Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-28-2010, 06:07 PM   #15
ramsman34

Drives: 2011 Summit White, 2SS/RS-LS3
Silver Ice Man
Quote:
I have a similar rattle but more at low speeds (almost stopped) or when reversing and it sounds like it is right under the tranny??
Could this be a heatsheild possibly?
Thanx for any advice.
I hear this sound on my 2011 when I'm in reverse then push the clutch pedal in. It also happens in first gear. Feels like something is shaking at or in the transmission.
ramsman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:23 PM   #16
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...

Drives: 2014 Blue Topaz Silverado
Mine is doing the same thing.......after an oil/trans/rear differential change. I am running aftermarket exhaust with only the stock cats. Honestly it almost sounds like the headers rattle a little bit. It quits when the car warms up.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #17
DVAS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Mine is rattleing to... Someone else mentioned transmission, that is how it does sound to me as well... However, once on the lift, and running obviously, can hear funny clatter coming from mufflers, both make weird noise, one is louder than the other??? They are going to replce whole exhaust, Hopefully this will fix it... someone else on the forum also mentioned when they removed stock exhaust, TONS of water pured out of the muffler.... We will see, hopefully this is the cure for my 2011 ss/
DVAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #18
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVAS View Post
Mine is rattleing to... Someone else mentioned transmission, that is how it does sound to me as well... However, once on the lift, and running obviously, can hear funny clatter coming from mufflers, both make weird noise, one is louder than the other??? They are going to replce whole exhaust, Hopefully this will fix it... someone else on the forum also mentioned when they removed stock exhaust, TONS of water pured out of the muffler.... We will see, hopefully this is the cure for my 2011 ss/
The baffles inside the exhaust cans are rusted out and rattling. Do this, take a tootpick or skinny screw driver and poke the weep hole on the underside of each can to unclog it and be prepared for a waterfall. The weep holes get clogged up by soot/carbon deposits and not let condensation escape, condensation is water and the muffler cans become a collection pool. Dealer will replace them under warranty.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #19
DVAS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
The baffles inside the exhaust cans are rusted out and rattling. Do this, take a tootpick or skinny screw driver and poke the weep hole on the underside of each can to unclog it and be prepared for a waterfall. The weep holes get clogged up by soot/carbon deposits and not let condensation escape, condensation is water and the muffler cans become a collection pool. Dealer will replace them under warranty.
Thanks ffrcobra!!!

They should be calling any-day this week telling me new exhaust is in. AND new calipers... They cleaned the rotors up with good intentions of removing rust: between this and detail folks, they totally ruined the finish on the Brembos, in addition to the paint on my brake pads.... Hopefully my luck is better once exhaust is swapped out, and the only thing I will need to do is change poil for a while..... :-)arge with them when they remove old exhaust and ask them to do the trick you reference.... THANKS A TON
DVAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:50 PM   #20
mouse

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs conv, L99/Automatic
I am having the same rattling/vibration noises from exhaust system when first starting engine, really loud when sitting in garage. taking it in tomorrow for "BCM" reprogram, will mention it to service manager, and ask about "TSB" on this matter.
mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:50 AM   #21
Hollywood74

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Rattling sound

I just bought a brand new 2011 V6 Auto with 56 miles on it, drove it home and heard a horrible rattling sound mostly coming from the left exhaust tail pipe area. I took it to the dealer on day 2 and he said it was a rock, whatever dude it was NOT a rock. The sound is horrible and I only hear it at idle. My car is brand flippin new and its already in the shop. I hope they figure out whats wrong : (
Its a ting ting sound like metal on metal....any ideas?
Hollywood74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #22
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hollywood74, have you tried speaking with another dealership in regards to this issue? I'm sorry to hear you're having problems this early in the ownership of your vehicle. If you're unable to get this addressed by your dealer let me know and I'll do what I can to assist you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #23
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wvallediego View Post
Is this the noise you hear when you are decelerating on gear? The noise that almost sounds like your car is running too rich?

It happens both accelerating and decelerating for me. It's kind of annoying when you have passangers and they are like...wtf is that noise. Feels like it's coming from the transmission more than the exhaust though.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:23 PM   #24
Ls3Power

Drives: Black 2ss/rs
Took my car in for same reason as you guys. Raspy exhaust sound and fast ticking in rear end portion of the car. Happens at low speeds or low gear acceleration. Took it to the dealership and sure enough they said the stock trash cans(baffles) in the back are no good. So getting a new stock exhaust whenever it comes in. The ultimate fix would be after market exhaust,(MBRP baby) but I dont got da money doo.
Ls3Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:43 AM   #25
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, SSX wheels
Same noise here. Took it to the dealership and they replaced and that fixed it. Unfortunely, they also replaced my lifters and destroyed my engine, but that's another story.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #26
maldon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS/Sunroof
Same problem, dealer mechanic wasn't helpful

And by "wasn't helpful" I mean "first told me I should live with it, because it's probably the engine vibrating the gears like old Corvettes used to do, and then swore for 45 minutes of reproductions that he didn't hear anything."

Chevrolet Customer Service, I'm going back in tomorrow with the TSB and a healthy amount of frustration , so I'd appreciate it if you could step in if they continue in the same vein.
This is the first problem I've had with my Camaro, but if this is the experience I'm going to get for normal warranty repairs, I'll look elsewhere for the next car.
Friendly Chevrolet in Dallas, TX if you're curious.

Mine is a buzzing rattle that happens exactly around 1400 RPMs, and only under throttle. Higher gears obviously cause the rattle to happen longer, since they're stuck at low RPM for longer.

Sigh.

--Marc
maldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #27
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi Marc, just let me know how things go and I'll step in if need be. Hopefully this gets your dealers attention and you can get rid of this issue.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #28
maldon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS/Sunroof
Update from the dealership. Had to call them after waiting all day for an update. Since my car was built after the specified date in the tech bulletin, the TB doesn't apply. They tested for the condition specified in the bulletin and didn't find a problem. He said that it already had a newer exhaust that doesn't have a rattling problem.
Tomorrow, the service guy is going to have a different person ("build&tune" not sure if I heard him right) check the heat shields on the muffler and then drive it again.

Hopefully it won't rattle when I get it back tomorrow.

Jeff M, why does it feel like the dealership's primary goal is to convince you that the problem you have isn't actually a problem, or is something that you're imaging?
maldon is offline   Reply With Quote