Old 12-18-2018, 04:23 AM   #57
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
Hi Ted, can you clarify 2 things re the CAI and Rotofab please;

1st I assume that the Rotofab, just like the CAI airbox would see greater whp gains with the stock tune becuase it would also be cleaning up the factory rich tune correct?

2nd what do you mean by “The Rotofab needed a very close to the calibration I made for the stock air box”? I think there is a word missing in the sentence and I can’t understand what is being said sorry.

In other words if tune the car on the stock box then add the rotofab or cai(s) neither will pick up any hp unless you spend a lot time to fine tune the CAI intakes.

I've done the testing w Matt Sorian... I tuned on the stock box and then added both CAI kits neither made the car rich or lean to justify him spending anymore time on the dyno.

I ALSO WENT FURTHER..

I have made several pulls in real world street environments data logging the stock cut box, rotofab, and CAI.. the stock box performed just aswell the major CAI kits.. his prototype (Vararam) based off a stock intake pulling air from other places, having the right angle, right size neck, largest area to grab air and other factors made real changes..

We saw no knock timing, total timing jumped 3 degrees, the map was low 800s MV before it was high 900s and the IATs were close to 20 degrees cooler.. FYI ( the cut stock box has high IATs sitting still but once moving it quickly goes down)

As I stated before I tuned on the stock box 1st.. I told Matt that I ordered a C.A.I kit this was a preorder on blk Friday last year delivered in April.. I asked Matt should I bring the car to retune " I have never seen a CAI make the tune change but to be sure let's. Check it out"

Everyone knows I posted the dyno pulls of all 3 actually lost a hp on the most expensive kit..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:49 AM   #58
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave View Post
I'm just wondering when you'll have more packages for the new ZL1 on your site? I only see 1 package listed. FWIW, I do have your 75rwhp package for my 5th gen, though it hasn't been installed yet.

Thanks in advance.
I apologize I need to get on my IT team to add more product to the ZL-1 section, it is an arduous task to say the least.

We have packages I build per customer needs, with Cams Headers, Fuel system upgrades etc.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:53 AM   #59
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave View Post
I'm just wondering when you'll have more packages for the new ZL1 on your site? I only see 1 package listed. FWIW, I do have your 75rwhp package for my 5th gen, though it hasn't been installed yet.

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
Hi Ted, can you clarify 2 things re the CAI and Rotofab please;

1st I assume that the Rotofab, just like the CAI airbox would see greater whp gains with the stock tune becuase it would also be cleaning up the factory rich tune correct?

2nd what do you mean by “The Rotofab needed a very close to the calibration I made for the stock air box”? I think there is a word missing in the sentence and I can’t understand what is being said sorry.
I first tuned the Stock air box as it was very rich.

I then added the CAI and did have to calibrate the MAF curve to optimize the fuel trims and commanded AFR, Gain was a solid 10 RWHP.

I then installed the Rotofab and calibrated it, and found that the calibration I made for the stock Air box was very close to the same but still different. Gain was a solid 16 RWHP.

I am slammed with Tuning this week and my IT guy was on vacation last week which is why I have not had time to post the video info on the Air boxes.

Ted.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:20 PM   #60
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I did not want to test air boxes on the factory cal because it can skew the results.

I fully tuned the stock air box then installed and tuned Each.

The CAI made 10 RWHP tuned but may see more using the factory calibration as it cleans up the stock rich tune.

The Rotofab needed a very close to the calibration I made for the stock air box and made 16 RWHP hood up hood down no difference I tested this theory several times on another ZL-1.

Pulley ratio, if the same will produce the same results whether done from the bottom pulley or top pulley, the bottom pulley will always have the advantage due to better belt traction on the larger top pulley.

I don't think I would waste time and money on ported 1.7 I would put that money toward a new larger blower which will for sure produce better results and less heat.

If someone wants to send a fully ported blower with snout and 103 I would test it.

But unless your already spinning it at Max speed I don't think we would see the benefits.

