not beyond that now. In fact, I have a trip planned to Dallas area during Thanksgiving. It would be easy to swing by a dealership there for the best deal.

One last thing. I have a very close friend, more like a brother, that works at a local GMC dealership. He has already stated he will use whatever discounts he can get to help me, although he is not certain as he has always bought GMC/Pontiac in years past and not branched outside his own dealership.

Hope to hear some good input!
nolimits76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
Trying to help you, but not sure exactly.. what the question is. Looking for deals? Are you military? They get a discout. (Muahaha, I'll take mine, Thank You very much!) USAA member? They get one. (I'll take that too!!) What are you driving now? sometimes if your trading in a Chevy for a Chevy they have "Loyalty" discounts. If you have a "Ford" they might have a discount for that.. (they are trying to steal business from Ford, so.. they give you a discount for trading from Ford to Chevy)

The RS package gets you color matched roof ditches, if you dont go RS, they will be black. White car, orange car, green car.. (etc..) with black window seals. If that isnt an issue, cool. It also adds the RS "Halo" lights.. which to me at least, is part of what MAKES a Camaro. I couldnt go Camaro without RS, but thats me. If your mechanically inclined, you could buy the lights aftermarket and install them yourself.. but from my understanding, the wiring harnesses are wired differently, if you dont go RS, and install your own lights, they will function differently than someone who got RS.

If you go the Auto-tranny route, you wont have the added 300 something bucks for the hurst short throw.. thats a small money saver. If money is tight altogethor.. you dont have to HAVE the short throw.. but its a cool addition if you want it.

One way (work included) is most of the "SS Accessories" are available through GM.. you could go the LT route, BUY the accesories yourself, then instal them yourself, would save money, but means much more work to a brand new car.

A little to think about. Was that a help? If not.. I tried. Good luck in your search. I have an estimated delivery date of the 24th for my own 2SS, so.. I'll race ya.
~ Fury
SSFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
I just shipped one to Tulsa, to Blake... You can read his story here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111581

and keep an eye out for BLACK FRIDAY (search) specials
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:47 PM   #4
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Get your car from Scotty! He did a wonderful job getting the car I want (when there was less than 10 on a lot in the country). Today is my car's one month birthday with me and I am still as happy as I was a month ago. I can't thank Scott enough. Order from Scotty and your Camaro dreams will come true!! Look forward to seeing you on the Tulsa streets my friend

Good luck!
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Btw the RS option is the way to go. You are going to be upset when you don't get the halo lights. They define the car IMO. The Halo lights should be standard IMO. The regular lights look terrible and old.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:50 PM   #6
nolimits76

I should have clarified. I am not military. I do not belong to USAA. I do not have a GM card. Nor am I a member of the GM Credit Union. Aside from joining the military, I am willing to start new accounts, etc. to help get the best deal.

Right now, the only thing I have that may help me is my buddy that works at the local GMC dealership. He has stated he will use his employee status to get me a family/friends discount. But reading some posts on here, that *may* not yield the best deal.

In regards to the RS package...

---> I am 100% in on the HID's -- absolutely LOVE them and also think/wish they came standard.

---> The difference in the RS tail lights vs SS is pretty minimal.

---> I like the idea of getting 20" rims vs 19", but actually prefer the stock (brighter) color better. I am confused...I think I saw a post where maybe the 20" were summer only tires where the 19" were all-season -- is that right?

---> The roof ditch cover may be a moot point if I go black. Although I have been kicking around some different colors.

---> I am a little confused on the spoiler. Is there actually a difference between the stock SS spoiler and the one that comes in the RS package?

Last, but not least, Scotty I would love to talk with you about a new ride. I have no dying loyalty to the local Chevy dealers. If we ship in, could we use my buddy's GMC dealership? It's at least in the GM family. And I did some Google searches on Black Friday but didn't find any specifics, just that some lower pricing would be available. I actually prefer to buy something IN-STOCK and can wait until then to purchase to get a better deal.

Lastly, I am currently driving an '07 Nissan Titan Crew Cab. Not sure if Chevy has any rebates they will give me for converting to a Chevy (again). Owned several Chevrolet trucks in the past (new '98 Silverado to '02 Silverado to '04 Jeep Wrangler to '07 Nissan Titan). Not sure if any loyalty would apply since I'm an aged Chevy customer. FWIW, both my Chevy's were bought new.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:57 PM   #7
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
If you are getting an SS it will have 20" rims regardless... the 19's only come on the V6. So yes you will have summer only tires on it. If you like the brighter rims... opt for the polished aluminum, I think they look better too.

The spoiler is the same one, but the SS already has it anyway... it's only added to the V6.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:08 AM   #8
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
I hope some of those answers have helped. If you have any other concerns, just ask specific questions, and I'm sure we can all get you direct answers.
~ Fury
SSFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:44 AM   #9
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
Call Scotty at Newman Chevrolet in Cedarburg WI. and all your Camaro wishes will come true!!
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:28 AM   #10
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
If you're getting the 1SS, the $1200 RS basically gets you upgraded (HID/Halo) headlights. These can be added later (for a lot less) but it's a little messy. You also get painted roof ditch molding (vs. black), darker taillights, a different shade of paint (on the same wheels), and red "SS" badging (vs. white).

If you're looking to save money, this is a good place to start...

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:45 AM   #11
nolimits76

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg_98ta View Post
If you're getting the 1SS, the $1200 RS basically gets you upgraded (HID/Halo) headlights. These can be added later (for a lot less) but it's a little messy. You also get painted roof ditch molding (vs. black), darker taillights, a different shade of paint (on the same wheels), and red "SS" badging (vs. white).

If you're looking to save money, this is a good place to start...
That is a great summary and exactly what I discovered of the RS package. Seems like a rip to me when I compare what I really want (HID's) to the rest of the package (everything else).

Too bad, GM won't let us add the options individually and/or have more packages available. I'd like a package that combines HID's, 4-gauge cluster and bluetooth/USB connectivity on a SS1.

By the way, just how messy is the HID/Halo upgrade? Is it an EXACT replacement?
Old 11-17-2010, 09:00 AM   #12
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Drives: 68' & 70' Pontiac's /2004 D. Dakota
Welcome to

If your brother can't help, try our CamaroScotty, SSEric or BeckyD Dealers., they are great and will help you out, let them know your a member here.
Good luck, post pics once you find your Camaro.

The all new Convertible !, Welcome to the Fleet !
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:33 AM   #13
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
Welcome to

If your brother can't help, try our CamaroScotty, SSEric or BeckyD Dealers., they are great and will help you out, let them know your a member here.
Good luck, post pics once you find your Camaro.

The all new Convertible !, Welcome to the Fleet !
You forgot one!!

ME!
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #14
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Agreed.. The Halo lights should come STANDARD! The other lights are UGLY!