Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-30-2017, 09:16 PM   #1
OlePhu
Oldskool

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
Was the Vmax (or any throttle body) for 2013 Camaro V6 just a fad?

I've noticed a lot of interest in throttle bodies from several years back for 2013ish Camaros but not much lately. It appears that a couple vendors that were promoting them back then are not doing so now. Were they (throttle bodies, i.e. Vmax) not what they were proposed to be? Just curious.
OlePhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:36 PM   #2
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
No, most definitely not. They are a worthy upgrade and do help in throttle response. I went from the VMAX to the 80MM Overkill and noticed a considerable amount of response increase as well. And intake sound.

Definitely something worthwhile to do!
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:12 PM   #3
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Definitely not. Throttlebodies are where all the magic begins. GM squeezed just about all they could out of that 3.6. Incredible difference when I ported my 80mm and matched the mani to it and added the Jacfab spacers, a big, big improvement. I recommend the 80 allday and twice on Saturday.

Last edited by Kenny Camaro; 05-02-2017 at 07:40 PM.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:31 PM   #4
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Kenny Camaro--What gain did you see from the JacFab spacers? Low-end torque?
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:48 PM   #5
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT Impala View Post
Kenny Camaro--What gain did you see from the JacFab spacers? Low-end torque?
Yes the spacers moved the torque curve down lower in the rpms range. At the same time, I ported my 80 mm tb and matched ported my intake manifold. Last Saturday I did a dyno pull and the torque stayed within 10% of peak from 3000- 6800 rpms. The Jacfab spacers help the weak area or the lfx, which is torque, especially in the lower end of the power band.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:30 PM   #6
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
JacFab spacer is definitely one of the big upgrades for anyone NA!
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:05 PM   #7
OlePhu
Oldskool

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
I've been doing probably too much research on throttle bodies. There's not much out there on VMAX lately, except on a thread with JDP last year and that wasn't real encouraging. Most of the older supplier who were selling it are not now. Other options seem to be Overkill, Katech and some others. I'd prefer to keep my original throttle so I have a couple of options: buy a new one that's ported or buy one off ebay and use that as the core. Any suggestions on the above options? the spacer might be a future option but not right now.
OlePhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:10 PM   #8
Twin Town Terror

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
Go with the 80mm if the Vmax is no longer available. The JacFab spacer is a must!
Elite catch can & clean side oil separator, Apex Scoop, CAI cold air intake, Vmax ported throttle body, TTT ported intake manifold, JacFab intake manifold spacer, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Weld RT-S 17x5 f and 17x 9 r wheels, MT 28/6/17 f and M&H 275/50/17 r tires, TTT rear seat delete, Nitrous Outlet plate kit, 125hp jets.
Twin Town Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:40 PM   #9
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlePhu View Post
I've been doing probably too much research on throttle bodies. There's not much out there on VMAX lately, except on a thread with JDP last year and that wasn't real encouraging. Most of the older supplier who were selling it are not now. Other options seem to be Overkill, Katech and some others. I'd prefer to keep my original throttle so I have a couple of options: buy a new one that's ported or buy one off ebay and use that as the core. Any suggestions on the above options? the spacer might be a future option but not right now.
I have a stock throttlebody and have ported my Overkill TB myself. If you want to get a ported TB, give me a shout. K.C.