Ted.
As for a larger blower, that is the best answer. I would want a centrifugal. However that is more money than the 103+porting. But I want the stock look and perhaps a sleeper ZL1. LOL.

This is what I am thinking now:

Rotofab - already in on the stock tune (lowered ETs by .1-.2+)
Ported 103
Ported snout+internal porting
Small upper pulley
E85
Tune

+60-75 HP (from Rotofab/stock base?)
Old 12-18-2018, 02:32 PM   #61
staples87

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
As for a larger blower, that is the best answer. I would want a centrifugal. However that is more money than the 103+porting. But I want the stock look and perhaps a sleeper ZL1. LOL.

This is what I am thinking now:

Rotofab - already in on the stock tune (lowered ETs by .1-.2+)
Ported 103
Ported snout+internal porting
Small upper pulley
E85
Tune

+60-75 HP (from Rotofab/stock base?)
60-75whp should be very attainable on Ethanol. I'd think a little more if you can get a clean run without heatsoak.
staples87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:37 PM   #62
JANNETTYRACING

Stay tuned guys I should be back on the dyno this week
Old 12-18-2018, 03:40 PM   #63
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Old 12-18-2018, 09:08 PM   #64
2ltrgsr
AXLERODZL1

Drives: 2019 Riverside blue ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Can you do the SCT tuner with your 75hp package? I like the fact you can do the lifetime tunes with the SCT vs the HP tuners credits.
2ltrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:24 PM   #65
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
I first tuned the Stock air box as it was very rich.

I then added the CAI and did have to calibrate the MAF curve to optimize the fuel trims and commanded AFR, Gain was a solid 10 RWHP.

I then installed the Rotofab and calibrated it, and found that the calibration I made for the stock Air box was very close to the same but still different. Gain was a solid 16 RWHP.

I am slammed with Tuning this week and my IT guy was on vacation last week which is why I have not had time to post the video info on the Air boxes.

Ted.
Thanks for the clarification Ted.
No worries on the video, nothing we can’t handle with a little patience.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:40 AM   #66
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ltrgsr View Post
Can you do the SCT tuner with your 75hp package? I like the fact you can do the lifetime tunes with the SCT vs the HP tuners credits.
I prefer HPtuners for this platform.

The program is the same with either device, I think you might be misunderstanding the tuning credits so I will explain.

You only ever need to license your car to the HPtuners device 1 time then you have lifetime access to your cars computer system.

The only reason you would purchase more Licenses is to gain access to another module in the car that may be added at a later date or if you lose your device and have to purchase another.

It is more work for me to tune with HPtuners but I am getting better results with this model previous models are exactly the same results.

Ted.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:17 AM   #67
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
In other words if tune the car on the stock box then add the rotofab or cai(s) neither will pick up any hp unless you spend a lot time to fine tune the CAI intakes.

That really wasn’t what he meant at all. What he meant was the stock box and Roto-Fab require nearly the same MAF curve. So they are basically a bolt on swap that doesn’t really need tuning. Both the stock box and Roto-Fab run rich on the stock tune, but the comparison he did was a good one. He removed tuning variables and picked up 16 whp from just the intake. For someone like me, that’s what matters.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 09:19 AM   #68
JANNETTYRACING

Back on the dyno today stay tuned.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:05 AM   #69
2ltrgsr
AXLERODZL1

Drives: 2019 Riverside blue ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
I prefer HPtuners for this platform.

The program is the same with either device, I think you might be misunderstanding the tuning credits so I will explain.

You only ever need to license your car to the HPtuners device 1 time then you have lifetime access to your cars computer system.

The only reason you would purchase more Licenses is to gain access to another module in the car that may be added at a later date or if you lose your device and have to purchase another.

It is more work for me to tune with HPtuners but I am getting better results with this model previous models are exactly the same results.

Ted.
Thank you, ill be purchasing a parts package from you when I get closer to the end of my deployment.
2ltrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:26 AM   #70
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ltrgsr View Post
Thank you, ill be purchasing a parts package from you when I get closer to the end of my deployment.
Thank you for your service to our country and for your business.

Ted.