Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #127
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by avt12882 View Post
As a police officer for 22 years i just looked at the tape. 1st she fled the scene of a crash after hitting 2 cars. 2nd she refused to comply to his orders to get back into the car. After the officer told her more than once to get back into the car she decides she needs to make a phone call. After the girl refuses to comply ,the officer walks up to her grabs her arm then she tries to pull away so he grabed her arm and he swung her around so he could place her into custody. After looking at the tape a few times I don't think he did anything wrong and his chief is a freaking idiot because he didn't back up his officer. Maybe if she wasnt drunk and she just complied there would have not been a problem. You think everyone would have a different mindset if she would have just killed a child and fled the scene. Everyone on here would be saying she got what she deserved. Unless your an officer maybe you should not make comments unless you have had to deal with drunk subjects that refuse to comply just like she did.

Well said.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #128
1SSFever

Drives: 2012 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowSStopper View Post

Nice blanket observation and grouping of thousands of people.

Those that are offended obviously fit the bill.

I don't think the officer's punishment fits the offense here. Some retraining and a temporary suspension may be in order. And yes, I might still feel this way if I or one of my loved ones was the driver in this case.

However who knows, you said it yourself "one sided media". Perhaps this officer already has prior complaints or departmental violations on his record and this was the last straw for him.

Everyone will be ok regardless, she will get her DUI conviction and he will end up getting his job back, or another department will hire him in another area, it happens all the time.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #129
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluve38 View Post
Doesn't matter where she lives, police brutality is police brutality. Not all policemen are policewomen are dirty. You will always get a rotten apple in the bushel.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
Old 08-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #130
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
Old 08-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #131
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SSFever View Post
Those that are offended obviously fit the bill.
Really? I have immediate family in law enforcement and was a correctional officer myself.

Goes to show exactly what you know and why people who make assumptions as you did usually wind up eating their words, as you are.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:50 AM   #132
v1monster

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT
Normally I don't comment on subjects like this, but why not just this once. I understand the officer having a higher level of alert when concerning this individual after being notified on what she had done, but... #1 Sorry, that was excessive force in detaining an intoxicated individual. Instead of slammimng her into the car, put her on the ground utilizing the arm bar technique instead. Pretty obvious she could not even stand without stumbling, so put her on the ground to have better control. #2 Why the hell would you tell an intoxicated individual to step back into a vehicle that they used to damage two vehicles and drive off without reporting the incident? Really? I'm a LEO myself and I showed my fellow LEO's the video and they all agreed it was excessive for the incident.

Cosmetic Mods: AAC Oracle Halos, AAC HIDS, AAC Concept side-markers, AAC LED fog lights, AAC Blue LEDs in cab & trunk, Technostalgia LED Taillights, custom painted bowties, Heritage Grill, and off-center red stripe

Future Mods: Sparco seats, RX Ported & Polished Intake Manifold, VMax Ice-olater, RX Ported Cylinder Heads, Mace Cams and RX Supercharger
Old 08-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #133
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I think this multi-repost thread has earned the right to be a sticky

Old 08-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #134
cmick
corey

Drives: 2013 ss/rs m6
just my opinion but she is the problem not the officer

Closed Thread