Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-12-2015, 08:59 PM   #29
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Quote:
I think you will be going down the road of having your car at the dealership for many, many repeat and frustrating visits....I've seen it on here over the years dozens of times....
That's the point, they have voided my warranty.....ie a "tracked car", yes I am pissed, but I am done with contacting GM, I am a branding expert for a very large restaurant group. I know how large corporations operate and I will use that to my advantage. When I detail my car this saturday morning and park it out front (legally on the street) of Dublin Chevrolet and start walking up/down in front of the dealership with my giant sign that says "chevy refuses to fix my $45,000 Camaro with 11,000 miles" it is going to get someones attention. Hopefully channel 5.
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:09 PM   #30
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAPD77 View Post
Can someone point me to the issue about the clutch....didnt know there was one.
Or just google second gear grind camaro5
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2015, 09:11 PM   #31
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
That's the point, they have voided my warranty.....ie a "tracked car", yes I am pissed, but I am done with contacting GM, I am a branding expert for a very large restaurant group. I know how large corporations operate and I will use that to my advantage. When I detail my car this saturday morning and park it out front (legally on the street) of Dublin Chevrolet and start walking up/down in front of the dealership with my giant sign that says "chevy refuses to fix my $45,000 Camaro with 11,000 miles" it is going to get someones attention. Hopefully channel 5.
I had an issue with the first camaro I owned. Not a warranty issue but a dealer fraud issue. After speaking with a couple friends who are reputable attorneys they advised against me protesting outside of the dealership or contacting the news about my issue. They can easily sue you for slander, deformation of character, etc. even though it may not be true they have a lot deeper pockets than I do. It was just easier to fight and get what I wanted and leave the rest alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAPD77 View Post
Can someone point me to the issue about the clutch....didnt know there was one.
Or Google clutch issues camaro5
Attached Images

Last edited by CHMSC; 01-12-2015 at 09:23 PM.
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:37 PM   #32
tw78911sc

Drives: 14 1SS Camaro 1LE, NPP, Recaros
Good points, I was lucky and never needed to use the dealers with those cars. That being said I never had a car requiring you to flush a clutch multiple times a year and never burned the calipers off the car before. I have several friends that hammer their BMW M brakes and they are taken care of under warranty, cracked rotors and even the pads. The 1LE is sold as a track ready car, did they not think any would would use it that way? When a business makes Z/28, 1LE, Z06 models, you know those are the only people buying them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
Nissan voided your warranty if you owned a 2009 GT-R and used its launch control (that is standard) 5 times. Mitsubishi used to check out HPDE events and void your warranty if your EvoX showed up at an event. Mercedes owners don't have track use warranty, period. I don't know why you think other companies would be any better. Actually, Japanaese brands are the worst as far as I know.

This doesn't sound right. You should change dealer for sure, and appeal at a different dealer, and at least get their second opinion. If you're in CA, Abel Chevy is highly recommended. Just do the trip.

Last edited by tw78911sc; 01-12-2015 at 09:48 PM.
tw78911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:45 PM   #33
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Yea this has been a real interresting thread, I agree somewhat about GM not wanting to cover track issues, however if this is a common problem with 1LE's then in my opinion it should be fixed and covered. Unless as pointed out, it really is a track centered failure for the 1LE.

That being said, anybody who tracks their car has to expect to spend some money on part failures. regardless of what is or not covered under warranty. Most of the stock parts on most cars are not adequate anyway. I dont know enough about the Z28 but I am sure time will tell a few defects.

Take brakes for example, they are a "consumable" part, just like a clutch, tires and belts. Me personally I would only expect so much from OEM parts.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:55 PM   #34
mark1

Drives: 2015 1LE 2SS RS Summit White
mark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:42 PM   #35
backeddy
Banned

Quote:
I agree somewhat about GM not wanting to cover track issues, however if this is a common problem with 1LE's then in my opinion it should be fixed and covered. Unless as pointed out, it really is a track centered failure for the 1LE
exactly, this is a KNOWN ISSUE and they HAVE ATTEMPTED repairs on hundred/thousands of cars that have NEVER been tracked. Now this issue is damaging my transmission and they are using a non relevant excuse to ignore it.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:54 PM   #36
backeddy
Banned

Quote:
They can easily sue you for slander, deformation of character, etc. even though it may not be true they have a lot deeper pockets than I do. It was just easier to fight and get what I wanted and leave the rest alone.
Thanks, I will ask my lawyer about that, you may be correct.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:39 PM   #37
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Sorry for your trouble Backeddy and like others I will be watching this thread with interest. So far my TR6060 has been good but I've not done a lot of gear banging as in AutoX its modtly shift to 2nd and drive and my track day was very smooth. Question for you though, do you find heal/toe shifting makes any difference? Just curious.

Note To others;
Lots of discussion on C5 regarding diff services when racing etc. but have you changed your manual trans fluid? My car is only a year old and I've done 3 diff services and one trans service and where I noticed a big difference is shifting when cold. Use to be knda notchy and sticky and that smoothed right out with trans service and over all better/smoother/easier shifting. Just a FYI...

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:27 AM   #38
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
In retrospect, the one and only real negative moment I had with the Gen 5, was when I first laid eyes on it in a showroom, and saw that single clutch/brake reservoir with DOT 3 on it .

I was accused of overreacting, but I honestly wanted to sob for obvious (to me) reasons.

Bingo, here we are today, with multiple clutch threads, surprise SURPRISE!

Yeah yeah..I know, the owners manual says to switch over to DOT 4 for track use.....

The mere idea that one must switch over to something, then revert to something else for the drive home, AND still be out of warranty because you were caught and/or ratted out for being on the track is preposterous!
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:35 AM   #39
backeddy
Banned

Thank you Camaro Dude, I flushed and filled with 600 before I even thought about going out the first time. I flush/fill after every track weekend too. preposterous is an understatement...You obviously saw what was coming, where the hell was GM?
Old 01-13-2015, 02:35 AM   #40
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
Only speaking as the devils advocate. ..

Keep in mind the 1le does come with the standard warranty.

And remember the old 426 barracuda was sold without a warranty.

But yes, Plymouth didnt make a couple of thousand of em each year either.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:12 AM   #41
TxBandit911
Call Me"Doc"

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE BLACK
Welcome to owning a race car.

My '00 WS6 had serious master/slave issues as well. And it came from the factory with a separated reservoir. GM's garbage hydraulic clutch systems is nothing new at all. I ripped everything out and put in equipment that wasn't garbage. Never had any more problems. If/when I have issues with my new one, ill do the same.
TxBandit911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:09 AM   #42
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
Dude, if there are solutions for a few hundred dollars, why waste your time? If there are aftermarket solutions that can be done, use your energy and time this weekend to correct the situation. The concept that you can buy a cheap car with great track capabilities, and believe you have bought a maintenance free race car, or even a car that will not need performance upgrades is a bit silly. You can go buy a purpose built race car for $100's of thousands and have issues. Motorsports is expensive, and the bills are never ending. You're not going to hurt GM or your dealer by doing this, but you are going to waste your time and prevent yourself from getting back to the track....just my $.02.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote