Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 07-31-2018, 11:27 AM   #15
oldman14ss

Drives: 2014 1ss camaro
I remember tick in an issue of gm high tech performance magazine when they introduced their adjustable master cylinder on a late model gto then the 4th gen followed. they are the shit. I had a gut feeling that it was a great idea back then as it is now . their quality is fantastic. that's why you pay a little more I'm hitting 60 next week and all I can say is do it right, ONCE, don't want to be laying under car when I should be banging gears. the oldman............
oldman14ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:06 AM   #16
Matt@Tick

Drives: All GM Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandRcAMARO View Post
So I have read all the threads about the clutch pedal sticking or acting odd. Most threads never come to a conclusion or each has its own fix. I'll start off by saying that my car has a McLeod RST Twin Disc Clutch, GTO separate resevoir, and Tick Remote Bleeder Line. Clutch was installed 5k miles ago, new slave cylinder and throw out bearing were installed also at that time.

The Issues: Clutch one day got stuck half way down, then like 3/4 of the way down on a long hot drive in traffic home. It still shifted fine and would disengage. I got home, bled it out completely with Motul 600. And Tada, worked perfect for about a month. Last week the same issues happened. Bled it, lasted about half a day. Now I have been driving it like this, in the morning the clutch will be fine and normal, after about 20 mins of driving it gets stuck half way down. If I get stuck in traffic for too long then its stuck 3/4 of the way down. Been doing this the past 4 days now. Last night I bled it again when I got home from work and it felt good again, until this morning on my drive, 20 mins in, half way down... It is driving me insane....Anyone out there have any idea?
You're definitely describing a hydraulic issue. If the plastic release bearing support was the culprit, it wouldn't improve after a bleed. Heat is getting in there somehow!

As you mentioned, our Tick Performance Billet Adjustable Clutch Master Cylinder Kit for 2010-15 Camaro SS & ZL1 & Z28 is now available and will solve a myriad of clutch/shifting issues. Details here: https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535330

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us any time with any questions at all, our friendly sales staff is happy to help. 336-719-0599 or support@tick-performance.com
Matt@Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:08 AM   #17
Matt@Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman14ss View Post
I remember tick in an issue of gm high tech performance magazine when they introduced their adjustable master cylinder on a late model gto then the 4th gen followed. they are the shit. I had a gut feeling that it was a great idea back then as it is now . their quality is fantastic. that's why you pay a little more I'm hitting 60 next week and all I can say is do it right, ONCE, don't want to be laying under car when I should be banging gears. the oldman............
Thank you for the kind words, oldman14ss! With age comes wisdom, I am figuring that out firsthand!
Old 08-01-2018, 10:52 AM   #18
BandRcAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thank Joey. I am leaning towards the new master, just need to get funds together. School tuition bled me dry lol any chance you guys have any test units for less?
Old 08-02-2018, 07:56 AM   #19
Matt@Tick

Quote:
Thank Joey. I am leaning towards the new master, just need to get funds together. School tuition bled me dry lol any chance you guys have any test units for less?
I know what you mean about school tuition!

There are no test units available, unfortunately. We've had a few guys use PayPal Credit so they could take advantage of the presale savings - just an idea!
Old 08-03-2018, 08:39 AM   #20
BandRcAMARO

Might have to do the same. Thanks though. One last question, what fluid would u recommend with that master? I have the separate reservoir already so its not mixed with the brake fluid.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:01 AM   #21
Matt@Tick

Quote:
Might have to do the same. Thanks though. One last question, what fluid would u recommend with that master? I have the separate reservoir already so its not mixed with the brake fluid.
We use DOT4 fluid. We are not brand loyal tho. We normally use Prestone just because it's on the shelf at the local parts store.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:11 AM   #22
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey@Tick View Post
You're definitely describing a hydraulic issue. If the plastic release bearing support was the culprit, it wouldn't improve after a bleed. Heat is getting in there somehow!

As you mentioned, our Tick Performance Billet Adjustable Clutch Master Cylinder Kit for 2010-15 Camaro SS & ZL1 & Z28 is now available and will solve a myriad of clutch/shifting issues. Details here: https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535330

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us any time with any questions at all, our friendly sales staff is happy to help. 336-719-0599 or support@tick-performance.com
Bravo on your new adjustable master I assume it will not change the pedal engagement distance ?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 12:10 PM   #23
Matt@Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Bravo on your new adjustable master I assume it will not change the pedal engagement distance ?
It will have a smaller window of engagement just like our other kits. The bore size is bigger than the factory master, so that means more fluid will move with less pedal travel.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:53 PM   #24
BandRcAMARO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey@Tick View Post
It will have a smaller window of engagement just like our other kits. The bore size is bigger than the factory master, so that means more fluid will move with less pedal travel.
What exactly is adjustable?
Old 08-03-2018, 12:57 PM   #25
Matt@Tick

Quote:
What exactly is adjustable?
The stroke is adjustable. Which means you can adjust the amount of fluid you are flowing by the stroke length.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:11 PM   #26
BandRcAMARO

Any coupon codes for us C5 members? Bout to pull the trigger on the master cylinder.

Last edited by BandRcAMARO; 08-03-2018 at 01:22 PM.
BandRcAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:35 PM   #27
Matt@Tick

Quote:
Any coupon codes for us C5 members? Bout to pull the trigger on the master cylinder.
We have our Team Tick Program. Check it out. http://www.tickperformance.com/join-teamtick/
Old 08-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #28
BandRcAMARO

Not sure if you can answer but, does "Most" include the 5th gen master?
Attached Images