Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-19-2015, 11:38 PM   #141
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MShafer View Post
Didn't see this posted yet. Good ole Jalopnik http://jalopnik.com/i-was-the-first-...ium=socialflow
Production AIN'T even started yet!

DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:07 AM   #142
Bretts
SS

Drives: 2015 2ss rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
To soon for this?.......this is the first "meme" I have ever made, so go easy on me

LOL
what a Moron! don't know if he is worth defending guys, might have done it on purpose for all we know
,can anyone really drive that bad wtf!
CCW sp16a track set, BTR stage 3 cam and kooks longtubes with high flow catsLocks@7.5 degrees castor and radius arm inserts, Ride Tech 2coilovers JDP upper control arm bushings BMR lower knuckle bushing Bo White throttle body3.91 gears Spohn del-sphere toe link and trailing arms Prothane subframe bushings
Bretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:08 AM   #143
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Where's Chris Harris when you need him?
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:47 PM   #144
Jim968

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
You can tell by the way he panics and crosses up his arms during the crash that he has no driving experience on a track. If Jalopnik wants to move into the world of real journalism, maybe they should send their "journalists" to a driving school before letting them attend events like this? He was there to evaluate the car and he ended up crashing it because he was too focused on looking good on the GoPro. Rookie move.
Strongly agree. Anyone care to offer a suggestion as to what he should have done differently once he realized he was into the corner too fast on the wrong line?
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:02 PM   #145
FloridaBill

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
This is the equivalent of balling it up on a parade lap.
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:04 PM   #146
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim968 View Post
Anyone care to offer a suggestion as to what he should have done differently once he realized he was into the corner too fast on the wrong line?
I read this only a couple of minutes ago.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=595283&postcount=31

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATTBoss
Fixing a front skid requires the driver to do a few things that are counter-intuitive. Natural response is to brake, and if already braking to brake harder, and add more steering. Both are wrong.

If your are braking and steering and your are understeering you need to soften pedal pressure, even with ABS, and take steering out to regain grip. You also need to look where you want the car to go! If you notice in the video, he stares right at the wall while adding steering.

Once you start dialing back the steering pay attention to the car's path. When the path tightens up, and without adding more pedal pressure you can begin slowly adding some steering input back in as long as the car doesn't begin pushing again. He could have fixed it if he had been paying attention to his driving and not giving commentary.
When you come off the brakes while cornering, you momentarily have a greater than normal amount of front grip available for turning and the car will tuck in a little tighter. Unwinding the steering brings the front tires back toward slip angles consistent with turning rather than sliding.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 05-20-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:20 PM   #147
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I'm proud to say that none of our members wrecked on the track.
LMAO yep, I was braking WAY early to NOT be that guy lol
Old 05-20-2015, 02:52 PM   #148
Jim968

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I read this only a couple of minutes ago.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=595283&postcount=31

When you come off the brakes while cornering, you momentarily have a greater than normal amount of front grip available for turning and the car will tuck in a little tighter. Unwinding the steering brings the front tires back toward slip angles consistent with turning rather than sliding.

Norm

Great analyses and recommendations from both Norm and FATTBoss!

A tire only has a certain amount of grip. The front tires use their available grip for both braking and steering. When PG realized he was carrying too much speed he simultaneously applied maximum braking AND maximum steering thus completely overcoming the front tires’ available grip. The result was neither braking nor steering and a straight off slide into the barrier. Coming partially off the brakes and unwinding the wheel (or better yet not crossing up to begin with) would have allowed the front tires to bite and steer away from the barrier.
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:33 PM   #149
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
You'd think if you reviewed cars for a living you'd attend a few HPDEs and get some training. Even my dumbass knows how to correct under and oversteer or at least attempt to.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:28 PM   #150
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
Jalopink seems kind biased against GM, in my opinion... I'm sure this wont help. The commenters are even worse
Old 05-23-2015, 10:46 PM   #151
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Magnitude View Post
Jalopink seems kind biased against GM, in my opinion... I'm sure this wont help. The commenters are even worse
Jalopnik is biased against almost everything American.

They're mostly Euro and Rice snobs.

That being said they do like American exotics (Vipers, GT's, etc) and do speak well of the Stingray.

Jalopnik, Kotaku and Jezebel are almost totally trash. Foxtrot Alpha, their military blog, is very good.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:52 PM   #152
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Well in any case I really think this ends their reputation as any but crack pot auto journalist.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:40 AM   #153
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by benanderson89 View Post
They were asked to leave after they understeered big time into a tire wall, wrecking the front quarter. I'm honestly not surprised it was Jalopnik, if I'm to be perfectly honest.

On the plus side, that V6 sounds amazing.
Are you sure he doesn't work for FORD or Dodge?...
spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:00 AM   #154
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Hopefully he learned that it does not take a lot of horsepower to get your self in trouble. Even with all of the nannies on, you just can't beat physics. Maybe he will start taking lessons at a good driving school.