Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-20-2012, 05:06 AM   #1
SB09

Drives: 2012 SS/RS M6 AGM
Guy with a Z is pestering the crap out of me.

So, I've got a friend that just recently purchased an 08 350Z. He loves the car and treats it like his own girlfriend. The only mods he has done to it is install a CAI and some Nismo exhaust.

To make a long story short. Daily since I got my SS he has asked me to race his Z. I don't street race whatsoever, he recommends we go to the local drag strip and settle it there. Am I going to completely wipe the tarmac with this Z? Or, is it a a fair race? I really don't want to hurt his feelings, because I think he truly believes he can take my SS.

I'm sure everyone gets tired on the Camaro vs. ??? threads. But, I'm not going to even line up with him if the race won't even be fun.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:10 AM   #2
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
You'll smash him. 370 Z's are a bit quicker but still not up to SS levels. Exhaust/intake isn't enough to make up the difference by any stretch.
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:11 AM   #3
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
There are many more factors than the car alone. I've seen kids turn high 12s on a quarter mile run with 350Zs right off the dealer lot.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:17 AM   #4
Daily Driver

Drives: Silver Bullet
Not sure on the cars specs but alot of it will fall onto driver ability. Either way glad to see you don't condone street racing and willing to take it to the track for your safety and the safety of others
Daily Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:22 AM   #5
SB09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Driver View Post
Not sure on the cars specs but alot of it will fall onto driver ability. Either way glad to see you don't condone street racing and willing to take it to the track for your safety and the safety of others
Great, that's exactly what I wanted to hear! I wanted the race to actually have something to do with the guy behind the wheel. That's when racing really gets fun for me. Now, I've got some motivation to use my gas and waste some rubber on it.

I've learned street racing is really not worth the risk or headache. EVER.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:24 AM   #6
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
There are many more factors than the car alone. I've seen kids turn high 12s on a quarter mile run with 350Zs right off the dealer lot.
Had to be a newer 370z. 350z is low-mid 14's all day.
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:31 AM   #7
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Guys like this, never shut up. If you beat him at the track, a whole list of excuses will be right behind it. Then he will want to do it again, but on a different day... all this time, he won't shut up. I suggest, after beating him at the track, then beat him verbally, humiliate him in front of everyone, the smack him on the face (gently) and treat him like a little boy who wants more ice cream. Then tell him to get the F*ck out and never speak to you again.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:33 AM   #8
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHasCamaro View Post
Had to be a newer 370z. 350z is low-mid 14's all day.
Could have been. They look the same to me from a distance.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:42 AM   #9
byrosol
Thunderclap

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IBM (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Guys like this, never shut up. If you beat him at the track, a whole list of excuses will be right behind it. Then he will want to do it again, but on a different day... all this time, he won't shut up. I suggest, after beating him at the track, then beat him verbally, humiliate him in front of everyone, the smack him on the face (gently) and treat him like a little boy who wants more ice cream. Then tell him to get the F*ck out and never speak to you again.

byrosol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:47 AM   #10
1985airborne
One Slow Automatic

Drives: 2017 GS 2010 CAMARO SS
Go wipe his A$$ OUT!!! Make sure you bet him his paycheck since he swears on his car thats how you make this fun!
Old 04-20-2012, 05:48 AM   #11
SB09

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post

That will for sure get the point across. I guess this all comes with the territory. I'm not used to owning a true sports car, so I guess I'll just have to deal with it and tell him I don't want anyone to embarrassed.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:49 AM   #12
1954 Belair-man

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM 1SS M6
Only one way to find out settle it at the track, do us Camaro fans proud and come back and lets us know the out come, good luck have fun and be safe
1954 Belair-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:51 AM   #13
dimster

Drives: Volvo V60 -12, 2SS/RS 45th EU edt.
Don't waste tour friendship, time, gas, rubber etc. Be the more humble person and tell him he's right even though he will have his ass handed to him. It's not worth the effort and the risk of breaking anything.
dimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:57 AM   #14
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimster View Post
Don't waste tour friendship, time, gas, rubber etc. Be the more humble person and tell him he's right even though he will have his ass handed to him. It's not worth the effort and the risk of breaking anything.

He'll believe you and find one on the street that will smoke him, although you'll probably never hear about it.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote