Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
Mohamed Sharaf
passionate

Drives: 2012 IOM 2LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Mohamed Sharaf
The worst has happened to my Camaro

Yes the worst has happened to my camaro 4 weeks ago I parked it at home like I always do, then at the morning and it was a weekend I wake up and got dressed to go out in my lovely new Camaro then I get shocked my car has been hit from the passenger side starting from half the car at the door to the rim I was shocked for like 10m wondering if this is my car or not then I started checking how bad it is, and I tell you it is very bad it was a hit and run but why it is a big street why leaving all the free area and hitting my car, so I called the insurance they came and took some pics and worked out the needed papers and me signing them, it is a long story, after 4 weeks I got the approval to repair the car at one of their body shops and I don't get to choose as I didn't pay for getting the car repaired at the agency when I subscribed so I went to their body shop and they said it will take a week and they will repair the rim I don't know how, they will do their magic to the right panel and door and also I don't know how!! + they will have to drive the car for color matching there where I stopped him and got in my car and drove away. I went to the insurance company and made a big issue about them, I went to their supervisor and sat with him, he told me I am sorry we can only make you choose another body shop out of these 3 (he named them but I've never heard of them) otherwise we can't support you in anything. I walked out so mad and sad. I don't know a good body shop that can fix it for me, and the agency offered me to fix it for $4k including replacing the rim and the rest will be fixed and repainted. Everytime I look at the right side I go very sad, I am that kind of guy that if there is anything wrong with the car I go like so sad deep inside and mad. I honestly don't know what to do, 4k is too much to pay out of my pocket for a hit and run

Maybe in the pics it doesn't look that bad, but I tell you the right panel is damaged badly and the door is damaged as well but not that much of a damage and the rim as you'll see in the pictures must be replaced because I can't have it that way

These pictures are from last night after I got it all cleaned up:

and this one is from before I clean it:

Old 04-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
Muscle SS
All blackkk

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Sucks, not the worst tho.
Sorry to see it
Old 04-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Ouch! buzzard luck, sorry to hear it. Hope your baby is back in shape soon.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
Mohamed Sharaf
passionate

Drives: 2012 IOM 2LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Mohamed Sharaf
The worst in term of the car's history :'( not the worst that would've happened I know.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
Uileat

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
So the insurance company was willing to fix the car and for some random reason you got mad and refused?

If you want it fixed take it to the body shop and let them fix it.
Uileat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
rsflyer

Drives: 2010 VR 2LT/RS A6
Arrow Damage does not look that bad. Just...

...bite the bullet & let the "most reputable" of the three "repair" shops do the work.

Write down your odometer reading and take pictures of every nook and cranny of the car.

If anything else happens to your car while in "repair" then file another claim.

One cannot control everything in life. Sometimes one has to just go with the flow.

For now try to get some rest and have some peace.

Who knows? Maybe the "repair" shop you choose will perform magic on yor car.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #7
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
If you want it fixed and don't want to pay out of pocket then you'll have to abide by your insurance's rules
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #8
otter

Drives: Eastbound and Down
These are the things you need to know about your insurance policy before you sign the contract. There are a lot of considerations other than price when getting insurance. You need to know these things before you get in an accident.

Also, learn about your state's regulations regarding your choice of repair shops.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #9
rsflyer

Drives: 2010 VR 2LT/RS A6
Arrow This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
These are the things you need to know about your insurance policy before you sign the contract. There are a lot of considerations other than price when getting insurance. You need to know these things before you get in an accident.

Also, learn about your state's regulations regarding your choice of repair shops.
...owner (op) is in Saudi Arabia.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #10
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
NO idea what the rules are for insurance in your area but I know in CA it's illegal for the insurance company to force you into a body shop.

Sorry to hear about this... I hope that whichever body shop you choose gets the job done right and you can be happy about your car again.
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #11
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Sorry about your car, probably a drunk driver, may not even realized he hit something...
My insurance gives us a list of approved repair shops in the area and we can take it to any of those...
Good luck getting it fixed right. P.S. look over the car before signing over the insurance check. If its not to your satisfaction make them fix it right.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #12
RacegirlAng
RacegirlAng

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I feel your pain!!!! My neighbor hit my car trying to back out of the parking spot next to me. I hadn't even had it 3 months yet. It took me about 2 months to find the "right" body shop. In the end, everything got fixed and the paint matched perfectly.

Have you found a body shop you would trust to do the work? You said the supervisor wouldn't support you. Does that mean they will issue the check to you for the repairs, but will not guarantee the work if it is done by someone other than their body shop?
Maybe start with finding the shop you do want to work with, then see if they can work something out with your insurance company?

Good luck!
RacegirlAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #13
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Sorry about your car, probably a drunk driver, may not even realized he hit something...
Possible, but kind of unlikely it was a drunk driver in Riyadh!

OP;
Sorry for your ordeal. Research the listed body shops and give the most reputable the chance to make it right. This is part of the insurance game we need to be aware of before an accident.

Best of luck. Post pics after the repairs.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #14
camaro1350

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS 1LT, 6M
Rules may be different, he's not from USA.