Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 11:18 AM   #99
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
The people who believe the issue is because it's an "American" car and imports never have issues are the heart of the problem with the big 3. Honda has more recalls than any other maufacturer and toyota had to recall tacoma's because the frame would rot out.

These issues are growing pains of an entirely new model. If you didn't want to deal with taking your car to the dealer a few times in the first year you should have bought a 2011. Anybody can tell you that.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:19 AM   #100
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
Glad I purchased an Automatic

Perhaps now, my order will finally be accepted by GM !

Ordered June 10th, 2009 and Still @ 1100

Attachment 38005

Not to knock you or anything do you realize they are still people waiting from October if not the beginning of this year. You have been waiting one month I waited 6. To me that’s almost insensitive to others anyhow I feel your pain it only gets worse with time and more time and more time.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #101
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Don't do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondain View Post
The tranny is a Tremec TR6060, a derivative of the T56......There should be NO reason we cant rev to 6000 RPM and dump the clutch. You dont think any owners of those other cars do that? The tranny isnt the problem, it has to be something specific with a certain batch.
As tempting as it is to drive like that, choose wisely whether you want your car in the shop, or having zero flaws and parked in your driveway....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
A couple of thoughts --

WHAT I RECOMMEND: (....from a PERSONAL viewpoint......)
DO NOT do 6,000 RPMS and then DUMP the clutch.
That's a foolish thing to do....regardless of what you are driving.
I'm not saying you have to 'baby' the car -- but don't go out and 'flog hell outta it!"

Last edited by 2001ragtop; 07-14-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:22 AM   #102
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
Not to knock you or anything do you realize they are still people waiting from October if not the beginning of this year. You have been waiting one month I waited 6. To me that’s almost insensitive to others anyhow I feel your pain it only gets worse with time and more time and more time.
How long you wait has nothing to do with your order in the build/delivery process. It all depends on your dealers allocation... If you've been waiting 6 months it's your own fault for not going to a dealer with allocations.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:23 AM   #103
Wareal

Drives: 911
It happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungo View Post
Umm ok, how about the new GTR when Launch Control is used it can seriously damage the vehicle when done too many times and Nissan is refusing the warranties!

or how about when the VW New Beetle was released in 1998 ALL OF THEM WERE RECALLED due to the fuse box on top of the battery possibly catching fire.

I had a 2000 Toyota Celica and the Spoiler bolts had the same problem

New 2009 VW Jetta's have a recall due to the driveshaft bolts backing out of the transmission.

I could go on and on with vehicle issues that have nothing to do with GM but I thnk you get the idea.

You are a systems engineer, good for you. I'm sure you took extensive classes in that field. IT IS NOT THE AUTOMOTIVE FIELD. It may be similar but it is not the same.

I give GM alot of credit for not allowing these cars to leave the plant due to a potential issue.

I'm sure GM is fully aware they are under a microscope which is probably why they are not allowing these cars to leave the factory and they are trying to resolve the problem in-house before they have to release an extensive recall.

I am waiting for a 2SS/RS/LS3 So my wait just got longer. I would much rather wait than have a broken car sitting on a lift in my GM dealership waiting for a part while I am still making payments on the car.
When the new Toyota Tundra came out they were snapping cam shafts like they were toothpicks.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:24 AM   #104
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
I think this is a brilliant strategy by GM to weed out the wimps! Want to eliminate whining, "problem" type customers? Just issue a statement of some kind about anything and see who bails out....those are the people you now won't have to sit on the phone with for hours listening to their whining and moaning about every STUPID LITTLE THING they can find to claim the sky is falling.

"Stress" over ordering, waiting for your order?? Give me a break; my GOD we have a lot of total pansies nowadays. Stress is sitting in a waiting room for hours hoping and praying someone you love makes it out of surgery alive and okay. Stress is laying on the table being prepared for that surgery. Stress is being in combat. Stress is wondering moment to moment if you're going to survive in a life-threatening situation.

Having to "wait" a few more days for your high performance luxury car? I'd be absolutely freaking ashamed to claim that was "stress".

Sorry, this thread has been quite a stunner to wake up to this morning... mostly because of some of the comments and the outbreak of chicken little-itis.

EVERY mass manufactured item has various issues along the way, especially one that's brand new and never been produced before. It happens... handle it. It isn't an "issue" until it can't be fixed or the manufacturer refuses to fix it; this isn't an issue. They're on it, they'll fix it. My car is supposed to go TWP on the 27th; do I want to see a delay? No of course not. Am I going to flop around on the floor, scream and whine if there is a delay? No of course not; I'll WAIT like an ADULT until they get this sorted out.

</rant>

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 07-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #105
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Yes, it should be built normally, but it will be held in Quality Control until they can be certain the issue is either fixed, or nonexistant.
???
Old 07-14-2009, 11:26 AM   #106
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Standard procedure, and we haven't heard otherwise, yet.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:32 AM   #107
edbrick

Drives: 2009 GXP -2007 MustangGT--Wife
Its amazing to me. The manual transmission has been around forever and such basic tech gets screwed up. Same crap with my 2007 Wrangler the clutch discs made a metallic grinding noise. With such a large recall at such a critical time I think its time to find a new transmission supplier.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:33 AM   #108
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Folks,

Very quickly, having just reviewed this thread quickly, I feel it allows me to see the issue pretty clearly, without getting into debating/responding to alot of the posts here.

*GM/Chevrolet should be commended for addressing the issue immediately, and NOT choosing to ingore it, therefore allowing them to identify and correct this issue asap.*

*Bashing GM/Chevrolet serves NO purpose. EVERY manufacturer has issue's. It's how they're handled which makes the difference. IMO, GM/Chevrolet is going above and beyond to rectify the problem.*

While I understand and appreciate everyone's opinions/thoughts/passion when it comes to Camaro, let's be open minded and look at the BIG picture - GM/Chevrolet has given "us" an awesome car. Let's appreciate that while realizing we're all human.

GM/Chevrolet has shown "us" the respect by bringing this "to light". Let's show the same respect by understanding.

Ed
Old 07-14-2009, 11:35 AM   #109
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
Alright everybody I just got a call from my dealer!!!

What he told me came from a GM employee who called the plant in Oshawa

and he said the only problem is with the short throw shifter!!!

Nothing is wrong with the regular Manual shifter!!!

So I hope Mods read this!!

He wasnt lying it came straight from the plant!!!!!

So there is no problem with the M6!!

The only constraint there is, is on the Short Throw Shifter!!
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
Old 07-14-2009, 11:36 AM   #110
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Folks,

Very quickly, having just reviewed this thread quickly, I feel it allows me to see the issue pretty clearly, without getting into debating/responding to alot of the posts here.

*GM/Chevrolet should be commended for addressing the issue immediately, and NOT choosing to ingore it, therefore allowing them to identify and correct this issue asap.*

*Bashing GM/Chevrolet serves NO purpose. EVERY manufacturer has issue's. It's how they're handled which makes the difference. IMO, GM/Chevrolet is going above and beyond to rectify the problem.*

While I understand and appreciate everyone's opinions/thoughts/passion when it comes to Camaro, let's be open minded and look at the BIG picture - GM/Chevrolet has given "us" an awesome car. Let's appreciate that while realizing we're all human.

GM/Chevrolet has shown "us" the respect by bringing this "to light". Let's show the same respect by understanding.

Ed
!!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #111
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-Maro View Post
The only constraint there is, is on the Short Throw Shifter!!
Did he call it a constraint? If so...you two might have been talking about different things.:(

What Team Camaro is investigating right now is a Quality issue, not the short-throw shifter...we'll know more in detail soon.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:44 AM   #112
smhss

Drives: '11 Silverado, '10 Camaro 2SS...
Send a message via Yahoo to smhss
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
Well said. I've been waiting since 10/15/08.

Closed Thread